Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,321 Posts
Pretty much the same here - they are aware of the potential move to the facelift but nothing has been confirmed to them. No confident answer on carrying over the ST3’s spec either. Not my dealer’s fault at all though.

I will be very disappointed if I lose out of any of the ST3’s standard equipment, unless the price is lowered to reflect the rather basic spec of the new car. The LED headlights and digital
display aren’t a sufficient compromise for the loss of heated seats, wheel, B&O, power folding and heated mirrors, in my opinion. Especially the loss of heated mirrors - I don’t think I’ve ever driven a car without heated mirrors. That’s a serious step backwards in terms of practicality.
You’re lucky you didn’t have the pleasure of driving or owning a MK1 fiesta popular. That came with one wing mirror, one sun visor, plastic seat covers with no head rests, no rear wiper and the wind screen water washers were controlled by a foot pump buy the clutch. Not sure how we managed back then, but we did 😆

·
Premium Member
2,321 Posts
Any idea how the Fiesta production line works? Are all Fiestas, inc the ST, just made on the same line, with the appropriate parts landing just as needed for the build? I know they can do clever things like that for factory trim options.
Or is the ST built as a batch run, or on a different line?
Just wondering if the ST waiting list is impacted by orders or transfers for non-ST cars?
in the ‘good old days’ Ford were pumping out a new fiesta every 86 seconds at the cologne factory (doesn’t quite answer your question)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts