Fiesta ST Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mk8/Mk8.5 Order Updates Only

227K views 3K replies 124 participants last post by  KenL 
OK another slight update. The production halt still continues but ford are also closing the books on new orders from next week. They have also told dealers that any orders not contracted to a customer(cars for dealer stock for example) are to be cancelled and any production moving forward (whenever they restart) will be customer vehicles only.
This is the same with my local VW dealer, I have a golf r on order. They can’t order any stock for the showroom, every order has to have a name, post code and phone number with it. Just placed an order for a 3 dr mk8.5, have been told manufacturing will start in May with delivery July time (yeah I won’t hold my breath) our golf r order is an 10 month estimate wait.

Is anyone having his 3door order moving forward?
I have contacted the dealer to ask about my order and his saying was that the import company is pressing the factory for deliveries.

I am on the verge of cancelling, been between a rock and a hard place with this whole mess.
Only want a 3door and the only other option currently on sale would be an Abarth 595 for which I would pay substantially more.
Have been told May build, this hasn’t changed in over a month which I take as positive. But heard they are only building 5 door just now, not sure if this is correct or not.

Update from dealer today. Build date for 3 dr ST-2 was due to be today, 20th May, this has now slipped to 18th June so mid July for delivery. They can wait till 1st September, can’t take car start of August due to holiday.

Update this morning on ST-2 dr order, was due to be built next week. But no date showing on the system, dealer said some cars are being built but not finished. System also showing they are only working 3 day week, says due to part shortage.

I went into a dealership over the weekend and they showed me the production update they received last week from Ford. It showed production on Fiesta has pretty much halted (only producing 1 day a week), and not many are going to be produced over the summer

Not sure what anyone else has heard from their dealers, but it doesn't look great
Spoke to my dealer on Friday, he said they were down to a 3 day week. Admitted this would be down to a shortage of parts. I’m due a update on Friday for my 3dr ST-2, last given date was the 18th June.

I called into the dealership today as I was passing, to see if there was any update (and I thought there may have been one or two facelift STs to have a nosey at but there weren’t). The estimated build date is now the beginning of August, so in other words no real update, it’s just a rolling estimate.

As the car certainly hasn’t been built yet, am I now in danger of having my order changed to a 5dr? Is this actually confirmed?

Cheers.
I was informed this week my 3 dr ST-2, ordered Jan ‘22 , has now been changed by FORD to a 5 dr. Seems like Ford are changing 3 dr orders, like it or lump it. Still unsure if I will have to pay the difference.

They are asking you to pay more for a car you don't really want?
Surely they should wave the extra like they did with B&0 and winter pack for those who ordered a mk8 but got 8.5.
I’m still waiting to hear from the dealer to what Ford will do when it comes to the price difference. That might be the deciding factor if I cancel the order. Car was ordered a month before the 3 dr model was pulled . To me it looks like they have run out of 3 dr bodies, so pushing the remainder on to the 5 dr.

Thanks for the replies so far. I agree that the final colour choice will be mine alone and my main concern is the issue of the extra doors and ease of access due to my height.

Whilst I had considered the 5 door issue it was only this morning when I was informed that Ford had changed my order that it dawned on me that there may be access issues. Previously I had only considered the aesthetics, Keithsson kindly pointed out my shortcomings in this area however one can't ask for general observations and then grumble about the resulting comments. I shall try to do better in future.

I'll see if i can locate a 5dr tomorrow to see how I get on with it. There are some positive comments here which have mitigated my concerns somewhat and which have been really helpful. I'll see how I get on.

I am still feeling peeved at the way Ford has handled this. The information on Fiestastoc is way more up to date than any that the dealer had. In my last communication they reassured me that the forced change from three to five doors would not happen and that three door orders would be honoured.
I myself have had my order changed from 3 dr to 5 dr by Ford, ordered Jan ‘22. But colour white staying the same. You are correct with what you say about information, there is far more information on this forum than there is coming from the dealership.

I spoke directly with the sales/orders manager of FORD MOTOR GREECE

He told me that there is a big chance to convert my order to MY2023. That means it will be ST3 instead of ST2

I asked him if i must pay the difference. He don’t know yet. we will know in a week from now

so fingers crossed
I myself are in the same position, ordered 3dr ST-2. I do know I’ve been changed to a 5 dr but no information on a switch to ST-3. Dealer felt it unfair to pass price change on since original order was placed when this variant was available. Did recon that Ford would say either take the car offered or not. Hopefully find out soon about model type and If original price will be honoured by Ford.

How on earth does a dealer not know that?

Meanwhile, having called them yesterday, mine allegedly doesn’t know about the end of 3dr production. They must think I’m going to turn up on collection day and be pleasantly surprised that I’ve got two extra doors!
From a conversation with my dealer last week, they aren’t being told anything by Ford. My order of 3 dr st-2 turned in to a 5 dr. I questioned last week is it still a st-2, he checked and it’s turned into a st-3. We seem to gather more information on these forums than they seem to know.

Both of your dealers / sales people sound about as good as a wet paper bag. All they need to do is check Vista for your order and it tells them everything they need to know. They get ‘red tops’ from Ford as well with production / model updates and whatever else they need to know.. my salesman shows me all of this so it’s not exactly hard to find.

Out of curiosity, what have both of you ordered? There was my dealers demo car available after I secured another car which might be of interest, someone should’ve called about it yesterday but not 100% sure if they did, but a phone call wouldn’t hurt. The only thing is that it’s going to a dealer in the North East, any transfers between Lookers’ group dealers will be chargeable. This one’s a mean green 3 door st3 with winter pack only.
Order placed Jan ‘22 before the configurator was changed to 5 dr ST-3 only, was a 3 dr ST-2. Waiting to hear if I’m going to have to pay for 5 dr ST-3 when that wasn’t the order which was placed with Ford and they have changed.

hey dude. am on the same boat with you. in the next few days i will know if i have to pay extra the tranformation from st2 to st3
i am going to update once i know
It could be a deal breaker for me. I’ve budgeted for a 3 dr st-2, as I have a Golf R on order as well, I got lucky with trade in prices at the start of the year, made good money on a X5.

If you ordered as a 3 door, or as an st2 you should not have to pay any of the difference. You ordered what you wanted, and it was Ford who changed the goal posts. You should be protected under the price protection that your dealer (should have) mentioned. It’s the same for those who ordered a mk8 and got converted to an 8.5, and also those who order before a price increase, the price increases don’t apply to any of those orders. I would send an email to your sales person questioning whether you will pay the difference, so that you have something in writing. Assuming both of you have been sent something / given something physical with a date & price on it for what you have ordered?
Yes I still have the original ordered on email. The dealer to be very fair has said it’s price protected, but there seems to be a bit of unsure what Ford themselves will be looking for as payment. Hey, if I don’t have to pay any extra I’ll easy take a ST-3 over a ST-2, this car is my daily driver, brilliant car.

This article published only a few days ago seems to contradict what that dealer is saying. Doesn't mean it's true of course.
Ford EV Production At Cologne Assembly Plant Won’t Leave Out Fiesta
Spoke to my dealer last night and questioned this being the end of the fiesta. He said it wasn’t, explained that cars will be built not to customer order. Depending on how much the dealership sells depends on how many they will get. Seems like the puma is slowly taking over.
On the plus side of our conversation, I am now getting a 5 dr St-3 for the price of a 3 dr ST-2, due to Ford changing order and it being under a price promise. Also touched on car will be made with Sync 2.5 not 3 as easier to get cars thru the factory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.