Fiesta ST Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mk8/Mk8.5 Order Updates Only

227K views 3K replies 124 participants last post by  KenL 
I went in again today, mean green 3 door ST 3 with winter pack and b&o, reckons July for me if I ordered this week… now just need to try and sell my mk7 whilst I can as the px price they gave is shocking! even lower than WBAC! anyone in the market for an MO mk7? 😂

Also gave me an option of a Puma ST which is slightly cheaper and I could have it earlier but… I’m not sure I want a Puma

July! Might have been worth trying other dealers especially with a low trade in offer.
But then, they are giving you a price for 8 months from now.
They will protect my PX as a minimum, WBAC offering 10895 and they offered me 9125, so it’s a fair chunk of a difference.
I can be without a car for that long anyway, I’ll just need to add myself to the insurance for a second car and I’ll have a choice of two should I need one, don’t need one for work as they’ll provide a hire car if I do… it’s just not wanting to sell to WBAC as there’s stone chips etc which they will shaft me for.. Cazoo won’t buy it because of outstanding finance and I don’t have 7.5k to clear it so they will!

Yeh gonna try Motorway, send pictures to W Ferguson and see how much another used car dealer found here would buy it off me for.. I’m in no massive rush to sell but the more new cars start coming through, prices will nose dive again so want to try and cash in whilst I can.

My ST has "SHIPPED". The site is struggling to find if it is actually on a boat.
View attachment 584810
Try and get some info out of your dealer, I put my order in yesterday and the sales guy I deal with was showing me other customers orders (albeit for other models) and they had loads of info 👍🏻 some Puma’s he’s had on order for months showed “VAL PORT” and “Compound out” which suggests that it’s been loaded onto a boat.

Those of us with 8.5 ST's on order, is it right that they are not starting to build these until January...
That’s what I got yesterday, my dealer currently has at least one on order for delivery in March, so a Jan build sounds about right. I won’t have a projected build date until Ford accept my order, which I can’t see happening this year.

I know it’s probably not the place to ask, but does anyone know the lead time on the puma st’s?
I think they're about the same, don't quote me on it though. I could've had a Puma ST around March time if I wanted it instead of the Fiesta, but I don't like the shape.. nor the fact they feel like a boat after my mum just got a Titanium Puma!

Where are you located? I could put you in touch with my salesman to see if he's still got the Puma ST available. All I know about it is that its grey!

Just looked and it has this fine print -

"†Includes £1000 Deposit Allowance Paid By Manufacturer. " you need to add £1000 to their price then, as Ford have removed the contribution for the facelift, I'll be surprised if they bring it back anytime soon. Bristol Street need to update their website.

They have stopped the privilege scheme as well. I have agreed a price including a discount? So I wonder what will happen with that?
If you have an agreed price then it should be honoured, mine will be, I've got a discount of circa 1k, if the price of the car goes up between now and when I sign for it, I pay the price on the agreed finance document, if it goes down, then the price I pay will go down (wishful thinking :ROFLMAO:)

edit: minus the £1000 contribution of course, if your price included that, it now won't be included.

I also moaned about the loss of the deposit allowance. I was told I can either stick with 2.9% and no £1k deposit allowance, or I can go with their new deal which is 3.9% and this will include the £1k deposit allowance. So all in, over 36 months PCP, it worked out about £600 more in interest over the term.

Order is being built now apparently and will be delivered next month. Mk8.5 st2.
Which dealer did you order through? I’ve just checked my order form, for a fresh order of an 8.5, and my interest rate is 2.9%.. seems strange you were offered the 2.9% and lost the contribution of the new deal? I’ll be checking when mine turns up (in about 6 months probably!) that my interest rate is 2.9

I made the mistake of looking at a Polo GTI instead... I can get a brand new one, discounted down to below my discounted price on the ST, one dealer estimated 6-9 month wait for it which would tie in on the lower end of what I'll be waiting for my Fiesta anyway... decisions decisions.

Tbf I've only really looked at it from a price perspective at the mo, haven't spent time reading any reviews as yet.. works been mental, and to be honest I only looked at it first yesterday during my lunch break.

I can always place an order and hopefully cancel if I don't like the sound of it. It's the same with the ST, my deposit is refundable..

If price and delivery dates are the higher factors then i'm sure you could get your hands on a Ssangyong Tivoli very quickly... indeed you can almost have two for the price of one FiST 👍

But good things come to those who can wait 😎
I mean, I appreciate the sarcasm but surely if price or lead time were the deciding factor surely I’d not have looked at a factory order in general, nevermind at the ST. 🙃

I can wait hence the reason why I put in a factory order in the first place.

Nothing seems to keep you happy does it 🙃

Where'd you get that deal? VW were miles off when I priced up the Polo.
I got it through Drive the Deal, I went to a VW dealer yesterday and didn’t get a sniff of a discount. Going to see if they will match the drive the deal price and then possibly leave a £100 deposit to get an order in (assuming it’s refundable) and go from there. I have my heart set on the ST in reality but it’s just another niggle, I didn’t even have the idea of ordering a brand new car 3 months ago, it was only because I could pay an extra £40-60 a month and have a brand new car as opposed to one that was approaching 5 years old and had cost me a fair chunk in tyres and MOT repairs in 14 months of owning it.

I went through Carwow as well but the max discount they offered me on the same drive the deal spec was around £1800. DtD have given me a discount of nearly twice as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.