Fiesta ST Forums banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,716 Posts
Well... to be honest it is a C-max. I have a MK7.5 ST-line parked a few cars away from my parking spot and it really does look better and more agressive than my MK8, the rear looks better (the lights are really dull on MK8 etc. Only thing MK8 has way better than MK7.5 is the front lights (leds, not the standard). But I bit the bullet and ordered one as I wanted it for how it drove and as it was a lot closer to MK3.5 Focus ST that I had at the time spec wise and comfort wise.
Totally disagree. I never gave a Fiesta a second look (since my mk2 and 3) until I saw the mk8. The rear lights on the mk7 are so old fashioned and the dash is from 15 years ago. Mk8 looks and is modern.

·
Registered
MK8 Fiesta ST 2018 M235
3,025 Posts
Totally disagree. I never gave a Fiesta a second look (since my mk2 and 3) until I saw the mk8. The rear lights on the mk7 are so old fashioned and the dash is from 15 years ago. Mk8 looks and is modern.
Yeah, interiorwise MK8 wins hands down. And the last year rear lights on MK7.5 were a really nice upgrade. But each of us have our own tastes :p

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
Yeah, interiorwise MK8 wins hands down. And the last year rear lights on MK7.5 were a really nice upgrade. But each of us have our own tastes :p
I have to agree with Ken, I liked the MK7 when it came out but never enough to buy it.
But the MK8 was always on my shopping list much prefer the overall look and personally prefer the back, my wife has a C-Max so maybe some sort of unconscious bias.
Also think the MK8 has a lower sleeker profile than the MK7 or certainly and optical illusion of that.

But as you say each to their own otherwise we'd all look the same, drive the same type car and that would be a dull world.

·
Registered
MK8 Fiesta ST 2018 M235
3,025 Posts
I have to agree with Ken, I liked the MK7 when it came out but never enough to buy it.
But the MK8 was always on my shopping list much prefer the overall look and personally prefer the back, my wife has a C-Max so maybe some sort of unconscious bias.
Also think the MK8 has a lower sleeker profile than the MK7 or certainly and optical illusion of that.

But as you say each to their own otherwise we'd all look the same, drive the same type car and that would be a dull world.
One thing that might make a difference is the fact that all but one ST that I have owned were/are 5doors. It really makes a difference in the side profile.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Thanks man, I guess you work for Ford so could you clarify if I would need a whole new housing, or could I swap out the existing puddle LED for the ‘ST’ LED? Cheers!
I do indeed,
I would imagine its a like for like swap but I have not had a look at the Edition mirror housing so couldn't say for sure I'm afraid, sorry!:confused:

·
Registered
Fiesta MK8 ST3 MY2021
127 Posts
As it seems u can order them seperately, according to pic, or buy the complete unit (housing + ....)

So who wants to take the plunge?

21 - 33 of 33 Posts