Fiesta ST Forums banner
3321 - 3340 of 3371 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Totally agree haha its mental most days. This was a whole new level of mental. Had either car hit anyone im pretty certain there would be some serious injuries sustained.

@AMc highly possible
See I am a proper numpty so would of been tempted to close the gap up so much either the merc hit me or near enough lost it having to suddenly break, hopefully the second so I could laugh then tell his mates at the lights that hed lost it and laugh again 😂😂

·
Registered
732 Posts
The thought crossed my mind but knew id come off reasonably ok but the woman in front had no idea it was coming and was driving under the speed limit also

So i anchored on and shifted right. Good test on the new brake lines and fluid though hahahha

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Been really thinking about a dashcam for a while now. So many times it would be useful should the worst happen.

Has anyone experienced a cut in insurance premium with a cam? And does it offset the cost of one?

·
Premium Member
5,592 Posts
I don't get a discount and doubt anyone else will but it saved me when an old lady sideswiped my car, the footage proved she was in the wrong and her insurance paid out without contesting.
As it was on a roundabout it would normally have gone 50/50 so saving me £££ and NCB. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
593 Posts
As above lol no discount but I was hit in the rear while stationary in my RS, woman was right up my arse in heavy traffic and txting on her phone all the way, rear camera had it all on tape, plus they tried saying there was a witness who got involved which front and rear showed that didnt happen, my insurance done her for the accident/fraud and reported her to the police for dangerous driving!
She ended up being banned from driving for 2 years and obviously the claim went my way no fault, ever since then if I drive in a car without a camera I dnt feel as secure lol

·
"Race Red Owner"
6,582 Posts
Some companies will and it will be around 10-15% so if your paying £1000 a year it could say you money* (remember also once you have declared it if you are driving like a :censored: and smash your car into a parked car though they can also demand the footage as they know you have it, It works both ways you can't just give them footage when you know you where in the right and withhold it if your in the wrong..... an extremely quick google (the art seems to be lost nowadays :grin: ) against "which car insurance companies give discount for dash cam") reveals a multitude of hits and this is one of them that mentions a few companies doing discounts, one company even offering 30% off for inexperienced drivers if you have a Nextbase 312GW fitted which can be picked up for only £65.

https://www.driving.co.uk/car-clinic/best-car-insurance-discounts-dash-cam-users/

* This (like car alarms) is only against insurance approved cameras that tend to be slightly more expensive and often also include extra features such as GPS speed and accelerometers that help determine impart direction and force.

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Some companies will and it will be around 10-15% so if your paying £1000 a year it could say you money* (remember also once you have declared it if you are driving like a :censored: and smash your car into a parked car though they can also demand the footage as they know you have it, It works both ways you can't just give them footage when you know you where in the right and withhold it if your in the wrong..... an extremely quick google (the art seems to be lost nowadays :grin: ) against "which car insurance companies give discount for dash cam") reveals a multitude of hits and this is one of them that mentions a few companies doing discounts, one company even offering 30% off for inexperienced drivers if you have a Nextbase 312GW fitted which can be picked up for only £65.

https://www.driving.co.uk/car-clinic/best-car-insurance-discounts-dash-cam-users/

* This (like car alarms) is only against insurance approved cameras that tend to be slightly more expensive and often also include extra features such as GPS speed and accelerometers that help determine impart direction and force.
Correct answer, cheers. Had a hunch they'd demand footage if you declare you have a cam, but discount or not it'll make it's worth for sure in a dodgy accident.

I knew adrian flux provided a discount which was great, but when I moved from a modified Mk7 to a new standard Mk8 they tripled my premium 🤷‍♂ so I had to cancel and start a new policy with... urgh... Admiral. I doubt they'd offer a discount if you walked to work instead.

·
Super Moderator
23,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,329 ·
On Sunday I was heading to West Quay in Southampton, for a bit of retail therapy.

Ended up coming off the M27, onto the M271 which was down to 2 lanes just before joining the A33.

As you can imagine, bit of a traffic jam.

