Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
As above, pros and cons?
renault = new cars are much better than the older ones and they are more powerful for the engine size e.g 2.0 clio sport either 182 or 172 bhp standard whereas fiesta ST 2.0 150 standard.
Ford = not french and much more reliable engines and better interior build quality compared to a 55plate clio and a 55 plate fez st

also id have ford over renault anyday just as a personal preferance

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
clio 200 vs mr200 kitted fiesta.

my view which i think is realistic.

straight line the fez would have an edge,lighter dont have to rev the car quite so hard to get going...

unless the fez had eibachs and other bits then the clio is gona win here pretty easy.to different league of cars.....ones a top end 'hot hatch' the other more a warm hatch.the fez has a very good chassis but suspension wise is not as far ahead as the clio.

nothing you cant sort but out the box the clio is sort due to being in the top end of the n/a hot hatches.

lee

really,lets not turn this thread into a slaggin match....

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Think someone already made that move my friend.

Lets be honest, the people that have actually owned both have a right to comment but it's always going to come back to the Renault being french etc, comments usually thrown in by people who aren't in a position to comment.

Pointless thread

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
well i think i was pretty fair and if im honest i think im right in what i put.....

im not silly,the clio is a good car but for me its not its french it is the inside that lets it down...but as a drivers car its very good.

thats my opinion,every one has one with superchargers who has never owned one etc but its life some like ST's some dont...some like clio's some dont.im not gona slate the car..ive never owned one,but i have a 'view' on it...fair?

now they do charger kits for them,that i would like to own lol...would be a wicked car.

lee

·
Registered
860 Posts
Lee it's all fair well you're opinion? but arn't you comparing it to a mountune upgrade that isn't out yet, and you havn't driven?

i fell in love with a clio 197 cup, when i sold my st, but insurance was too much i thought. the 200 is an even better 197

·
Registered
79 Posts
I can't stand the opinion of 'it's french, enough said...' bla bla bla...

They are good cars, not built for long distance cruising in sublime comfort with superb interiors, but they are a HOT HATCH. Which really should just be the fastest version of the car you can take to the supermarket or work.

I don't understand the MR200 vs Clio 200 debate... one is quick extensively modified, the other completely standard. They shouldn't be compared like that?

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
a 185 kitted fez wont be far off a clio 200 in all fairness so a 200 has to be at least as quick..look at what the power to weight...1137 200bhp.. thats like 170+ per ton.

i would love to have a go in a 197/200.

its the look of the 200,they got it so right...
awesome.

I can't stand the opinion of 'it's french, enough said...' bla bla bla...

They are good cars, not built for long distance cruising in sublime comfort with superb interiors, but they are a HOT HATCH. Which really should just be the fastest version of the car you can take to the supermarket or work.

I don't understand the MR200 vs Clio 200 debate... one is quick extensively modified, the other completely standard. They shouldn't be compared like that?
got a point.but like i said ones at the top end of the n/a hot hatch group and ones in the lower warm hatch group....so........make of ity as you will..

at least we have the bolt on kits to get the most out of ours!

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
All joking aside if I got offered a swap for my ST for a Clio RS I wouldn't say no as they are simply faster as standard and they do look the mutts nutts. My only negative about them would have to be the interior.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
The Renaults do look good, but in SA it's just not an option. Servicing costs are AT LEAST 3x more than on the ST, plus getting hold of parts is a nightmare if something goes wrong. Also accident repair bills are ridiculous. A friend of mine had a light fender bender, the front bumper and grills needed replacing , and converted, it came to over 6000 Pounds. He also had to wait 6 months for a bumper.

