Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all, just looking to clarify if the Cruise control switches off when you change gear?
It did on my previous ST2 (which is claimed in Ford manual),so is a little weird mine doesn't when driving on motorways.
I have only noticed this on mine, anyone else with same issue is a bonus or its back to Fords FFS?

·
Premium Member
1,621 Posts
My 2019 ST cuts the CC when you press the clutch. My last car, an A3, didn't. It would go back to maintaining speed after a gear change. A good feature on a slow road.
Maybe just an update. I wouldn't take it back to Ford for this single thing.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My 2019 ST-2 turns off cruise control if I press the clutch or even touch the brakes, wonder if there’s a setting to change it in the menus perhaps?

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
This is possibly the difference between the ACC available on the rest of the range ST Line etc) and the ‘dumb’ CC on the ST due to lack of sensors. Our Mazda wouldn’t cut the CC when changing gear but had all the gubbins to know where it was on the road, whereas the ST and my previous Mk7 would cut on either braking or clutch. Maybe someone who has had an ST Line with ACC could confirm?

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
I'll let you know next time I take my Edition out... Not a great deal of point comparing to different model years if there's some sort of software update to the recent builds.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey guys n gals, many thanks for you replies, sadly i require EDITION only owners to compare their CC with mine please?

·
Premium Member
1,621 Posts
Hey guys n gals, many thanks for you replies, sadly i require EDITION only owners to compare their CC with mine please?
Why would the edition be any different? It's an ST with a nice paint colour etc. Very much doubt it would have different functional features that are model specific.
But, please feel free to ignore me as I just have an ST2. 😂

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
Why would the edition be any different? It's an ST with a nice paint colour etc. Very much doubt it would have different functional features that are model specific.
Note the words 'model years' in my post... That tends to have quite a large difference, even if only in software. But occasionally you get something larger, you know like there being a fairly substantial engine change in early 2019 😉

·
Premium Member
1,075 Posts
Am I missing something here surely the cruise control cutting out when you press the brake or use the clutch is a good thing. If there are other cars around you and the traffic is changing speed using cruise control is perhaps not essential.

Having full control of the car and using your brain might stop many of the accidents I say day in day out on the motorways....

This is not aimed at anyone posting on this thread before anyone overreacts its just a thought.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ken apologies if I offended you, please remember the mode controls and steering wheel buttons are different in the Edition, the wiring harness will be different and it may have been overlooked by Ford
I came from an ST2 which was an early model so the chance to upgrade for the blue interior and newer revised engine was my reason for upgrading to the Edition

1 - 10 of 10 Posts