Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well well well ....I'll keep this short and simple.

I was a long time member of this forum, having had two MK7s, and then a lovely fully spec'd MK8 silver fox ST3 in 2019.

I sold that car (and have regretted it ever since) for a new M135i in 2021, which I just sold.

I bought a standard Golf last week, which is just not doing any good and so I've been able to exchange it for..............

A 7k mile Fiesta ST Edition...the car I wish I bought back in 2020 when offered the chance.

Had a test drive today and I was absolutely blown away....the steering, the coilovers.....smiling ear to ear.

Hopefully collecting this week.

I've seen it mentioned for years, but these Automatic German cars are so dull and don't bring any joy! Learned the hard way!

·
Registered
Fiesta MK8 ST3 MY2021
501 Posts
A nice car with some extra little touches

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm sure there was a Chap on here a while ago able to get build numbers or something?

Has anyone been able to access data to see which build of the 300 ST Editions they have?

Cheers.

·
Registered
Fiesta MK8 ST3 MY2021
501 Posts
I guess we cannot get this for our regular ST?

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So, collecting tomorrow, but I've noticed in one of the images there appears to be a seat scuff which I did not notice (either it's been masked when I was there, or it isn't a scuff and it's been wiped off, whatever it was).

The dealership and salesman have been brilliant, ordering new mats, and a new boot carpet because there was a scuff on that (the car is bloody clean as hell otherwise, as expected for only 18m old) but I did email them tonight after I noticed this apparent scuff in the pic, just to flag it.

If it is a scuff, obviously I'm not rejecting the car tomorrow, but I will be looking for money off so I can get it sorted myself.

What would people on here do? Just curious for inspiration. There's only one ST edition for sale in the UK at the moment and so it's not like they need to slash prices of course, and it is a used car, but at 18m old and considering the rest of the car is so, so clean, it will be pretty frustrating if it's the kind of scuff it appears to be....

Attachments

·
Registered
917 Posts
So, collecting tomorrow, but I've noticed in one of the images there appears to be a seat scuff which I did not notice (either it's been masked when I was there, or it isn't a scuff and it's been wiped off, whatever it was).

The dealership and salesman have been brilliant, ordering new mats, and a new boot carpet because there was a scuff on that (the car is bloody clean as hell otherwise, as expected for only 18m old) but I did email them tonight after I noticed this apparent scuff in the pic, just to flag it.

If it is a scuff, obviously I'm not rejecting the car tomorrow, but I will be looking for money off so I can get it sorted myself.

What would people on here do? Just curious for inspiration. There's only one ST edition for sale in the UK at the moment and so it's not like they need to slash prices of course, and it is a used car, but at 18m old and considering the rest of the car is so, so clean, it will be pretty frustrating if it's the kind of scuff it appears to be....
I know a lot of people don't like them but i have got a pair of seat covers. UK Custom Covers have got black ST ones in stock (they have been out of stock for ages). They are £40 for 1 or £75 for 2 and i think they look good. They are actually cheaper on their Ebay listing.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
They may not like them @Jason70, but there are plenty of people who damned well need them.

If they can't exit the vehicle without dry humping the bolster then they've either been eating far too many doughnuts for far too long or there's something seriously wrong with their knees as they can't raise themselves up to exit a seat.

Either way some sort of mobility scooter would seem a more appropriate choice of vehicle for people in such poor condition.

Even with bulging love-handles and/or fused knees, had the last owner had covers the seats would still be pristine @Richyharrison04. Sadly now you'll have to buy some to cover up their shame.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
It is not a brand new car so you can't expect it to be perfect, even then, they never are.
I would ask them to replace the seat cover though. Lay it on thick that you will see it every time you open the door.
Keep us up to date!

·
Registered
Fiesta MK8 ST3 MY2021
501 Posts
Mine, as a brand new car, even came with a defect in passenger's seat, dealer replaced those under warranty

Reactions: Richyharrison04

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
They may not like them @Jason70, but there are plenty of people who damned well need them.

If they can't exit the vehicle without dry humping the bolster then they've either been eating far too many doughnuts for far too long or there's something seriously wrong with their knees as they can't raise themselves up to exit a seat.

Either way some sort of mobility scooter would seem a more appropriate choice of vehicle for people in such poor condition.

Even with bulging love-handles and/or fused knees, had the last owner had covers the seats would still be pristine @Richyharrison04. Sadly now you'll have to buy some to cover up their shame.
@Keithsson
No help to the buyer and so OTT.🤣
Have to say? Would not have that problem on my cloth mk8 ST2 seats. Those were great.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Aye aye, someone resembles my remarks then 🤣

Anyway, who made you commentator in chief? I endorsed the previous contributor.

Besides, instead of falling sideways out of the car every time if the previous owner HAD gone 'over the top' Ken, Richy wouldn't have this problem would he 😉

Its symptomatic of previous use, well worth mentioning. I once got accused by a salesman of time wasting when I turned my nose up at a car because there were several flecks of nail polish on top of the instrument cluster. He said 'I'll get that removed, that's no reason to reject the whole car". My point was the previous owner had clearly painted their nails while driving, and if they did that whatever else in the way of slapdash behaviour and woeful driving did they do in it?

It was a Vauxhall mind you, probably dodged a bullet anyway.

·
Premium Member
Fiesta ST Edition
1,252 Posts
I've considered seat covers but have always been in 2 minds

I love the seats and look of them seat covers aren't a comfort enhancement by any means. I am buying the car for me to enjoy, not the next owner.

I also don't want the seats wearing out prematurely.

I came to the conclusion that the car is under warranty for 3 years and have it on good authority that seats/seat covers have been replaced under warranty.

Possibly worth looking into???

1 - 20 of 54 Posts