Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alrite everyone just thought id make a topic about speakers headunits etc.

firstly what would people recommend? I.E keep it all standard ( which i doubt) all standard with an amp powering the standard speakers. Standard speakers with an aftermarket head unit, if so what headunit and pictures when fitted. Standard headunit with uprated speakers, again what kind, how easy to install, pictures. Standard headunit with uprated speakers..... This is gettin boring now you get the idea whats do you think is best (with pictures) no arguements or saying mines is better then yours bla bla bla 1 love up in here haha oh and if you dont understand what im trying to achieve then you shouldnt be allowed to drive

cheers in advance ;)

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
If you're going to change one component, you ought to change them all. A properly amplified set of 6.5" components with signal provided by a good head unit is the way forward. Anything less isn't really worth the hassle..

Best bet would be to decide on your budget for everything, then spend it all on the HU alone. Get the best you can as the final product can only be as good as the source. Once this is in, start saving for comps and a suitable amp.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you're going to change one component, you ought to change them all. A properly amplified set of 6.5" components with signal provided by a good head unit is the way forward. Anything less isn't really worth the hassle..

Best bet would be to decide on your budget for everything, then spend it all on the HU alone. Get the best you can as the final product can only be as good as the source. Once this is in, start saving for comps and a suitable amp.
i'll take your advise mate. is there ot much point in gettin a sub if the speakers get upgraded?

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Solidly mounted mids can go surprisingly low, but sub bass can't really be replaced by mid bass.

At the end of the day, it's all down to personal preference.. I'd go with the best possible comps up front and see if you're happy with the sound before deciding if you need a sub or not.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Decent headunit, good comps up front and make sure they are amped. a sub is designed for slowing down a 1.2 corsa listen to children of the night happy hardcore remix

1 - 5 of 5 Posts