Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm after somebody to spray my plastics.

Can anyone recommend me a company/person? Also, how long they'd need them for?

Thanks in advance!

Jay.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
My mate in blackpool comes very well recommended by lots of members on here. Search chris in blackpool

Contact him on 07974 367199 for more details

·
Registered
167 Posts
I got a good one YOURSELF

It really aint hard, rough them up using scotch pad and give 2 coats of grey plastic primer (i got mine from Halfords)
Then spray your desired colour choice give this another 2 coats maybe 3.

Dont rush and take your time remember to make sure its clean before spraying.

I done mine and helped Channy (G1RL R4C3R) with hers. Gonna do my brothers ZS too soon.

Never had an issue

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lloydy, get over S.Town and help me then! Does anyone go to the multi in Harlow anymore?

·
Registered
167 Posts
ok pm me and i'll give you a hand. I'm free tonight friday and sunday this week i'm not far from you and wont really take long once you get going.

What you wanna do front grills, surrounds, fog lights and the rear reflective lights and centre exhaust trim?

yeah i use a few of the multis in harlow why?

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Christ mate I haven't got a clue what bits I wanna do.. Just all the front bits mainly. I don't even know what I need to buy? I'm going to go with a kinda shiny black possibly, like the new FRS style? Carbon splitter should look the nuts then!

I haven't been over Harlow for a while apart from shopping here and there. Used to visit the multi by the college and obviously Asda! Nobody seems to meet down here no more!

·
Registered
167 Posts
well could do the front and the rear doesnt take long, also could do the plastic chrome bezel surrounds for the fog lights, there lots of colours you can choose from.

gloss black sounds good, I used Halfords grey plastic primer and halfords spray paint, then since you want gloss i would defo put lacquer on it.

gonna need to prepare the surface first though so need to ket the surface, i can sort you out with some scotch brite and wet n dry for this.

Im more than happy to help so if you ever need me just say as i'm more than happy to help you out.

na meets in harlow are very sparce, the mcdonalds near the cinema has people about.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What grade wet and dry should I use? I can get the bits off and key them up I guess, just never used any spray things at all before.

When the time comes I'll grab some pics as I go!

McD's is usually the 17/18 year olds in their Saxo's "innit"? Shame there aren't any meets closer to here!

·
Registered
167 Posts
I used 800 and some green scotch brite which i could pop in to you on the way home from work on friday if you fancy it?

Basically ket it up with the scotch brite or wet n dry, wipe it down to get the dust off as do not wanna spray on top of that.

Then using grey plastic primer give it a couple of coats make sure you cover it all in the gaps etc esp in the grille.

Let this dry first then apply a couple coats of the paint make sure its plastic suitable

Then lacquer it before installing, ou dont have to but helps lock in the colour and protects the paint work form damage.

I got my spray cans from halfords, but up to you.

A professional sprayer will be able to do them better than yourself but im more than happy with mine and the people ive helped do theirs.

If you need help then let me know i'll be more than happy to help

Yh it is a bit lol, i would like a decent meet close by

1 - 11 of 11 Posts