A car comes up alongside with their nearside wing mirror folded in and I say to my partner "Tempting to just pull over a bit and reach out the window and flip it out!" It does my head in seeing people driving around without them out, clearly shows they don't use them and are therefore not attentive drivers.

Long story short, 2 seconds later a biker filters through and stops, taps on the drivers window and points at the mirror...then goes to fold it out.

At that point the driver then proceeded to drive off, turning into the biker slightly and the biker loses balance and ends up binning it.

Driver just drives off as if nothing has happened!

Took a while for the guy to get the bike back up with the help of 2 guys at the front of the queue helping.

I hope he caught up with the driver and got details.

·
Registered
732 Posts
On Sunday I was heading to West Quay in Southampton, for a bit of retail therapy.

Ended up coming off the M27, onto the M271 which was down to 2 lanes just before joining the A33.

As you can imagine, bit of a traffic jam.

A car comes up alongside with their nearside wing mirror folded in and I say to my partner "Tempting to just pull over a bit and reach out the window and flip it out!" It does my head in seeing people driving around without them out, clearly shows they don't use them and are therefore not attentive drivers.

Long story short, 2 seconds later a biker filters through and stops, taps on the drivers window and points at the mirror...then goes to fold it out.

At that point the driver then proceeded to drive off, turning into the biker slightly and the biker loses balance and ends up binning it.

Driver just drives off as if nothing has happened!

Took a while for the guy to get the bike back up with the help of 2 guys at the front of the queue helping.

I hope he caught up with the driver and got details.
hoping someone caught that on dashcam. that's just mental driving

·
Super Moderator
23,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,331 ·
Yep, as you probably assumed, it was an old gent. As he went past me he was clearly in his little blinkered bubble world...just staring straight ahead.

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
I heard from a bloke down the pub he saw on the daily mail you should fold yer mirrors in for better aerdodymanics and that means you pay less tax like them electric testlas

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Wow just had a maniac.

Ok so driving home, this guy comes up behind me. A silver Seat Leon Mk1 of some kind. I notice he's very close behind me, his girlfriend in the passenger seat. Just a normal ****, think nothing of it.

Anyway, turning off a junction theres a blue mk2 Focus ST ahead of me, we both give it some beans a little but very shortly come up to a van. Meanwhile Mr Leon decides that right then, on a blind left bend, is a good idea to overtake and squeeze himself between the focus and I. Note here the amount of soot coming from his exhaust as he almost rear ends the focus.

I flash and honk expressing my grievance and the near miss. At the bottom of this road is a T junction, I'm turning left as Leon is turning right. I say "wtf is wrong with you" toward him, leave junction, he then turns left and follows me (almost all the way home) up my arse and flashing his high beams.

He then pulls over himself (I'm thinking his gf is giving him an earful) luckily just out of sight of when I turn off for my home.

My thoughts? He was heading towards clacton so he's probably a crackhead.

·
Premium Member
1,075 Posts
Can someone please explain why every loser in a Golf R or Audi S3 tries to either race me or undertake me when I am just minding my own business?

Just had 2 lads in a Golf R try to literally run me off the road and then chase me through a town centre.

Seriously I had to stop and wait alongside them until the traffic behind made them move on.

Why does everyone with a VAG 4wd DSG car drive it like a **** through a town centre. Is it a requirement when you buy one.

·
Super Moderator
23,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,338 ·
Just watch some car videos on youtube and you soon realise just how many bells are out there who think the public roads are race tracks and they're from the fast and furious...

·
Premium Member
1,075 Posts
Just watch some car videos on youtube and you soon realise just how many bells are out there who think the public roads are race tracks and they're from the fast and furious...
It seems to be a VAG thing as a 4wd DSG car is cheap and can be mapped easily. The drivers have no skill at all and drive very aggressively whatever the weather wherever they want.

Not sure if its a small ***** thing and there compensating or they feel that trying to race a Fiesta ST makes them big men.

3321 - 3340 of 3371 Posts