Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I got my tracking done the other day and the camber was out on the rear by -1.5 degreed on the drivers side and +0.5 degrees on the passenger side - I asked the technician if he could alter it and the reply was that there isn't factory fitted camber adjustment and the issue was down to the rear beam being different heights at each mounting point.
I jacked the car up and took to measuring the mounts themselves (circled below) , from the center of the bushing bolt to the flat piece of the mount that meets the body, and found a 10mm discrepancy between the drivers and passenger side mounts.
Chainsaw Font Bicycle part Auto part Music

I'm going to take the mounts off individually and inspect later tomorrow, anyone know of any changes to suspension that could've meant a smaller part fitted in a past life?
I heard in 2016 they changed the rear beam on the fiesta in some way so thought this could be a potential

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
I have heard of this happening before, where the rear beam becomes unaligned. As you say, there is no means of adjusting it, other than removing the whole thing and re-mounting.

It also happens with the front, where a small amount of play between the subframe and chassis leads to it become unaligned.

AET do a product to address this:

·
Registered
39 Posts
This could well be worn a worn axle bush, the mounting rubber between the axle and the bracket attached to the car, it’s a very common issue on this type of set up and especially now these cars are starting to get older.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
The whole drivetrain is assembled in the factory by laser alignment by an automated process. There are videos on youtube still. So it could be somethings been changed out over it's life or it has just worn. Or the common thing, as mentioned above, the rear axle bushes wear. Genuine Ford bushes are only £20 each on ebay, but that's if you have play in the bushing on your axle. Otherwise if it's the mounts themselves, unbolt it slightly and pry it into a more adequate position. Then maybe go get it back on the wheel alignment to see if it has helped the figures?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I thought it was the axle bushes as I installed polybushes and maybe didnt bolt the mounts back in properly but they're tight and flush.

When taking the dampeners out of each side, one is definately higher than the other. I'm going to have the brackets out side by side and do some more measuring to see where the difference is coming from.

Will also drop the ARB and the summit brace off to see if its some torsion loss

Other than this, will probably just create a machined shim plate to go on the side that needs packing out to get the two level

1 - 5 of 5 Posts