Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As mentioned in a few threads now. I ordered a white ST3 in the beginning of April. As we all know delays hit and well delayed from July to August to September and now to October / November :mad::mad:.

This caused me to start thinking about an I 20N and cancelling my order. I rang my dealer and was 100% honest about this and said I am 50/50 on cancelling as I can get the I20N late September. Anyway he said luckily somone just cancelled an identical spec white ST3. Basically std with LED headliamps is my spec. So I am now collecting at the end of September or early October with a little luck. Not bad I thought.

Now the point of all this waffle. He mentioned that my part ex valuation will have gone up and he will also rework the figures. Basically I agreed a PCP deal with the maximum 35% deposit. So now instead of giving my old car up and paying another £750 I will be giving my old car up and collecting £500 as well as the new car. My part x has gone up £1200 since April :cool:. I was thinking about this anyway but the dealer brought it up not me. Can't rate the service I have had from them higher so far. Still have to get the car though but I hope it continues. :)

Anyway any of you out there with old part x valuations and delayed cars should get the dealers to look at the figures again.

I hope this post helps save at least someone some money and sorry it was a little long.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
694 Posts
That is good news, I have no PX and sold my ST150 last year but don't think it's value would have increased anyway.
Although my Edition was ordered by the dealer end of April or early May as dealer stock with initial delivery for early September. but judging by what you have said i could be Xmas
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
161 Posts
Hmm yeh I think Cologne return according to various sites around 16/08/21 so hopefully they will up to full production quite quickly, depends on microchips I guess, fingers crossed for us folk waiting impatiently👍🏻
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is good news, I have no PX and sold my ST150 last year but don't think it's value would have increased anyway.
Although my Edition was ordered by the dealer end of April or early May as dealer stock with initial delivery for early September. but judging by what you have said i could be Xmas
I really hope it's the promised September for you. Keep those fingers crossed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
My dealer confirmed that all slots allocated to a customer are now being prioritised over others. Hopefully this means that we'll all be looking at an September/October delivery.

Either that or he was pulling me leg 😂
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Just called my dealer for an update on mine.
Ordered in March, was told “may”.
Called in May, Was told “June”
Called in June, was told “build date now august 5th, looking at September”
Called today, “built, chassis number on system, but still in cologne awaiting microchips. Looking at October at the earliest”

my contract ends October 1st and tbh I’m very close to telling them to shove it.

On the upside, when I first ordered my current fiesta’s (ST-line) value was given as £8500

It’s now £11370
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
161 Posts
Just called my dealer for an update on mine.
Ordered in March, was told “may”.
Called in May, Was told “June”
Called in June, was told “build date now august 5th, looking at September”
Called today, “built, chassis number on system, but still in cologne awaiting microchips. Looking at October at the earliest”

my contract ends October 1st and tbh I’m very close to telling them to shove it.
Hi @Technogamer, it will be worth waiting for but I know it is frustrating when dealerships move the goal posts. I ordered at the end of May 21 and I think my dealership is managing my expectation reasonably well, telling me that I can expect the car sometime in December 21. I figure that when Cologne resume production on 16/08/21 that there may be some news and the delivery date will be bought forward. Good luck with your order, it does sound like it is progressing👍🏻
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
462 Posts
Annoying yes, but you've come this far @Technogamer and you'd lose out massively if you stopped now.

The chip shortage is not unique to Ford and neither are production stoppages for Covid. If you told Ford to "shove it" and went to look elsewhere you'd a) be at the back of the line again for whichever make you choose b) be paying the relative equivalent of that £3k increase in price.

It's a no-brainer to stay patient and remain playing the waiting game.

Look at it this way, you've 'gained' £3k of value. If they still haven't got your car by the time your existing car goes back you could buy a stop gap runaround for just a few hundred quid to tide you over until it comes... and you'd get some value back from that runaround anyway by selling it on when your ST Line arrives anyway. Failing that £3k could fund a cheap hire car for ages.

In summary, never fold while you have a winning hand, you can't lose.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Annoying yes, but you've come this far @Technogamer and you'd lose out massively if you stopped now.

The chip shortage is not unique to Ford and neither are production stoppages for Covid. If you told Ford to "shove it" and went to look elsewhere you'd a) be at the back of the line again for whichever make you choose b) be paying the relative equivalent of that £3k increase in price.

It's a no-brainer to stay patient and remain playing the waiting game.

Look at it this way, you've 'gained' £3k of value. If they still haven't got your car by the time your existing car goes back you could buy a stop gap runaround for just a few hundred quid to tide you over until it comes... and you'd get some value back from that runaround anyway by selling it on when your ST Line arrives anyway. Failing that £3k could fund a cheap hire car for ages.

In summary, never fold while you have a winning hand, you can't lose.
I know, I know, I’m being impatient.
I guess I’m just extra frustrated because my sister ordered a new ecosport the same day I ordered my fiesta and she’s been driving it for three months! XD
 

·
<3 Blue
Joined
·
4,183 Posts
As mentioned in a few threads now. I ordered a white ST3 in the beginning of April. As we all know delays hit and well delayed from July to August to September and now to October / November :mad::mad:.

This caused me to start thinking about an I 20N and cancelling my order. I rang my dealer and was 100% honest about this and said I am 50/50 on cancelling as I can get the I20N late September. Anyway he said luckily somone just cancelled an identical spec white ST3. Basically std with LED headliamps is my spec. So I am now collecting at the end of September or early October with a little luck. Not bad I thought.

Now the point of all this waffle. He mentioned that my part ex valuation will have gone up and he will also rework the figures. Basically I agreed a PCP deal with the maximum 35% deposit. So now instead of giving my old car up and paying another £750 I will be giving my old car up and collecting £500 as well as the new car. My part x has gone up £1200 since April :cool:. I was thinking about this anyway but the dealer brought it up not me. Can't rate the service I have had from them higher so far. Still have to get the car though but I hope it continues. :)

Anyway any of you out there with old part x valuations and delayed cars should get the dealers to look at the figures again.

I hope this post helps save at least someone some money and sorry it was a little long.
Like you, I have also been thinking about the valuation for my car. I ordered a new ST Focus last December (8 months ago exactly) and of course my valuation was based on a March / April delivery! We all know that second hand prices have shot up so, against my better judgement, yesterday I did a quick WBAC valuation for my car. Wow......it has gone up nearly 3k! Naturally I want more money when my car comes! However, here’s the rub.....updated delivery details are “projected” October build so November/ December delivery. You might say what is the problem with that but of course once the new cars start coming through I fear this enhanced second hand value will drop like a stone.....
Maybe, like Maler, I am fortunate as my dealer will play fair with me when my car arrives so I’m happy to sit back and wait.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Ordered ST3 beginning of June with October delivery which looks unlikely to happen. I have access to another car, should I sell current ST3 while prices are good and use other car until new one arrives? Seems to make sense to me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
161 Posts
Ordered ST3 beginning of June with October delivery which looks unlikely to happen. I have access to another car, should I sell current ST3 while prices are good and use other car until new one arrives? Seems to make sense to me.
Hi @mirast, I ordered a similar time to you and don't expect delivery until November 21. The used market is inflated at present so I agree you should get a premium price for your current car. I am fortunate that I have use of another car whilst I am impatiently waiting, good luck on an earlier delivery date👍🏻
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
694 Posts
Had an email from my dealer . . .

"Nothing concrete yet"

Also mentioned that he's awaiting information on the wireless charging as in his opinion it was standard fitment when the order was placed so should be fitted.
 
1 - 20 of 83 Posts
Top