Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there a guide anywhere for how to take the rear seats out.

If not, anyone care to post up a quick tutorial? Is it easy to do?

Sorry for spamming this section recently, search isn't working on my phone.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Various sizes of torx bolts mate, big ones are T50 and T55 not quite sure on the smaller ones maybe T35.

Start by undoing small ones on back of seats at the bottom to remove them, then theres two on the hinges to remove the bench bit.

The brackets that seats are fitted to are the larger torx bolts.

Thats about it a think, if your removing seat belts aswel then you need to remove the plastics trim to get to the torx bolt to undo that!.

Hope this helps!

Nathan!

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
Undo the brackets at the back of the seat that allows the back part of the seats to come out...two bolts for the bench get that out..then undo the brackets get them out and also undo where the seat clips onto..the metal bracket that it clips onto if yiu habe the seats down..they are quite heavy..also take the seat belts out it's a few screws to get the trim off and then unbolt them too.

With all that out it not only sounds sick inside the car,car hear the pops and bangs more plus under hard acceleration it's sounds mad!!

Lee

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
It's very easy,you do notice a difference..not massive...lose the spare wheel to and you got nearly 50kg less weight!

So the car should be around 1095kg or a tad less.

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
i took more out so it took a little longer but its not a long job...overlag is right..quick and in my eyes i dont take more then one person so worth it lol

·
Registered
353 Posts
really easy mate, just make sure that you keep all of the bolts in the seat when you take them out as fitting is harder than taking out if you have removed all of the fixings to the ca.

·
"Fifi LaRoo"
12,307 Posts
T50 and T55 from the numerous times I've done mine.

End up looking like this (you'll also realise how noisy the fuel pump is too):

1 - 15 of 15 Posts