Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just found out the motor has been delayed another 2 months due to another semiconductor shortage at the Germany plant. Nightmare back to a December delivery (for a January 2021 order 馃槀). Vehicle status on the system been sat at resegmentation for a while.

I read somewhere they are expecting deliveries of the facelift to start in January 2022 - I find this impossible if they are still struggling to fulfil so many orders of the current model.

Registered
It doesn't bode well for my August order at all. Like you say, sommat gotta give if the new ones are coming. Wonder if they're going to move towards using different semiconductors/door modules on the facelift. Perhaps the ones from the Focus or Puma. Might make sense if thats the only thing holding back production.

Premium Member
That doesn't seem right. People have definitely had later ordered cars delivered?

Mine was ordered end of April, initial guess was September October. Now guessing it's nothing like that.

Premium Member
Grim news, was initially hopefully of getting mine before the end of October for a few days away with the wife for her birthday.

Looks more like Christmas now 馃槵

Premium Member
I spoke with my dealer today and my car now has a chassis number 馃槵

So it's in build to some degree, he requested some further information but he had a standard reply of check in with the dealer log on for that info, which is what he'd already done.
So to sum we still don't know.
Best case is it's ready awaiting inspection then delivery or it could be built awaiting chips for things (one being folding mirrors being big wait 馃し馃徎鈥嶁檪锔) worst case it's a bare shell at the beginning of the production line not moving for a month.

All in all I should be driving it by Christmas, hopefully that is this Christmas.

Registered
With all these delays will they end up building the facelift and current model down the same assembly line? If there are so many orders outstanding for the current model as I imagine the new model should be built from October onwards as is that not when the new model year normally starts.

Registered
Yeah, start of September was pretty much the cut-off.. I think there was only one member on here that managed to order one first week in September and at the time they could only offer the 3-door. I wonder why it's taking them so long to change over the main Ford website though. Not to mention Carwow. I wanna get a proper price in for the facelift from Carwow and see what's what.

Registered
Fiesta MK8 ST3 MY2021
Yeah, start of September was pretty much the cut-off.. I think there was only one member on here that managed to order one first week in September and at the time they could only offer the 3-door. I wonder why it's taking them so long to change over the main Ford website though. Not to mention Carwow. I wanna get a proper price in for the facelift from Carwow and see what's what.
So what with the old orders for the MK8, still gonna build them or they gonna convert those to the facelift?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts