Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just noticed a stone chip on the front of the bonnet. it has chipped the paint right off :rant: so does anyone know of a touch up/chip repair paint that i can do myself? as i really don't want to take it to ford as it would cost a stupid amount. The chip isn't very big but it is bugging me. My car is spirit blue. Grateful for any help

·
Registered
509 Posts
Buy a touch up kit from your local dealer or Ebay,about a tenner.Comes as a two part kit,paint and lacquer.I find the best way to repair small chips is mix a little of each (paint/lacquer )get a ****tail stick and get a tiny bit of paint on the end and touch up your chip.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
312 Posts
Bumping this old thread because it still ranks highly on Google.

Ford's changed paint suppliers, so all of the touch up kit part numbers changed. For example, the old Spirit Blue two-part touch-up kit which was previously 1771683 was withdrawn and replaced with the same item with new part number 2245714.

However - unfortunately, at least as of November 2021, Ford's new paint supplier also doesn't supply touch-up kits, AT ALL. Oops. Therefore Ford in the UK (and perhaps Europe-wide?) has withdrawn all the touch-up kits from sale. Quickco told me it's showing as prohibited from sale on their systems and they have no stock. Several dealers I spoke to all reported they also can't order any in.

So, it's pot luck with whatever stock is left in cupboards around the country, or you'll need a paint shop to mix you some to order.

My local dealer's parts department advised me that the Spirit Blue mix code is "BCYEWWA". No idea for other colours, ask your dealer. ;-)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Correct,also here in Germany,there are no touch up kit available from Ford,new. Ask your local body shop/paint shop if you like to have some paint.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Halfords still have Frozen White and Panther Black, among others in case it helps anyone else (no Spirit Blue)

Or - found these guys, guarantee 100% match in touch up kit or spray - BUT cannot see the proper colours when selecting by make/model so contact them first to make sure you get the right colour, as they quote "Performance Blue" for the Fiesta MK7 years which is the Focus ST version, not sure how close that is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts