Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone watch this?

Very depressing episode, especially the finale.

Anyone reckon the show is on its way out after this episode?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Very sad episode, hope its not the last one!

The fact Kyle and Cartman at the end obv become the new 'Stan and Kyle friendship' maybe thats proof it over :(

·
Registered
5,281 Posts
apparently trey and matt are contracted until 2012 and we're only half way through the usual 12 episodes so I hope it isnt the last episode, though it's almost certainly the final series. about time really, it's very hit and miss these days, time to bow out before it becomes too stale

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
In an interview this week on the Jon Stewart show they more or less debunked the idea that it was the very end.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Haven't seen that episode yet, but I think it's still good. I like that the episodes are slightly topical now which helps keep it going.

However, I only got back into it in the past couple of seasons so have missed quite a lot of episodes, imagine it is getting a bit old now for those who have seen them all.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What was odd about this episode is the usual South Park mantra (mainly through Stan's character) is that people care too much about things so it lampoons that. Such as religion, politics, fandom (like Beiberfags) etc=.

However it totally u-turns this episode shows how Stan's lack of passion for anything, how he makes people aware how much they care about things and they shouldn't shows its actually been bad for him in the long run. And how that Randy who keeps getting random fetishes and passions and how he lets them dominate him is actually a bad thing for him. However, Kyle and Cartman both balance how they care little about certain things and a lot about others show's they are balanced people, and that because neither Stan or Randy had that balance its
up for them.

Many little metaphors in this episode. I wonder how the next one will change it. You reckon they will keep an actual storyline now?

I'd love it (if these 6 episodes are the actual final ones) if it shows how they have moved on with their lives since the whole theme of this episode was how people change and move on, perhaps it was a subtle hint that the South Park fans are going to need to start moving on to something new as well. Or we would see a u-turn and everything is back to normal as if the episode never happened.

Interesting stuff.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts