Fiesta ST Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mk8/Mk8.5 Order Updates Only

227K views 3K replies 124 participants last post by  KenL 
I've just ordered an ST3 with expected delivery in June. I went for the 3 year PCP and got £1k deposit contribution and manged to bag free servicing (that was a reward for being a loyal customer though). I have so much equity in my PE it was a no brainer really although I'll miss having something that little bit special.

Not sure if this will be useful for anyone but there are quite a few examples of the facelifted car in Europe, with actual photos (rather than heavily edited CGI mock-ups): Ford Fiesta St used cars, Price and ads | Reezocar
That’s actually really useful, thanks. The green is ok I’m just not sure if I like it enough to actually order it, and I really need to see the Boundless Blue as the configurator images could be misleading. On that basis I’ve gone for Agate Black. If I don’t change I’m sure I’ll be happy enough so it’s a bit of a safe bet really.

I only ordered a couple of weeks ago (3dr ST3) so is it safe to say the projected June delivery is rather unlikely? I did think it was optimistic given how long some of you have been waiting!

Good to see deliveries happening, saw my 1st facelift ST today in black looked nice, but more subtle, really suits black. Can't wait to see a white one I think that'll look good too.
It does look good in black. It was between black and green for me, I went for black (only just though!). It will be a lot more subtle than my PE that’s for sure!

@mjcapri . Can I ask why you are swapping the PE for a standard car?
PE looks great to me.
Good question!

It’s a total head over heart decision. The PE will be 3 years old this December and it’s in effect my company car. By swapping I get a new car with warranty etc., free servicing (thrown into the deal) and save circa £240 a month (PCP). It’s as simple as that to be honest, and I have other cars which are “toys” so it makes being sensible that little bit easier!

That said I will miss the PE, it does look great, it’s one of those cars you park up and glance back at as you walk away. It’s not all been plain sailing though, it’s the worst built ST I’ve ever had with rattles and vibrations all over the cabin which have annoyed me since day one. The ST200 is far better put together although the PE obviously looks far more modern inside.

All in all not the easiest decision but I think it’s the right one. Hopefully I won’t be disappointed with the 8.5 when it finally arrives (I’m sure I won’t be).

Although I prefer the fiesta as it stands the rumours of the hybrid puma st has me intrigued.
A 4wd hybrid puma RS would be seriously cool.
Each to their own but I couldn’t disagree more. I like hot hatches to be just that, not souped up crossovers or SUVs.

If SUV's are your thing, then good for you.

Personally I'm about as intrigued as I would be to know what it felt like to nail 'little Keithsson' to the kitchen table 👎🏻
It’s a truly awful thought isn’t it!

Fiesta - the poor relation. 😠
I really don't want to sound like an entitled **** here, but this is what annoys me. Puma customers are clearly more important, yet we have two Fiesta STs and a MK3 RS parked in the garage, and there were plenty more before them. Suddenly I/we are "second class" because we ordered the car we want and not the car Ford wanted us to order.

Again, apologies if that comes across as an entitled rant but I needed to get it off my chest. The delays I can deal with, I accept that it's largely out of Ford's control, but by removing things from the spec they appear to be deliberately prioritising Puma buyers over (in some cases) very loyal Fiesta buyers and Ford customers in general.

Guess none of you would have an Urus if it was gifted to you then...
Not to keep, no. I'd happily take it to sell though!

Better to have Ford in the future than the company go bust from a lack of cash flow if they were to just stop delivery of all orders until first ones made can be met due to parts issues and delays... No?
Agreed, but that's not what I'm complaining about. It appears that Puma buyers are getting fully spec'd cars whereas Fiesta buyers are having to take what they're given. It's not even as if it's based on the RRP of the car!

I agree with you, I can only give you the reason @mjcapri.

The reason is Ford need to make sure Puma customers have the best possible experience with their cars is so that in 3 years time they will then rent another one.

The reason they don't need to invest the same attention to Fiesta customers is because they know in three years time there won't be a Fiesta to rent/buy. That's what happens to a soon to be 'legacy model'.

I don't agree with it, but that makes business sense to a corporation.
I totally agree on a macro level. It's annoying for the likes of us though who are genuinely brand-loyal, whereas your average Puma buyer will decide to buy say a Vauxhall instead based on the shape of the wing mirrors....

That’s bit of a sweeping statement isn’t it?
What makes you think a Puma customer is more likely to buy a Vauxhall next than a Fiesta customer?
Of course Ford are looking after the customers where there is more money pretty much like about every other business or service you can think of???
I agree it’s crap not having powerfold mirrors but it’s not just to annoy customers it’s so as Ford can still forfill as many orders as possible, most people managed without powerfold mirrors so was deemed to have the least impact. The Puma has also had revisions with auto headlamp levelling gone, door locking and mirror adjustment switches all being revised as well as launch assist etc.
Sorry, for context I was referring to “run of the mill” Puma buyers versus Fiesta ST buyers if that makes sense.

