Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hey guys and gals,

so after 5 cars in 2 years after selling ym fiesta ive decided it was time again to be reunited with the car i fell in love for. lol.

since the white 1 i had ive been through

clio 197

c2 vts

yaris t sport

207 gt

mazda rx8 240bhp

now im back and with a nice st engine..

so after having sooo many troubles with my pug - no 1 ever ever buy the gt or gti.... i will warn you now.

so the car 2006 fiesta st in red.

spec includes

mongoose cat back

lowered -alot on aps

mams mt1s

carbon roof

smoothed front and rear bumpers

hertz audio set up

k &n induction

wind deflecters

a fair amount of things to do to make it my own due to prev owner doing most of the work...

thanks

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I think i remember seeing this being built on here by the previous owner.... def is v low tho lol.. saw it at fitp.. looks gd..

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cheers guys, yeh well happy 1 small issue tho atm it doesnt start 1st time.. after its warmed up.

ive put ngk irridium plugs in

cleaned out throttle body
cleaned induction kit

exhaust is blowing in the centre a bit but any thing it could be oil filter looks wayy old tho ??? it starts when press accel pedal??? ta

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
Sound's like a poss Fuel Issue.

Is the EML on..?Is there any stored code's..?Has It had a Engine Update do you know..?
What milegae has It done,I would try replacing the Fuel Filter and see If that help's any..?It may be blocked....

Nice ST BTW,I seen It at FITP and thought It looked great

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ed Yeh very easy haha. Its on 42k and no lights on. Don't know about update might get that 1from pumaspeed at 40 the update as ford want 90...
I'm changing fuel and oil this weekend. The induction was black and clogged too just gave it anice soak in hot water and cleaned it over night.
Cheers

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
Hi mate,

I like your fez,looks cool.the rims really set it off.

As for your exhaust blowing,many moons ago when I had just a mongoose cat back it used to blow.it's due to it being a bigger bore size you stick exhaust past round it and tighten the clamp up and it either blows through the slits or goes hard and cracks due to it not being a tight fit.

Best bet.......save for the manifold and sport cat or de cat.

What do you wana do to the car?

Lee

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Given the age of your car, around that sort of age STs did have warm start issues, i.e. after being driven for a mile or two, turned off, then refusing to start without extra throttle input (mine had the same problem), surprised it's never been done but this was cured with an ECU update from Ford, if your garage is friendly enough they might do it for you for free, otherwise will be whatever they charge for an ECU update.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for the input guys much appreicated. well had a diag on the car and my code for current software or map is

ULBCAE2

IS THIS THE OLD 1 AND WILL THE PUMASPEED ST500 1 CURE MY LOVLEY FAULT LOL, sorry for caps.haha,
the roof is just a wrap buddy, so over the next few weeks my install will be in and all bits painted black that need to be.plus some extras.cheers any light on the software would be great ta...

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
wel found out it is the update i need,

few updates

-rear seats have been taken out
-new bulbs fron and rear plates
-grommits for suspension
-extra short gear stick and alcantara gaiter
-plugged in a dream scienece the other day on the extreme map and it was mental so neeed in my life but my monnnies are going toward my new personal plate...

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
looks nice mate but as above, it just needs the ECU update and all will be fine, mine did the same thing but it never really bothered me

Matt

·
Registered
1 Posts
this is epic , need to get mine looking similar to this lol. just struggling to find any wheels i like . where did you get that gear stick from if you dont mind me asking

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
im sooooo hoood lol,

so wanting to show the vag boys how its done heres a sneeky peek as to whats going in tomoz

yes thats right golf gti fronts..

thanks will see the outcome tomorrow ,praying they go in ok .

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
so guys a fair few updates...

some of me and dan. hydro saxo ftw

so i had a rethink on the system and made some change

got the new hertz sub dvc "10
and a new audison srx3 amp too. also a new istall so heres prog pics

so we started by getting a board sorting a bend and cutting up the rear quater and fabbing into place

then we made the volcano sub build and built a box under neather.alos all suspended on a frame we built

amp placement

and here the final bits together

so as im no expert we put some detail in tartannn

so whats left

sand down other rear quarter and trim it
fit
tidey up some edges.

the amp cover is trimmed in the same as the seats and the tatan to flow into also.

c&c welcome

big thanks to dan for the help.

built all this for under £100 pound

and 4 nights.. was long nights midnight was a early 1 lol.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
love the seats dude, but can't understand why you went through so much effort to build that into your car, i don't get the whole car audio scene, don't get me wrong, i do like loud music n good quality sound, just dont see why you have to jeopardise the inside of your car for it.

i really liked the kenwood scirocco at trax last year, boot build on that was sweet, n the back subs looked almost factory

White Grille Automotive lighting Light Hood
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Personal luxury car

don't wana slag your car off totally, as it was a pretty cool build when you bought it, and the seats are a good improvement to the car, but you can tell the boot build only cost you £100 needs a bit more care dude, like the cover over your amp isn't symmetrical or rounded, think a bit more tartan in the rear might help it a bit too?

Matt

Attachments

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So ice always been a audio audio fan. Spent just over 10k on just audio in my last fiesta .
Something I've always wanted.
The build was built by me and my mate materials cost 100 n then man hours into it. I don't think you can really put a price on our own work tbh. 85 percent woudnt even attempt it.
I understand feedback . But I think may be it could be more construtive as such.
We are not wood workers , nor trimmers,nor any way other work so to acheice and say we built it is real pride for us.
Still not complete just yet .. thanks tho
That vw looks abit chav imo lol .

1 - 20 of 47 Posts