Fiesta ST Forums banner

1 - 20 of 567 Posts

·
"Fifi LaRoo"
12,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Be it a cracking 50:50 shot, some deep wet look glossy paint or mad crazy popping flake bust out that inner bufty, get out your polishers and show off your shine

Let the people know what you used, how you did it etc as well

It doesnt have to be an ST either but it would be preferred as our members would no doubt like to know how they can get their STs looking amazing

0000 grade wire wool and a blob of Autosol and the exhaust comes up a treat

Iirc I used some polish, my Porter Cable machine, Black Wow and some Poorboys Natty Paste Red wax for this reflection shot in the door

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Expecting Clare's clean up of the big bore, that is a shine and a half!
Just for Dave...

Started life like this:

And ended up like this:

Lots and lots and lots of wire wool and Autosol to get rid of most of it. Then finished off with the Brightmax twins for the final shine. Think it took almost week to get it looking like that!

A couple of weeks ago I spent the weekend doing the whole car - interior, engine bay, and the bodywork... Cut back with 3M polish, then refined with Menzerna, both with the DA machine. Then a couple of coats of Dodo Juice Purple Haze Pro. Need to get some better final pictures, but here's one I have got. Can't believe how gorgeous she looks; this pic does not do it any justice.

·
Super Moderator
23,524 Posts

• Rinse
  • Turtle Wax Shampoo
  • Rinse
  • Dry with microfibre towel
  • Turtle Wax Claybar kit (only done bonnet so far, as I have never used it before) (washed again after claying)
  • Autoglym Super Resin Polish
  • Turtle Wax Wax
  • Autoglym window (glass) cleaner followed by Rainex
  • Autoglym Back to Black on black plastics
  • Autoglym rubber care on window rubbers etc
  • T-Cut metal polish on exhaust tip
  • Some cheapo tyre blackner as store had ran out of the normal good stuff!
  • Lot of elbow grease!

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Can't upload picture off the iPad. Look left at my profile picture haha!
Thats after a DA machine polish, polish, glaze and wax. Etc etc.

·
Registered
404 Posts
WeSTy did you use the aqua wax before the polish?
Yer, Washed first then used the Aqua wash then polish
[/quote]

Alright cheers. I've only just got into polishing/waxing and all that shiz. Those pictures above are just Autoglym Shampoo & Conditioner and Autoglym Super Polish Resin. Will have to invest in the Aqua Wax.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Quick pic with my phone of my car today after i used the full meguiars 3 step wash stuff and auto glym tar remover.

1 - 20 of 567 Posts