Fiesta ST Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mk8/Mk8.5 Order Updates Only

227K views 3K replies 124 participants last post by  KenL 
My car is due 9 October. Have asked dealer if there is any update.
Heard back from dealer today. Looks like my car has slipped by about 3 weeks.

Hopefully collect early November. No big deal as I have my ST2 which is fab.

Only slight annoyance is that it needs servicing soon. I have the service contract so no cost, just the inconvenience.

To be honest I reckon you'd have had a case for them covering the ST2 service cost even if you hadn't got a service contract @KenL

It would've been a cost you weren't expecting because they initially gave an earlier delivery date. In my head that would've been a case of 'its your delay, so you pay' 🤨
Really? When is a car delivery ever guaranteed?

I could always ask of course but given that I have paid upfront for 3 services I am not too fussed.

Just to throw my experience into the mix, I ordered an ST3 in May and the estimated delivery has moved from October to roughly the end of the year. My dealer has been proactive though - fortnightly calls without any prompting from me, and never over promising (in fact, he's always said he's hesitant to give me a specific date as it's so changeable).

If it's any use to anyone, I brought up the potential issue of my contract finishing before I get the new car (which seems likely to happen now) and he said my monthly payments would just continue as they are - a way of Ford owning up to the problem. I'm not sure of the specifics so I think I'll get in touch with Ford Credit next week to find out exactly what's going to happen.

I might also bring up the part-ex value of the current car, which I assume has increased. Perhaps I can get them to knock off the remaining £500 deposit payment or something...
If you can manage without a car for a while you might want to consider selling to the likes of Motorway near the end of your current deal.

My dealer has come back with a price for new model and has been great at answering my questions over the last couple of days. I am going to stick with the pre facelift just because of the price difference and hope it arrives in the early new year. I got rid of my 68 reg ST3 a month ago just because of the trade in value and I have use of another car until the new one arrives.
How much more per month was it?

The reduction in spec for the new car is a negative for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.