Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When it comes to selling my ST, how do people thing the addition of the Mountune 165 kit and Eibach springs would affect the price of an otherwise standard car? (bar leather gaiter and smooth wipers)

I fitted those mods specifically as they are all dealer fit options and should therefore hopefully affect the price positively

Thanks

Tim

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
It wont lose money,as it's modified the fact it has the mountune upgrade is a bonus in my eyes.

I would sell the car at a little more then what a standard one is worth.like I say it's mountune so it's a ford approved product so the car will hold it's money more then a custom tuned ST.

Lee

·
Registered
382 Posts
I think unless you can find someone who specifically wants an ST with the mods you have they are not going to have a positive effect on the price. I'm my oppinion mods detract value from a car.

Modded cars always give me the impression that the car has been driven hard and not looked after. You can blame the 106, Saxo and Clio drivers around my area for giving me that impression.

I'm sure you have taken great care of your ST but if your looking to sell you might get more money by making the car standard and sell the 165 kit and other mods seperatly.

Just my opinion. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm tempted to strip the mods off, but the 165 kit includes a remap, which you can't really take off
Removing the beautiful clean stainless tubular manifold would be easy, but fitting some secondhand scabby rusty manifold and downpipe would be a royal PITA!
Plus I no longer have the original exhaust, so would have to swap with someone, further complicating matters

I guess I'll just have to hold out until someone wants a well cared for and otherwise unmolested Mountune ST

I went for the 165 over the 185, as the 185 has less torque low down, and most of my driving is 2-4k rpm (where the missing torque in the 185 kit used to live!), so in my opinion the 165 is better for normal driving and road use.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
the selling point here is what the kit does not that it has a kit. Sell it on the fact it has better MPG, better breathing for engine life, much better low down torque so driving either locally or crusiing requires no/little changing down, air filter only requires cleaning and not renewing (spending money) etc etc.

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
I can't see how the 165 kit will lower the value....I know you may thing it's been abused but it's the 165kit so it's not been revved hard like the 185's so IMO I can't see it being a bad thing.you have improved on what ford made.

Plus it's ford approved so you could get a warranty on the car easy enough.

Just hold out mate it's a expensive bit of kit.some on will snap it up as it will save them money!

Lee

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I've heard good things about Fiesta STs selling with Mountune kits, apparently they go quickly. In the advert just state it's a fully authorised Ford tuning company which didn't void warranty etc. I've seen a guy on Pistonheads before who copied a section from the Mountune website to describe what it was.

The fact it's got Mountune imo is a good thing and I think a lot of potential buyers will see it the same way!

Jack

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks gents, fingers crossed then

I did want to sell it quickly, but I'll put my other project on hold and just wait it out until the right buyer comes along. It's a very nice car, despite that blue oval thing on the front!

I always feel sad selling a car... I once had a mint 4 year old Saxo VTR which was standard and really really nice to drive - absolutely a perfect car for Shoddy english roads! Some
buys it, and was muttering things about lowring it by 5' and fitting 18" alloys
I nearly cried!

I also sold an absolutely beautifully modified Nissan 200sx, no stickers, no giant wings, no tacky carbon bonnet, unblemished Skyline blue paintwork, subtle bodykit, S15 silvia front end conversion, Brembo brakes and gorgeous anthracite alloys... Plus teh small matter of 360bhp. The new owner immediately stuck some Alloys on it that were far too wide with tyres that were far too skinny, and a tacky carbon bonnet :( I did actually cry at that
Why does everyone feel they have to follow the herd and try to modify fashionably??
There is tasteful and then there is fashionable... Tasteful is always tasteful, but fashionable is only fashionable for a short time...

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
i have like every detail of my car logged. like when tyres were fitted, when oil changes were done, and a full service history... But i guess because its modified people will think i never looked after it...

... doesnt matter anyway, im keeping my car untill its scrap

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
I would leave It on as said.

It's all genuine Ford approved upgrade's so I dont see It De-Value'ing the car come sale time....More of a bonus IMO

1 - 13 of 13 Posts