Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any Ford dealer on here have any allocation left to sell? I know that some cars are still yet to be built so would be looking to order one if possible.

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
I have been told all are allocated by more than one dealer, however some dealers are showing stock for the Edition but these are ordered cars due for September October delivery. According to one dealer (this could be a load of pap) 100 are yet to be built for delivery as they were being staggered over 12 months.

Trust Ford was showing 2 last i knew but when i inquired the refused any discounts apart from ford deposit contribution of 1000.

I managed to bag a dealer ordered car in may due for Autumn delivery and took a fair bit of searching and emails phone calls to find one and get a decent price.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Not 100% sure or anything but these stock cars are all on order at the dealerships and not sat on the forecourts. Pretty much as Twiddle already mentioned.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Not 100% sure or anything but these stock cars are all on order at the dealerships and not sat on the forecourts. Pretty much as Twiddle already mentioned.
Hi @Maler thanks for the correction, I misinterpreted the information, I have, however, contacted the Dealership to see if the vehicle is available...😊

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hi @RS/ST are you still looking for the vehicle. My dealer is just making some further enquiries as he thinks the vehicle he has IS available...Cheers👍🏻
Hi @RS/ST, further update that the vehicle they had unfortunately has now been sold, worth a try. Let us know how you get on, all the best👍🏻

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi @RS/ST, further update that the vehicle they had unfortunately has now been sold, worth a try. Let us know how you get on, all the best👍🏻
Yes still looking to buy/order. I think some of these dealer ordered cars might show up as stock at some point over the next few months so I’m happy to wait and see.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Yes still looking to buy/order. I think some of these dealer ordered cars might show up as stock at some point over the next few months so I’m happy to wait and see.
Fingers crossed, there may be availability via cancelled orders as people become impatient waiting for their new car with money to burn in their pockets, forcing them to purchase a used vehicle. 👍🏻

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi,

Yeah as mentioned it is worth just looking out for them and getting dealerships to contact you.. I wasn't specifically looking for a new car but I knew 2nd hand value has increased massively so I was open to a new car. When I spoke to John Grose Ipswich they said they had an ST Edition which just arrived at the docks, so @edenr1 that could possibly be my car I am picking up next week :D

So it is definitely worth keeping an eye on dealerships however they are now focusing on the Focus ST Edition which will be coming in the next few months.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hi,

Yeah as mentioned it is worth just looking out for them and getting dealerships to contact you.. I wasn't specifically looking for a new car but I knew 2nd hand value has increased massively so I was open to a new car. When I spoke to John Grose Ipswich they said they had an ST Edition which just arrived at the docks, so @edenr1 that could possibly be my car I am picking up next week :D

So it is definitely worth keeping an eye on dealerships however they are now focusing on the Focus ST Edition which will be coming in the next few months.
Hi @AzuraST, exciting news for you. Let us know how new car pick up day progresses, I am still impatiently waiting👍🏻

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi @RS/ST, not sure if you saw this in a recent thread... (Used FORD FIESTA ST EDITION Manual Blue 2020 for sale | PistonHeads UK )

The price is inflated and the car is used but only a 1000k on the clock, I guess available almost immediately...👍🏻
Yes I have seen that but that car and it’s not that far from me but it would work out a lot more expensive. I was quoted £369 a month with £500 deposit on a new one a few months ago so I will wait and see of what becomes available.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Was just looking at the Ford site and saw the Focus ST Edition, was tempted until I saw the price - £35k! Can get a top range BMW or Audi for that price, crazy

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Same can be said about any brand these days - the Focus is not a no options model like the Fez ST E, performance pack is an extra for example.

The BMW 128t which is probably the closest competitor is £33k, speccing the same options as the Ford takes it only a couple of hundred over which could easily be haggled off. All car prices have got crazy these days

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
I'd rather have the 10k extra and the ST Edition over either of those.

Never been a fan of BMW driven several variations over the years and just odd driving position, I don't know if it's because I am tall, or what.

Reliability doesn't seem to be what the "It's German build quality" slogan used to be. Audi or VW is no better either. A few less squeaky and rattly bits maybe. The BMW garage next to a mates workplace and he's mates with the workshop guys who say they have a constant flow of broken cars Inc M series stuff being delivered on enclosed trailers behind closed doors as not to ruin the reputation.

Not much of a fan of the newest focus ST at that price either. It's not that long ago people were saying that the RS was over priced at 30k compared to previous versions.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
The drug addict nose on the latest BMWs puts me off - the last few generations have been acquired taste to be sure, but its gone too far for me now. Audis are great, but so...bland to drive IMO. Was more a comment on how bloated the Ford price has got that the gap to "expensive" German makes is non existent now. I am more than happy with my STE over my previous BMW - sure its slower, has less space and I miss the engine note of the 3 litre - but I have more money in my pocket, and a considerably bigger grin on my face when I drive it as I can actually use far more of its performance on the road than I ever could the BMW. I like the look of the Focus ST, but that price is obscene.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Same can be said about any brand these days - the Focus is not a no options model like the Fez ST E, performance pack is an extra for example.

The BMW 128t which is probably the closest competitor is £33k, speccing the same options as the Ford takes it only a couple of hundred over which could easily be haggled off. All car prices have got crazy these days
You are absolutely right @Jimble, you would get a very reasonably specced BMW128t for £35k👍🏻

1 - 20 of 25 Posts