Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone got a full milltek with sports cat and a custom map having not many pops and bang on the overrun?

ive got a custom jamsport map and my car just wont pop on the over run

im planning on s/c soon but was just wondring why its not poping?

should i heatwrap my sports cat? or get a de-cat?

anyone else got this problem?

i did ask for lots of pop when jamie maped it.

cheers

Aaron

·
"Fifi LaRoo"
12,307 Posts
Whilst I dont have the exact same set up as you, my car does have a full exhaust, sports cat, induction kit and a generic Bluefin Stage 2 remap and my car pops and bangs like a good un. I will say though it stopped doing it quite so much straight after the map was uploaded whilst (so I'm lead to believe) the ECU relearnt & then it started again.

Oh and I run the car on boggo 95 Ron, whichever is cheapest

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i run it on 99 tesco or shell v power... i dont know why it dosnt pop :(

map has been on since november...

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
in feb time i got an error msg come up on the dash when i was about to turn the engine on. made a bleep sound i turned the ignition off and back on and it was fine could that be it?

but it never poped b4 then so i didnt think much off it..

just dont know why :( most of the mp185 dound soooo sexy! wish i got mountune'd now

hope the charger helps

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
Mmmm not sure then - mine pop`s etc got AmD remap run it on same fuel as well .
but then it popped before the map .

Have you spoke to jamsport about it ?

·
Registered
649 Posts
i have the full milltek system,i had a de cat but i changed too a hi flow sports cat.my car went very quit at first now it pops like mad.i use dreamscience race plus.i had a chat with carl he told me they advance the ignition timeing too give me the exstra power,ask jamsport too change the ignition timeing also to increase the fueling levels only a little thou,i hope this helps.let me now how you get on.mark

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Havnt spoke to them about it yet, will try get in touch
With ben he seems to respond alot on here and
Facebook.just don't wanna spend more money on it
When I'm having it charged soon..

·
Registered
649 Posts
hi mate when you have sc kit fitted your car will pop & bang like mad,they sound great,im keeping my car n/a at the moment,enjoy it mate mark.

·
Registered
777 Posts
mine pops quite a bit on standard cat and map just flexi and cat back more so than some ive heard with a full system. Could be down to the map and the fueling, guess whislt not a lot of pops and bangs doenst sound great its propbably helping your fuel consumpation

1 - 10 of 10 Posts