Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I recently bought an st 180 and have a mountune exhaust but don't know what type of exhaust this is and whether it is a standard .it as etched on the tail pipes mountune performance but don't know if its a cat back is there any way of telling this it's all new to me
Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tire Automotive exhaust Grille

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
If it’s the full cat back it will be the same diameter pipe from the cat to the rear silencer and have no other boxes on it.

The Mountune logo is usually laser etched on the tailpipes, the pictured logo was on earlier models, possibly a mk7 zetec s back box modified to fit.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't see any other boxes except the silencer at the rear the tail pipes are 3 inches in diameter difficult to see underneath as it has lowered suspension coil overs .and don't know how to tell
Thank you for your reply

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
They look like ST tailpipes to me!

Id suggest it’s a cat back system because the majority are, very few, if any Mountune rear boxes on standard systems. If you look under the car I front of the drivers side rear wheel the exhaust runs close by, if it’s a 2.75 inch bore it’s upgraded.

it may have a sports cat (or decat) fitted, but you’d need to check under the car for that. A standard cat has narrower bore pipe work.

I think Miltek made Mountune exhausts, but I may stand corrected on that.

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
They look like ST tailpipes to me!

Id suggest it’s a cat back system because the majority are, very few, if any Mountune rear boxes on standard systems. If you look under the car I front of the drivers side rear wheel the exhaust runs close by, if it’s a 2.75 inch bore it’s upgraded.

it may have a sports cat (or decat) fitted, but you’d need to check under the car for that. A standard cat has narrower bore pipe work.

I think Miltek made Mountune exhausts, but I may stand corrected on that.
OE ST tailpipes are are just tack welded on to the pipes that curve out of the rear box, in the picture you can see they taper down to the pipes.

mountune did use miltek for their exhausts but, not since the mk6 fiesta and mk2 focus.

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
They don't look like Mountune MK7 ST tailpipes to me, these have a rounded edge and are tapered to the back box.

Also the Mountune cat back is 2.5in

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They do have mountune etched on the tail pipes took pick of back box but difficult to do
They don't look like Mountune MK7 ST tailpipes to me, these have a rounded edge and are tapered to the back box.

Also the Mountune cat back is 2.5in
It does have mountune tail pipes as pet pic I have taken pic of back box best I can

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
They do have mountune etched on the tail pipes took pick of back box but difficult to do

It does have mountune tail pipes as pet pic I have taken pic of back box best I can
Yours might be "Mountune" but as I wrote before those are not Mountune tailpipes for the MK7 ST, here are what they look like for the MK7 ST:

Window Cylinder Electronic device Auto part Jewellery

1 - 13 of 13 Posts