Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
do we still need faraday pouches with the sleep keys?
No, they will not emit the required signal once they 'sleep'.

However. Using a pouch/box does in and of itself maintain a level of key discipline. You'll always know where they are and, if you leave them by the front door, it removes the risk of thieves using the 'poking an extended wire coat hangar through the letter box to wake the keys up' M.O.

...and yes, it does happen.

·
Registered
Tesla Model 3 Performance MY2021
3,130 Posts
I don't want to sound like a complete ******* but I would be going crazy with all that pouch, lock, obd relocate stuff o_O. Here is me complaining if my car doesn't recognise my phone and I have to open it with a key card. I have ever used one lock in any of my cars and that's a steering lock when my old Beetle or Datsun are not in use. And yes, I know that UK vs Finland there is a big difference. But sounds like you have had to go full on late 80s or early 90s to be able to keep your car safe. I just have to hope things don't get as bad in here. There have been only a few Mercedes stolen with those signal repeaters.

·
Registered
272 Posts
do we still need faraday pouches with the sleep keys?
Sleeping key or not, I am still going to use a faraday cage, I believe there is a few seconds after locking the car and the key being stationary before the sleeping facility activates.,..,Enough time for those criminal idiots to scan your key as you walk away over the car park. If the key is put in a fd cage immediately then this will reduce this risk...🧐

·
Registered
Tesla Model 3 Performance MY2021
3,130 Posts
Sleeping key or not, I am still going to use a faraday cage, I believe there is a few seconds after locking the car and the key being stationary before the sleeping facility activates.,..,Enough time for those criminal idiots to scan your key as you walk away over the car park. If the key is put in a fd cage immediately then this will reduce this risk...🧐
Plus, many people like me walk, with the keys in my pocket or on the key chain. No problems about forgetting them so the key always move.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
This is my go to Faraday pouch, only one I have found remains functional, anything else I have tried has failed after a few weeks.👍🏻
That's mine too, but only for the spare which only comes out for services and on holidays.

The rest of the time the ST key and the Focus key live in this...

Rectangle Pet supply Gas Font Wood

For daily household use where you're in and out regularly, it beats velcro and folding the keys up so they fit in the pouch 👍

1 - 16 of 16 Posts