Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to give this a bash as I figured I couldn't do a fat lot of damage trying as long as im careful lol

Anybody got a step by step guide?

Also what sizes of sheets do i need to order to get this done and have enough spare just in case?

Its for both the spoiler and roof I;m looking to do

Chris.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Going to give this a bash as I figured I couldn't do a fat lot of damage trying as long as im careful lol

Anybody got a step by step guide?

Also what sizes of sheets do i need to order to get this done and have enough spare just in case?

Its for both the spoiler and roof I;m looking to do

Chris.
the size of the sheet depends if you are wanting to wrap the whole spoiler i.e. the underneath aswell as the top and that if you are wrapping the top only you will need to
get a piece that exeeds the size of the spoier so you can tack it down underneath, the whole wrapping process is made 100 times easier with a proper heat gun instead of a hairdryer and when laying the vinyl down make sure that the surface is really clean and that the sheet is straight so that the pattern is straight

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
DO not over heat the vinyl or it will bubble and become useless - you should feel it start to give when heating up - so it can stretch at that point stop heating.

top tip - use cloth gloves (it can get hot) and keep them well lubed with spay of water mixed with 1 or 2 drops of fairy..

the roof will be loads easier then the spolier and if you want to do a proper job I advise removing the spoiler first.

Oh and Spray the surface first with water combo - so if you do make a mistake it is easy to come up again. I learnt the hard way..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts