Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I was looking at buying an induction kit for my ST.
I was wondering if there wass much power difference between the GGR Induction Kit which is £300+ and the K & N 57i induction kit which is a third of the price.

Does anyone have any ideas?

What induction kits do you run and how do you like them?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Hi

I was looking at buying an induction kit for my ST.
I was wondering if there wass much power difference between the GGR Induction Kit which is £300+ and the K & N 57i induction kit which is a third of the price.

Does anyone have any ideas?

What induction kits do you run and how do you like them?

Thanks
well you can go in between and get the Mountune CAIS kit which i have, Its £200 new i think from Mountune or if someone sells one on here it could be cheaper, nice quick acceleration and a nice roar when pull away.

Westy

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
+1 on Nathans comment, K&N value for money is brilliant if you buy the full ST150 kit which is like £70 something quid.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
The benefit of a GGR is it reduces heatsoak.

A problem with the K&N I had was when you sit in traffic with a hot engine, the car gets really sluggy as it's sucked in nothing but hot air. The GGR has a heatshield/cone around the filter to reduce that. But once you got going with the K&N again and got some air through the car it was good as gold!

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
For the money for the GGR you could buy a K&N 57i,a flexi pipe and buy a heat sheild and have that with two cold air feeds.

Yea it still won't be as good but in traffic you don't need to boot it so I don't see why it matters...when your driving the car it will get plenty of cold air.

Lee

·
Registered
554 Posts
Cold air kits are good, but you have to be careful about puddles our you risk hydrolocking the engine.

My Civic has one on and its very good, it improves throttle respone a lot, but I am always bricking it when its raining hard. You can get water barriers for them though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts