Fiesta ST Forums banner
21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
MK8 ST Edition
481 Posts
Unless Ford do something very unusual, they won't be building a mix down the line. The MK8 will finish and then the MK8.5 will begin on the given 'job 1' date. That date is probably rather changeable at the moment with all these fun supply issues though.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I'm really not convinced that some of us aren't going to be offered the facelift as we didn't get orders in before an as yet unknown date. One dealer I've spoken to believes that they'll be using this current production downtime to alter all the tooling over for the facelift. He may be wrong, but that would kind of tie in with the mid-november date someone else has been told on here for them to start building the new one. Dunno much about the plant, so either they already have all our cars up to a certain point all just waiting in storage for the right parts to finish off, or they have more than one production line so will do a 50/50 split for a time, or something has got to give and we'll be getting a phone call at some point. I really hope it's not the latter, as like has been said - I don't see it as an upgrade personally. If they were going to back out the orders I think I might want the Puma instead.

·
Premium Member
2,082 Posts
Dealers often don't really know what is going on.

I'll take a facelift for the same price as long as they match the spec I have ordered.

Also, different models can be built on the same assembly line. I think that is the case at MINI in Oxford. So, starting facelift production along with existing orders is a possibility.

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
I spoke with my dealer today and my car now has a chassis number 😬

So it's in build to some degree, he requested some further information but he had a standard reply of check in with the dealer log on for that info, which is what he'd already done.
So to sum we still don't know.
Best case is it's ready awaiting inspection then delivery or it could be built awaiting chips for things (one being folding mirrors being big wait 🤷🏻‍♂️) worst case it's a bare shell at the beginning of the production line not moving for a month.

All in all I should be driving it by Christmas, hopefully that is this Christmas.

Turns out, as always, it's worst case.
Shell is built but awaiting paint, which is still going ahead and from what info my dealer could squeeze out the production team is it won't sit for a month but will be built to a degree then sit waiting for final parts if they don't arrive during the build. A glimmer of good news is they don't like cars sitting about so will priorities started builds.
I'll be more than surprised if I see it before at least the end of November.

Merry Christmas

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
So now they have given my dealer a completion date for the build of the 22nd of November, subject to change 😐

All being well we should have it by Easter.😬
Yup same. After deciding to cancel them they have now decided to finish the editions at the end of November for dealer delivery in December …. It I will believe it when the cars on the boat.

21 - 40 of 59 Posts