Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
To be frank it up to the buyer to check a car's history before buying and to ask the seller appropriate questions, the seller should be honest and saying they were oblivious is tenuous.

I'd simply walk away rather than make a big fuss though.

·
Registered
533 Posts
To be frank it up to the buyer to check a car's history before buying and to ask the seller appropriate questions, the seller should be honest and saying they were oblivious is tenuous.

I'd simply walk away rather than make a big fuss though.
The legality of it comes into play though, it’s registered as being in the trade, as it is currently registered to Pumaspeed, as someone found out, if you’re a trade seller it is a legal requirement that you disclose the fact a car has a category on it. If Danny was selling as a private individual, then your point stands as there is no legal requirement for a private individual to disclose that information.
None the less, unless I was buying from a main dealer I would always HPI the car before even leaving a deposit

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It appears to have been
Private group, not going to join it as I despise Facebook groups...plus a conflict of interest for me 😆
ah, to be honest I was browsing on the Mrs’ Facebook as I don’t have it myself so was unaware it was a private group! Non the less, it’s only fair to make everyone aware, it can be too easy to become complacent if you think your dealing with a reputable company. They (PumaSpeed) has since apologised for their chief mechanic (Danny) ‘rolling their reputation under the bus’. 😂

·
Premium Member
Fiesta ST Edition
1,465 Posts
I understand why people get miffed on this, I'm not saying Danny don't make a mistake, whether knowingly or not, but unless it's new why wouldn't you get a full vehicle check? Especially a hot hatch.

The Facebook poster says Cat S is severe structural damage is incorrect and a just hyping the negatives. Cat S are perfectly fine to be repaired, severe structural damage would be Cat A or B and would not be repaired. Air bags alone can cause Cat S. But the price must reflect it and if I were selling I'd include pre repair pictures to be fully transparent.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
From reading through the comments, the previous owner rejected the repair work PumaSpeed carried out on the car as it wouldn’t run properly. Whatever the story, regardless if you should do a check on a car, the fact remains they tried to sell it as a clean example. We all know it happens, I’m just glad they got called out for it.

·
Premium Member
Fiesta ST Edition
1,465 Posts

A Facebook group worthy of a visit

·
Registered
747 Posts
The Facebook poster says Cat S is severe structural damage is incorrect and a just hyping the negatives. Cat S are perfectly fine to be repaired, severe structural damage would be Cat A or B and would not be repaired. Air bags alone can cause Cat S. But the price must reflect it and if I were selling I'd include pre repair pictures to be fully transparent.
it has to be remembered though that Cat S is the only category that specifically states that the car has had structural damage and is still allowed to be repaired - "Structural damage, repairable". Any other category that itemises structural damage must be broken or crushed. All the other repairable categories are just "not economically worth repairing".
So I personally don't think the poster was hyping anything. It's as bad as it gets without breaking/crushing.

·
Premium Member
Fiesta ST Edition
1,465 Posts
"Severe" structural damage will always be A or B. Structural damage as in S in many cases is none bolt on parts requiring repair or several bolt on parts.

It doesn't excuse not mentioning when selling that there has been a total loss against the vehicle.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts