Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
623 Posts
I’ve heard it’s possible but you’ll need the door module from either a mk8 or a Ford Puma, not sure whether a puma one will work on a 3 door as there will be 4 buttons but only two windows.. I’m sort of looking into this to retrofit powerfold mirrors if it doesn’t work out too expensive, it’s just finding a donor vehicle that has one touch windows in it.

· Registered
23 Posts
is it possible? have anyone done something like that?
I’ve heard it’s possible but you’ll need the door module from either a mk8 or a Ford Puma, not sure whether a puma one will work on a 3 door as there will be 4 buttons but only two windows.. I’m sort of looking into this to retrofit powerfold mirrors if it doesn’t work out too expensive, it’s just finding a donor vehicle that has one touch windows in it.
Huge +1 from me - I'd be really keen to retrofit both. If someone manages to do this please do share your story - I'm sure many on this forum would also like to retrofit these!!

Still can't believe how much cost cutting there has been... I suppose a big upgrade for me coming from a Mk7 but I still expected power-fold mirrors and one-touch windows.

· Registered
623 Posts
It’s trying to track down mirrors that don’t cost a fortune. Everywhere I’ve looked it’s upwards of £150 for one mirror… then I have to find the door module on top of this. I know they’re popular but I only paid £120 for a set of mk7 powerfold mirrors.. it’s a shame they won’t fit/work on the mk8 as I find the mirrors on it way too small, and the mk7’s were the perfect size!

If I find some that aren’t stupidly expensive, I’ll then need to find someone who knows what they’re doing on Forscan to code it all in as well.. 🤦🏻‍♂️

· Registered
ST2 MK 8.5 Frozen White
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

· Registered
2,872 Posts
Huge +1 from me - I'd be really keen to retrofit both. If someone manages to do this please do share your story - I'm sure many on this forum would also like to retrofit these!!

Still can't believe how much cost cutting there has been... I suppose a big upgrade for me coming from a Mk7 but I still expected power-fold mirrors and one-touch windows.
Especially 1 touch windows, I mean come on.

I bet lesser Puma models still have these, surely an ST Fiesta could have got those parts over a bog standard Puma or Focus etc.

· Registered
ST2 MK 8.5 Frozen White
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i spoke with a friend of mine and he told me that maybe the module itself it’s not enough. we need the buttons too, and yes that make sense

but he also told me that the motor of the window must be changed. Now that doesn’t make sense to me

has anyone retrofitted the one touch windows (both driver and passenger side, and both OneTouch open/close) ?

if yes. witch parts need to be replaced and where we can find them?

· Registered
4 Posts
Did you make any progress in upgrading to power fold mirrors as want to upgrade my MK 8.5 ST.

· Registered
4 Posts
Not as of yet, I have all the parts I need, just need to find time (and the weather to play ball) to strip each door down and fit the looms, then I'll need to activate it in Forscan.
I would really appreciate a heads up once you have managed to install folding mirrors. `I am desperate to upgrade mine and love the car apart from the folding functionality. Many thanks David

· Registered
398 Posts
Hi and new to the Forum

I also have all the parts and started modifying today but have an issue with the drivers door controls. I may have ordered the wrong part because the electrical connections are different. Part No 2485592

Any help would be grateful.

Part No24855 

Attachments

· Registered
934 Posts
Power Fold Mirror Install Guide.

I will post a full guide on how to fit and activate Folding mirrors, Heated mirrors and global Open / Close.

All the parts required are listed below 👇

2485592 - 5 DOOR

2491875 - 3 DOOR - SWITCH ASSY, FOR DRIVERS SIDE (POWER REAR WINDOW ONE SHOT UP/DOWN, DUAL POWER HEATED MIRROR WITH PUDDLE LAMPS/FLAT GLASS 3/5DOOR, DRIVER+PASSENGER SIDE)

5DR - £68:63 ex VAT

3DR - £53:31 ex VAT

2490173 - DOOR -SWITCH ASSY FOR PASSENGER SIDE (ONE SHOT UP/DOWN £18:23

2477532 - MIRROR ASSY, LH (DUAL POWER HEATED MIRROR WITH PUDDLE LAMPS/FLAT GLASS DRIVER+PASSENGER SIDE) £85:41 ex VAT

2477533 - MIRROR ASSY, RH (DUAL POWER HEATED MIRROR WITH PUDDLE LAMPS/FLAT GLASS DRIVER+PASSENGER SIDE) £146:81 ex VAT

2087317 - GLASS, RH (LESS BLIND SPOT INFORMATION SYSTEM) £23:97 ex VAT

2087327 - GLASS, LH (LESS BLIND SPOT INFORMATION SYSTEM £17:59 ex VAT

2282845 - CENTRAL DOOR LOCK MODULE, RH (H1BT-14B531-AG) Ebay £30 - £50

2282847 - CENTRAL DOOR LOCK MODULE, LH (H1BT-14B533-AG) Ebay £30 - £50

I also need further detailed information on what needs activating through ForScan.

- Free ForScan software on a PC

- Free 3 month license

- A modified ELM cable for around £15-£25

- Door card removal

Watch this space for further updates.

· Registered
623 Posts
This might be a bust. None of the electrical connectors fit. 😡
If the connectors don’t fit, you will need the door looms too.

I’ve had to buy 2 mirrors, 2 switches, 2 door modules and the full door loom for each side. I got them off Mark’s ST from here that was written off, £260 in total. Some people have bought brand new, I think the mirrors themselves are £200 odd. I don’t think Mark’s car was even a year old before it was written off so I should be good. I just need nice warm weather to take the door cards off to do it all, same as the guy from Facebook.. he’s broken parts of his door card due to it being too cold

1 - 20 of 26 Posts