Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, Im a newbie to this forum. I picked up my ST3 today and noticed something regarding the LED headlights.
I had these on my 68 plate ST Line X also and they were self levelling. They would adjust themselves on start up and even while driving.
However on my 20 Plate ST3 these LED lights seem to be non self levelling. I can see there is the dial 1-4 which allows me to manually adjust them on my light control unit. Confused as to why an older ST Line X had self levelling LEDs and the newer ST3 hasnt? Anyone know any reason for ford to remove the self levelling off the LED headlights? Curious as to who else got a recent build that has self levelling or non self levelling.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you spec the full led headlights or do you just have the standard dipped beam only? Just a guess I may be wrong :). If you specced the full ones then not sure...
No i believe I have the full led headlights as my auto high beam came on yesterday on my way home and they were definitely led too. Also have the sequential indicators. I had a look on Autotrader and found an unregistered ST3 to have manual headlight levelling on the LEDs too. So I'm assuming Ford have stopped it for some sort of reason on all the 2020 builds

·
Registered
83 Posts
No i believe I have the full led headlights as my auto high beam came on yesterday on my way home and they were definitely led too. Also have the sequential indicators. I had a look on Autotrader and found an unregistered ST3 to have manual headlight levelling on the LEDs too. So I'm assuming Ford have stopped it for some sort of reason on all the 2020 builds
That's interesting then mate, I did think they should auto level if LED. I guess Ford know better than me though haha

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
Can you put a picture of your headlight up?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Seems to be pretty hard to find info on this, but I think you don't need self leveling or washers if the light output is below a certain level. Can only assume then that the fiestas LED lights are below that limit.

·
Registered
Tesla Model 3 Performance MY2021
3,130 Posts
Seems to be pretty hard to find info on this, but I think you don't need self leveling or washers if the light output is below a certain level. Can only assume then that the fiestas LED lights are below that limit.
You don't need the washers if the lumen output is low enough but I was under the impression that the self leveling was legally needed. And would they have made the newer lights lower output than older ones that do have the self leveling.

·
Registered
14 Posts
A family member of mine has the latest KIA Sportage with full LED headlights. They are not auto levelling and are adjusted the old style way.

Maybe ford have done this to cut costs or simplify the production process.... It does seem odd though.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.