Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just about ready to sign on the dotted line for a ST200. Only realised as I was checking documents etc that there is only the one key. Buying from a garage but now having 2nd thoughts. What was the spare key like originally? Will it cost a bomb to get one? Worried that the mykey will break & I'll be a bit stuck without a spare.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
With a car like this, I wouldn’t accept it without having a second key, you don’t know what’s happened to that second key.

I would be pushing for the garage to have two new keys coded to the car, just for the extra peace of mind that no one can come along with the second key and take your new pride and joy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My thoughts exactly. They are marketing it as being well looked after by the previous owner. Doesn't exactly create that impression. Gutted really as everything my end is good to go. I will see what they say.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
There will always be another car if they don’t agree to do so, don’t feel pressured by them to go for it even if they knock money off. I wouldn’t even be happy taking it with money knocked off and then having new keys coded, it could go walkies in the mean time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts