Fiesta ST Forums banner

Sep 2020 Car Changes & Mountune Compatibility

2K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  MarkP80 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

I was browsing the Mountune website and I noticed on the GPF-back exhaust description, it now says incompatible with cars built Sept 2020 onwards due to changes arising from EU6.2 emissions regulations.

Last week I bought the m230 map/induction kit, and using the dongle sent my car details to Mountune, expecting the maps to be returned as is the normal process. Instead, I received an email stating that due to these changes, their current map is unsuitable. They are working to develop a revised calibration for this model , which will be released in due course, but according to Mountune, it's "not a 5 minute fix".

The hardware changes include a revised GPF and a new, second cat, so obviously quite a change.

Mountune to their credit offered me an immediate refund, or said I can wait for the new calibration, but I don't yet know when that might be released.

So, an interesting change to the car - I wonder if it still produces the same power as the pre-update car. Credit to Mountune for recognising these changes too. I wonder if all the other tuners are working on updates?

Cheers,

MarkP

See less See more
#13 ·
@kenthammer I'm under the impression the Samco ones are not made to the same spec as the Mountune ones in that they do not include the optional wire reinforcement. If you have ordered one you might be able to confirm though.....
No idea Micky, I've got a MT one I've had since they first launched them, that said I've used Samco hoses on bikes for years and never had an issue, don't believe they sell anything that does not perform well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.