Fiesta ST Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mk8/Mk8.5 Order Updates Only

227K views 3K replies 124 participants last post by  KenL 
I know most forums exist in a marque bubble but this is happening with every manufacturer, they're all prioritising the biggest sellers which for the most part seems to be bland economical family hatches and horrible SUVs. There's folk throwing their toys out the pram on every forum over wait times for anything interesting and going off to join the back of another queue, if you want something soon you need to pay over the odds for a used car otherwise it's a case of suck it up.

I'm not even entirely sure I want a new car now, if they're rushing semiconductors out the door to fulfil orders is quality control being compromised? Are the 2021/202X generation of cars going to be plagued by premature failure of electrical components?
No it won’t be comprised, if anything the quality control side will also be a part of the delay.

Why to which part? semi conductors will be made exactly the same way as they’ve been before the shortage, the processes can’t be sped up more than they run at, the chips that the semiconductors get used in probably have the same high quality standards as the semiconductor processes, the parts the chips into that’s another matter but, if the makers were happy to cobble them together and throw them in a car there wouldn’t be a shortage of the parts to go in the cars.

Yeh ok, and the UKs switch to electric cars is going to save the planet? Give me a break mate, I guess you’ve never heard of China and India? They are opening new coal power stations every week! They couldn’t give a rats ass about so called climate change, look it doesn’t matter whether I believe it or not, all I’m saying is ICE cars will be around for a long time yet, maybe not the UK, but the rest of the world still need them..
Of course they’ll still be around, they’ve not banned their use yet but, a lot of countries are stopping the sale of new ones, even china

That’s one country, impossible to do that in Australia, and most other countries, do you think people in third world places can afford to run out and buy a Tesla plus have the base load power and infrastructure to support it? Wake up! honestly you lot up there live in some bizarre bubble, if car companies stopped making ICE cars in 2yrs then many countries economy’s would collapse, how would people get around? It’s going to take a long time before the whole world is ready for it..
How would people get around? Same way they do now, by using the petrol/diesel powered vehicles.

That’s exactly right, the problem is everyone thinks switching everyone over to electric will be all hunky dory, it won’t be, enough base load power is a big problem, many cities around the world are only scraping by now to keep the lights on, what happens when everyone plugs there cars in? then another huge one is the battery waste, imagine millions and millions of these toxic batteries piling up, where are we going to put them all? Go google what these things will do to the environment, it’s scary, then you’ve got the costs to replace these batteries eventually, which are huge, you might as well buy a new car, how do people afford this? look the whole thing is just poorly thought out, That’s why I say ICE cars will be around for a long time yet..
No one has said they won’t be, there just wont be many new ones to buy, you can keep yours as long as you like or can, just like many others on the planet.
Do you just google the negatives of EV cars just to make yourself feel better or do you look into the advantages?

Also have to think that yes, electric vehicles are zero emission but only at point of use, think of the pollution, addition to climate change etc that goes into producing them, producing the power to charge them up, and as above, the damage that replacing / scrapping of the batteries will cause. Is it any better using an electric vehicle compared to an ICE one? The answer is probably out there but I am very sceptical that it’s much better.
Why don’t you research these answers and maybe reduce your scepticism?

I'm not against electric vehicles by any chance, but they can't just automatically be zero emission throughout the whole supply chain purely because they're zero emission at point of use. We may move away from fossil fuels to produce eletricity but then the next logical step is nuclear.. which comes with its own problems.
No one has said they are, how much more damaging are they during the build/ delivery process compared to an ICE vehicle?
we should have built more nuclear power stations, people negativity towards them is something else we can blame on the Russians.

I seem to remember someone mentioning that the spare wheel they had was for a 17" wheel and they had some trouble with it so it was exchanged for an 18" wheel fit ?
The ST needs a15” space saver to fit over the front brakes, non ST fiesta use the 14” spare.

Keithsson bought the correct wheel and kit, try the search to find the thread as it should have the part numbers in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.