Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So for a few weeks now I've had a squeaking come from what seems like the drivers side wheel but could also be coming from the engine bay,

I've been trying to figure out what it was or how to recreate it but could not for the life of me trigger the noise on command as i thought it was related to the brakes but is not triggered by this.

However i have realised this noise comes when i am pulling along slowly in gear 1, I've read online about a few issues but none seem to be exactly what is have. The noise sound like something is catching or rubbing briefly when i am lifting up the clutch.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions on what this could be?

any help is much appreciated :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have a squeaking noise like this which is worse when cold, can hear it when pulling away slowly in 1st and reverse and when going over speed bumps, Im assuming this is the top engine mount too as I upgraded my rear one 10k miles ago

·
Registered
531 Posts
so mine is getting worse - its over bumps, biting point and engaging clutch during gear change - really noticeable with all the windows closed, no radio or fans on. sounds like something is loose (almost mouse like squeaking)

it drives fine but this noise is worrying me now - any suggestions/advice would be really helpful.

·
Registered
164 Posts
so mine is getting worse - its over bumps, biting point and engaging clutch during gear change - really noticeable with all the windows closed, no radio or fans on. sounds like something is loose (almost mouse like squeaking)
it drives fine but this noise is worrying me now - any suggestions/advice would be really helpful.
It is more then likely the top engine mount, mine was doing this really bad, especially when cold, I ordered the powerflex insert and fitted it in under an hour, problem is now solved, a cheap and easy fix

·
Registered
531 Posts
It is more then likely the top engine mount, mine was doing this really bad, especially when cold, I ordered the powerflex insert and fitted it in under an hour, problem is now solved, a cheap and easy fix
aww thanks Sam - I am really bad when it comes to car maintenance and would probably need someone to do it for me. Where do you get the powerflex insert from?

Really appreciate your time and help :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
aww thanks Sam - I am really bad when it comes to car maintenance and would probably need someone to do it for me. Where do you get the powerflex insert from?
Really appreciate your time and help :)
Just from ebay, around £25 and is easy to fit if you have a basic socket set

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
thank you so much :)

thank you :)
Just wanted to add that some of us have had issues with the powerflex insert slipping, maybe due to the mount having too much movement (needs replacing). Its a good cheap and easy place to start, but you may find it doesn't fix it for long. I think I read that Ford charge around £150 for that, i think this would have been an easier option for me in the long run but then I have learn't a lot trying to fix myself. There are a few good videos to change the mount yourself but you will need some tools to do it right.

Let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Just wanted to add that some of us have had issues with the powerflex insert slipping, maybe due to the mount having too much movement (needs replacing). Its a good cheap and easy place to start, but you may find it doesn't fix it for long. I think I read that Ford charge around £150 for that, i think this would have been an easier option for me in the long run but then I have learn't a lot trying to fix myself. There are a few good videos to change the mount yourself but you will need some tools to do it right.

The rubber ring they supply the hold the mount in place isnt up to the job, but if you put a cable tie around it it sorts this problem

·
Registered
531 Posts

Thank you so much for this info - really helpful. Such an annoying noise lol

The rubber ring they supply the hold the mount in place isnt up to the job, but if you put a cable tie around it it sorts this problem
Ok thanks again :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
So for a few weeks now I've had a squeaking come from what seems like the drivers side wheel but could also be coming from the engine bay,

I've been trying to figure out what it was or how to recreate it but could not for the life of me trigger the noise on command as i thought it was related to the brakes but is not triggered by this.

However i have realised this noise comes when i am pulling along slowly in gear 1, I've read online about a few issues but none seem to be exactly what is have. The noise sound like something is catching or rubbing briefly when i am lifting up the clutch.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions on what this could be?

any help is much appreciated :)
I'm getting this squeaking on the EcoBoost engine in my festa, as the cam belt runs through the sump and is bathed in oil I doubt its the belt. However all the ancillaries are driven from this belt and in previous experience I wouldn't be surprised if the water pump pulley bearing is starting to wear hence the squeaking sound . Sometimes you notice it when you accelerate. 78000mls, could be about time to change it . I've never herd of an engine mount squeaking as someone mentioned

1 - 18 of 18 Posts