Fiesta ST Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mk8/Mk8.5 Order Updates Only

227K views 3K replies 124 participants last post by  KenL 
I have a mk8 in frozen white ordered since june.
I actually work in a ford dealer and the real story is a bulletin came out earlier this week stating that fiesta production for October is cancelled and they are unsure of production in November.
It also said a new letter would be out Monday the 18th with more clarification on existing orders. So the dealerships don't 100% know but its not looking good.
Oh well I guess a mean green mk8.5 it is for me!!!

The dealers are waiting on ford to confirm what cars are moving to the face-lift. The factory are only finishing the cars that they've started but the factory is currently closed until November.
Most of our orders will move over but it just needs to be officially confirmed.
Honestly I don't mind too much as the new model has really grown on me.
I just hope they do something for those of us that have been wanting so long like add back in the optional extras.

Thanks. Still hoping I'll get mine but a facelift with B&O and spare wheel would be fine for me.

Although, the new LED look rubbish compared with the darkened multi element ones at the moment.
Look worse aesthetically but matrix leds are a huge leap forward in terms of lighting ability.
Look them up they are really clever tech.

OK a little update from what I know so far.
In Ireland anyway ford have not yet released the(redtop) letter telling dealers how to move orders across to the mk8.5 but they did update the production delay information letter.
It states 766 mk8 fiestas that have already been started to be finished in November. I'd imagine a small percentage of these are ST models. Everything else is to be moved to the mk8.5 with production beginning in January. New orders will be taken by ford in early November but production on new orders won't start until March. So at least they are prioritising those cancelled mk8 orders with the first run of mk8.5s.

Ford have listed the fiesta as oktb(ok to buy) from 17th January. Basically just internal jargon for its passed all checks and will be shipping to dealers from that date. So the first should be hitting dealers by mid February. Now this is the model as a whole st production could be later I honestly don't know but its some move in the right direction anyway.

Latest supply update:
Okay to buy pushed back one week to 24th January due to headlight supply issues with a number of vehicles being removed from schedule.
Rescheduling plan to be decided
Fresh orders will now be built from June on.
So all in all not good news lads.

OK looks like more bad news guys.
Latest supply chain bulletin states that fiesta production will stop on the 7th of February with a restart date to be decided.
It also states fresh orders will be built from June.
The wait continues unfortunately.

To be fair it's a constantly changing situation. With no explanation on the supply chain bulletin it could be to change something on the assembly line like change production to 3 door.
Without more detail from ford its impossible to know how long production will be stopped.

Hi @tobothehobo I don't suppose whether you would know if it would affect my order which was originally placed in May 2021 and then changed to 8.5 in October??? My dealer is taking his time in getting back to me and I seriously looking at cancelling my order now thanks 👍🏻
Honestly I don't know. I'm only sharing the information I have at the moment. But it is constantly changing. Production could be back up again the end of next week or could be down for weeks for all I know. I'm in the same situation as everyone else here waiting on a car. And to be fair to your sales rep he doesn't have much more information than I have.
This only changed today.
If you want co cancel your order that's up to you but I haven't enough information to tell what exactly the effect of this delay could have.

OK another slight update. The production halt still continues but ford are also closing the books on new orders from next week. They have also told dealers that any orders not contracted to a customer(cars for dealer stock for example) are to be cancelled and any production moving forward (whenever they restart) will be customer vehicles only.

OK guys huge update not so much to do with our orders but more to do with the fiesta moving forward.
As stated previously ford are closing the books on fiesta orders today as production slots are full through the summer.
After that they are going to simplify the lineup.
Unfortunately this means the following will no longer be available.
*3 door body
*St2 spec
*1.0 ecoboost mhev 155ps
*Panoramic roof
*Boundless blue.
I'm shocked by these changes to be honest.
They better not come back and say my 3door is cancelled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.