A minorl service would set him back about 350 Pounds opposed to the 100 Pounds on the ST. And his was a normal 1.6, not a sport or RS.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Think ill have a good say about this one. Ive had a Fiesta ST and ive got the Renaultsport Clio 197 now. 197 is in a totally different league compared to the Fiesta. It has more gadgets like push start button, cruize control, speed limiter, traction control button. Handling is again in a different league compared to the Fiesta. The interior is on par i'd say but the seats are far more comfortable and hold you in better in the Renault. The interior has come on alot more in the newer model. Dont go by past model interiors and judge this Clio on them! The steering has alot more feel to the road in the Clio. I'll also say (and this is opinion mostly) the Clio is better looking. Flaired arches, the paintwork options are alot more tastier, ohh...and a biggie i'll have to mention...Brembo brakes 4 pots as standard! The Fiesta ST is good im on a Ford OC here so i will give credit where credits due...The Fiesta ST is very good once tuned, but your looking to spend a hell lot more money to get it to the performance and handling level that the Clio is when it comes out of the factory. As for all the comments saying it's French...you dont have a clue! There built in a seperate factory the sport models. You do have to rev the nuts off the Clio to get the power from it and as your waiting to get the revs up the ST would play its part, but once you have them revs up, they stay there all through the rev range and pulls hard in every gear. Theres also a shift life to tell you when to change which i really like

If your thinking of buying of of these 2 cars...it would have to be the Clio all day long! Fiesta ST is far too underpowered for what its capable of achieveing :\ Shame because i really do like the Fiesta's as ive had 3 of them. A full milltek doesn't even make up for the power compared to the Clio, you'll have to add cams atleast!.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Think ill have a good say about this one. Ive had a Fiesta ST and ive got the Renaultsport Clio 197 now. 197 is in a totally different league compared to the Fiesta. It has more gadgets like push start button, cruize control, speed limiter, traction control button. Handling is again in a different league compared to the Fiesta. The interior is on par i'd say but the seats are far more comfortable and hold you in better in the Renault. The interior has come on alot more in the newer model. Dont go by past model interiors and judge this Clio on them! The steering has alot more feel to the road in the Clio. I'll also say (and this is opinion mostly) the Clio is better looking. Flaired arches, the paintwork options are alot more tastier, ohh...and a biggie i'll have to mention...Brembo brakes 4 pots as standard! The Fiesta ST is good im on a Ford OC here so i will give credit where credits due...The Fiesta ST is very good once tuned, but your looking to spend a hell lot more money to get it to the performance and handling level that the Clio is when it comes out of the factory. As for all the comments saying it's French...you dont have a clue! There built in a seperate factory the sport models. You do have to rev the nuts off the Clio to get the power from it and as your waiting to get the revs up the ST would play its part, but once you have them revs up, they stay there all through the rev range and pulls hard in every gear. Theres also a shift life to tell you when to change which i really like

If your thinking of buying of of these 2 cars...it would have to be the Clio all day long! Fiesta ST is far too underpowered for what its capable of achieveing :\ Shame because i really do like the Fiesta's as ive had 3 of them. A full milltek doesn't even make up for the power compared to the Clio, you'll have to add cams atleast!.

Just another thing to add....The Clio is disgusting on fuel compare to the Fiesta! Ragging it in the ST i was getting 24mpg...in the Clio ive seen 14mpg so far!

·
Registered
554 Posts
nuff said
I fail to see how someone could actually take this photo as a serious one, and assume its a slagging off post.

Get a sense of humour people!!!!!!!

I'm getting very tired of the massive lack of a sense of humour on this site, its become dull because people are too scared to have a laugh because a thread might descend into a bitching match because of one jokey post. Shame really.

Ford owner posts a joke "Nuff said" post with a photo. Renault owner takes it seriously, posts a counter photo, which offends a Ford owner. Then the renault owner justifies it by going "But he did it first!". *******... LOL. Cheer up peeps, its a car, if a car is a good car I don't care what badge it's wearing, I care about the machine.

Having said that, comparing a Ford to Renault is fair sinse they are competing manufacturers. I've driven a Clio 200 and frankly it was a huge amount of fun, the only thing that let it down for me is the gearbox isn't as good as I hoped it would be, and the engine lacks a certain "something" which I can't quite put my finger on. However, the handling on that thing is amazing, and I laud it as a masterpiece of engineering.

However there is no car that Ford offer as a competing car yet, until the Fezz ST m7 comes out.

The interior quality of the Clio is quite good, the buttons feel a bit loose and they grind, and the Mk7 non ST Fiestas have a funkier looking interior. So when Ford do release an ST Fiesta, it'll have one of the nicest interiors of the hot hatch supermini segment (behind the Polo, which is looooovely).

1 - 20 of 74 Posts