I get your other points, but when it comes to “looking after the customers where there is more money” I’ll refer you to my post up thread - I’m on first name terms with most of my local dealership!

There are Fiesta ST buyers and there are also Puma ST buyers so by that logic ‘run of the mill’ would also include all those Trend,Zetec or god knows what other fiesta models too would it not?
I’m not disagreeing with your sentiments but money makes the world go around as you well know, a loaded Puma ST retail is about £31/2k and loaded Fiesta ST about £26k? Production costs in general don’t change, the overheads are the same for producing a £15k car or a £50k car material costs are actually not so different but obviously the more premium the more cost. The Puma is produced in Romania and the Fiesta Germany, I will let you draw your own conclusion on that. I’m a loyal Ford customer like yourself but sadly the fact is money talks! 😁👍🏻
In regard to your first sentence, this is the point I’m trying to make. I’m buying a top of the range Fiesta yet Ford see a “cooking” model Puma as being more deserving of power fold mirrors for example, at least that’s how it appears. I’d have thought the flagship models across the range would be prioritised, whether it’s a Fiesta, Puma, Focus or whatever else. A fully loaded Fiesta ST is more than £26k but your point still stands, I get it when comparing to the Puma ST.

I’ve probably made this out to be a bigger issue for me personally than it actually is here, it’s really a minor annoyance but one I feel could have been avoided. 👍

Just seen this Black 3Dr ST3 on AutoTrader. I believe the extras do not take it to this price, may be just the price the dealer is selling? £30k though (GULP)

Just look at her though……….
Auto Trader UK - New and Used Cars For Sale
That looks fantastic, I’ve been waiting to see a 3dr in black, cheers!

Incidentally, my dealer called yesterday to say that my car has been allocated an estimated build date (end of this month). Does this actually mean anything, accepting of course that it is only an estimate?

You're right, it is too much. Its too much for you and its too much for me too. But for someone it won't be right now and over time what's perceived as expensive changes anyway.

For example if I had a time machine I'd buy all manner of historic fast Fords for the relative pittance that they were selling for then. Knowing the prices Mexico's, RS2000's and Cozzies go for now, you'd be mad not to.

Anyway, back on topic, that car will be gone before long and it won't take a price drop to shift it. All I'm saying is the 'crazy mad fool' who buys it might not be so silly after all, the desperation to secure one before they go will only get worse.
If I were impatient or needed a new car immediately I could make the “man maths” work at £30k. The big factor in my case is that my PE is worth far more than I anticipated, which would offset the rather cheeky uplift in price (we’re talking man maths here remember!). In reality I’m not tempted, but as you say somebody will snap it up, if they haven’t already.

Every time I see Mean Green I just want it more and more, unfortunate I'm stuck with White oh well haha looks mint mate great choice
It is really nice!

I’ve just checked out the photographs of the black three door posted a few pages back again, to reassure myself that I’ve made the right choice…. I still think I have (fortunately!) but the green looks amazing!

I’ve had no update since the beginning of May when I was given an estimated build date of the end of the month (as in May).

If mine is going to be changed to a 5dr I’ll cancel and either get something else or keep the PE. I quite fancy a MK1 Focus RS actually, or maybe a MK2.

Just spoken to my dealer and confirmed the car was now listed as a 5 door with no forward dates at all (previously dated July 23rd to dealer). That’s a complete fail on ford part. Enough to make me not want to bother with a brand again personally, if they can’t even be bothered to honour existing orders.
I’m Ford through and through and I’m concerned that they simply won’t have anything to offer me in the near future (if it’s true that they’re headed for a crossover/SUV only line up).

I reckon you're only option might be an electric Puma ST... I'm hoping that I'll just keep my 8.5 when it arrives. It'll be awful for those that write-off their brand new Fiesta/Focus ST's and have no option but to replace it with an over-priced used one.
Puma’s a no-no for me, I really don’t like it at all!

Schoolboy error there @Tsotsi8787 😬

Never ever ever give the Missus influence or control over car purchasing decisions or you'll be crying on the school run quicker than you can say Citroën Xara Picasso 😭

You did fantastically well to get a great driving car purchased before the kids took over. So if she says the car is too small just remind her that the car came first... so if anything has to go... its the kids 👍🏻

However big your kids get, however many you have, just keep squeezing them into the ST and keep telling her how roomy and practical it is 😉
I’m lucky, my Missus is very attached to her ST200 and would like a Racing Puma (she used to have a regular 1.7). :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.