Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
MK8 ST Edition
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
looks interesting, what are all the parts?
So that's not everything in that pic, but the list is as follows...
Mountune airbox
Mountune throttle elbow
Mountune short shift
Mountune ACAI
Mountune intercooler
Mountune charge pipe kit
Scorpion valved GPF back exhaust
VUDU engine mount
Revo OEM+ intake
NGK 'colder' spark plugs
Revo map & SPS switch

I think that's everything?! Already got a few little visual bits on it.

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
ive just brought the pro alloy stage 3 induction kit, im going to try it in full, and then in combo with the mountune airbox to see which i like best.
I dont really want loads of induction noise, like you typically get with an open cone but id like a little more noise, when im in the mood, than the mountune airbox makes.
I was shocked at the internal size difference between the pro alloy pipes and the mountune silicon pipe, the mountune is really small, its no larger inside than the stock pipes.
Kind of surprised you have all mountune parts but went Revo for the map?

·
Registered
MK8 Fiesta ST 2018 M235
3,035 Posts
Kind of surprised you have all mountune parts but went Revo for the map?
Wanting to test/be different, going for the highest numbers, too many Mountune cars to differentiate himself especially if he has a Youtube channel.

·
Premium Member
MK8 ST Edition
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wanting to test/be different, going for the highest numbers, too many Mountune cars to differentiate himself especially if he has a Youtube channel.
I've not got a YT channel, but Martyn at MJP has, I'll stick a link up if/when a video on mine appears. Not bothered about highest numbers at all, the mix of parts is just because I've picked the parts I wanted. I've always rated Mountune parts, the wife's RS is a large mix of Mountune parts with the Revo performance pack thrown on top. So for me Mountune and Revo are both known entities 😁

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
Certainly sounds a good package, and I am with you on quality over figures, most people won't even notice the little difference in real life road driving between a Mountune pipe and a china pipe but we all know which will still be in action after 6 months.

I am looking at the Revo map when I get round to that. I like the features the SPS switch and the CAT and GPF safe map, I won't be running without either and this is they only map that is purposely design for to keep both at stage 2 level as far as I know???
Not fully decided on other parts yet but have a few VUDU bits lying in wait.

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
So that's not everything in that pic, but the list is as follows...
Mountune airbox
Mountune throttle elbow
Mountune short shift
Mountune ACAI
Mountune intercooler
Mountune charge pipe kit
Scorpion valved GPF back exhaust
VUDU engine mount
Revo OEM+ intake
NGK 'colder' spark plugs
Revo map & SPS switch

I think that's everything?! Already got a few little visual bits on it.
Were you not tempted by the Pro Alloy cold side pipe? (The one that connects from the intercooler, the opposite side to the charge pipe kit). Let me know what you think of all the mods, i am just waiting for the intercooler to come back in stock now.

·
Registered
MK8 Fiesta ST 2018 M235
3,035 Posts
I've not got a YT channel, but Martyn at MJP has, I'll stick a link up if/when a video on mine appears. Not bothered about highest numbers at all, the mix of parts is just because I've picked the parts I wanted. I've always rated Mountune parts, the wife's RS is a large mix of Mountune parts with the Revo performance pack thrown on top. So for me Mountune and Revo are both known entities 😁
Out of interest why Revo then? Im not a fanboy of any brand as such but I feel that Revo can at times go a bit overboard on their claims and ask a bit too much from the engine a bit too fast. For example the mid range torque problems on the VAG cars for tuning the torque too high that can fry clutches and gearboxes and be on the edge of safe for the motor itself.

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Certainly sounds a good package, and I am with you on quality over figures, most people won't even notice the little difference in real life road driving between a Mountune pipe and a china pipe but we all know which will still be in action after 6 months.

I am looking at the Revo map when I get round to that. I like the features the SPS switch and the CAT and GPF safe map, I won't be running without either and this is they only map that is purposely design for to keep both at stage 2 level as far as I know???
Not fully decided on other parts yet but have a few VUDU bits lying in wait.
FYI the m260 is both cat and gpf friendly and has an anti theft mode you can use off your phone.

Its probably not as youtube friendly though...

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Not throwing a roll restrictor on? Impressive list of mods, will be a different beast for sure when finished.

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
FYI the m260 is both cat and gpf friendly and has an anti theft mode you can use off your phone.

Its probably not as youtube friendly though...
Wasn't aware of the anti theft mode on Mountune, they don't highlight it as much as some other tuners.

I'll make my mind up nearer the time, it's not something I'll dive into it.
I ran several different "chips" on my RS turbo before I was happy with it's overall driveability.

No idea what you mean by (not) YouTube friendly tho?

·
Registered
MK8 Fiesta ST 2018 M235
3,035 Posts
Wasn't aware of the anti theft mode on Mountune, they don't highlight it as much as some other tuners.

I'll make my mind up nearer the time, it's not something I'll dive into it.
I ran several different "chips" on my RS turbo before I was happy with it's overall driveability.

No idea what you mean by (not) YouTube friendly tho?
YouTube friendly as in everyone on YouTube is talking about Mountune and not the other tuners. And you want to have your content standing our from the others to stand a chance.

·
Premium Member
MK8 ST Edition
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Were you not tempted by the Pro Alloy cold side pipe? (The one that connects from the intercooler, the opposite side to the charge pipe kit). Let me know what you think of all the mods, i am just waiting for the intercooler to come back in stock now.
Can't say I've seen this?!

·
Premium Member
MK8 ST Edition
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Not throwing a roll restrictor on? Impressive list of mods, will be a different beast for sure when finished.
As mentioned, got a VUDU one fitted. Was quite surprised, expected to be horrible vibrations but it's really not that bad. Once it's settled in it should be perfectly acceptable.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts