Fiesta ST Forums banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
619 Posts
Can't say I've seen this?!
It come out about 2 months ago, i got the cold side one but already had the mountune hot side (charge pipe), the pro alloy hot side is pretty pricey but does look really good and they both come with silicone hoses that attach to the intercooler.

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
As mentioned, got a VUDU one fitted. Was quite surprised, expected to be horrible vibrations but it's really not that bad. Once it's settled in it should be perfectly acceptable.
I missed it in the photo, apologies! Looking forward to reading what your car is like after its all on.

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
is the intercooler fitted yet yet ?

might sound an odd question but i dont suppose you know what it weighs compared to the o.e intercooler please?

·
Premium Member
MK8 ST Edition
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
is the intercooler fitted yet yet ?

might sound an odd question but i dont suppose you know what it weighs compared to the o.e intercooler please?
Yep fitted over the last week and all done now, no idea unfortunately! Attached photo of Martyn looking all happy about adding extra power 😂 First impressions after maybe 25-30 miles: I giggled, a lot!

Attachments

·
Registered
MK8 Fiesta ST 2018 M235
3,025 Posts
For me the Mountune intercooler was surprisingly light when I took a look if I wanted to go straight from stock to M260. I somehow was thinking it would weight a lot more than it did by the looks of it. Stock one is lighter of course but a bigger one is better with power levels that go over M235 aka mild stage 1 tunes. I would have gone with the M260 with mine if the whole setup didnt already cost so much and I already find myself in places that I cant use the extra power I have with M235 unless I want to get fines/get my drivers lisence taken away/ending up in a tree. The damn 80kmh speed limited roads that are twisty as hell that we have here in Finland. Even with a car thats designed to handle B-roads you really have to go under the speedlimits or you end up in a tree or something (yes its so bif of a shame to have nice roads to legally enjoy what the car can actually do :D). So much fun but the with bigger power comes bigger problems like braking properly so big brakes would be my next upgrade over extra power.

·
"Race Red Owner"
6,614 Posts
@Pyrres Ref the extra power and torque, I found it actually smooths out the delivery in some of the range making it easy to modulate, almost like it fills any voids in the 235 set-up without creating any huge spikes in the rest of the range... and for only a few pound more..... 😆

·
Premium Member
MK8 ST Edition
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
@Pyrres Ref the extra power and torque, I found it actually smooths out the delivery in some of the range making it easy to modulate, almost like it fills any voids in the 235 set-up without creating any huge spikes in the rest of the range... and for only a few pound more..... 😆
This ^
That's what I was told about what I'd got, there's not much in the headline power figures between 1 and 2 but the torque and how it's delivered makes the noticeable difference to the drive. £50 more for the bonus shove and I was putting the supporting parts on anyway.
Revo 1 252PS & 361Nm
Revo 2 262PS & 396Nm
Mountune 260PS & 365Nm
And although price isn't a major factor for me, £449 and my £50 second hand SPS switch beats £675 from Mountune 🤣 Granted that's with 20% off my map cost.

·
Registered
MK8 Fiesta ST 2018 M235
3,025 Posts
This ^
That's what I was told about what I'd got, there's not much in the headline power figures between 1 and 2 but the torque and how it's delivered makes the noticeable difference to the drive. £50 more for the bonus shove and I was putting the supporting parts on anyway.
Revo 1 252PS & 361Nm
Revo 2 262PS & 396Nm
Mountune 260PS & 365Nm
And although price isn't a major factor for me, £449 and my £50 second hand SPS switch beats £675 from Mountune 🤣 Granted that's with 20% off my map cost.
Yeah the price was the only reason I didn't get M260. They had the whole kit in stock but the parts were crazy expensive. As I have said, the reason I didn't want to go to another tuner is the fact that resale value doesnt dive down like with other tuners parts. I Finland remaps are normally looked as something to steer clear really fast when buying used car. Especially the dealers, they might not even want a tuned/remapped car or offer only pennies. Mountune is one of the exceptions that might even make the car more desirable.

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
interesting, the reason i asked about intercooler weight was because bar and plate coolers tend to be much heavier, the 300 quid airtech and r sport coolers are bar and plate and weigh 10 kilos, so i wondered what the tube and fin mountune cooler weighed in comparison, because if i can avoid it, i dont want an extra 5 kilos or so hanging over the front wheels.

are you going to dyno the car now, im not so interested in the numbers as the shape of the graph tbh.

·
Premium Member
MK8 ST Edition
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
interesting, the reason i asked about intercooler weight was because bar and plate coolers tend to be much heavier, the 300 quid airtech and r sport coolers are bar and plate and weigh 10 kilos, so i wondered what the tube and fin mountune cooler weighed in comparison, because if i can avoid it, i dont want an extra 5 kilos or so hanging over the front wheels.

are you going to dyno the car now, im not so interested in the numbers as the shape of the graph tbh.
I will at some point yes, but not in any rush as I'm not hugely bothered by the numbers. Would be nice to stick a print out in the history file though :geek: I'm fortunate enough to have a friend with a garage who happens to have a dyno!

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
dont suppose anybody is interested really in intercooler weights, but the r sport stock location cooler states 9.9 kilos, my mountune cooler arrived today, its 7.3 kilos, got to say i was gobsmacked how big it is, you can really see the quality.

·
Premium Member
619 Posts
dont suppose anybody is interested really in intercooler weights, but the r sport stock location cooler states 9.9 kilos, my mountune cooler arrived today, its 7.3 kilos, got to say i was gobsmacked how big it is, you can really see the quality.
Mine arrived today as well, i only had a quick look in the box and it seems it is just the intercooler and no other little bits like clips/fixings etc. Is yours the same?

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
yes i think so, all i did was lift out the cooler to look at it, and then put it back tbh, but i saw nothing else...apart from a mountune stencil.

I dont think there is anything else needed tbh.

·
Premium Member
619 Posts
yes i think so, all i did was lift out the cooler to look at it, and then put it back tbh, but i saw nothing else...apart from a mountune stencil.

I dont think there is anything else needed tbh.
Thanks for confirming that, it is probably a straight swap with the original one.

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
I will at some point yes, but not in any rush as I'm not hugely bothered by the numbers. Would be nice to stick a print out in the history file though :geek: I'm fortunate enough to have a friend with a garage who happens to have a dyno!
If you do get round to it, what would be really interesting would be to see runs with stock, 235 and 260 maps - on the same day, same dyno, same ambient conditions etc. There are so many power claims/complaints going round (particularly on the likes of Facebook), that never get satisfactorily resolved.

Cheers,
MarkP

·
Registered
MK8 Fiesta ST 2018 M235
3,025 Posts
If you do get round to it, what would be really interesting would be to see runs with stock, 235 and 260 maps - on the same day, same dyno, same ambient conditions etc. There are so many power claims/complaints going round (particularly on the likes of Facebook), that never get satisfactorily resolved.

Cheers,
MarkP
Would be nice to see. I dont trust many companies claims but I have to say that from what I have seen the Mountune claims are the power from the worst possible situation so if you have all the supporting parts installed it always makes the promised power or more unless its heatsoaked. A bit like Japanese claimed power figures seem to be in best possible conditions (normal not special models) and for example VAG cars claim the power it makes in the worst possible conditions. Like for example my old Ibiza Cupra was promised 180hp/290nm and most of them made well over 200hp and 320nm+ of torque. Same with my old MK2 Octavia vRS that made well over its promised 200hp/280nm.

·
Premium Member
MK8 ST Edition
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·

Cheers,
MarkP
Be pretty difficult to do for me, with me having the Revo 2 map 😂 I had wanted to dyno it standard, then with just the supporting mods and finally with it mapped... But sadly time and the 'rona spoilt that plan.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts