Fiesta ST Forums banner
181 - 200 of 266 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm getting the pre-facelift, ordered it in June. Toyed with the updated model but came down to price in the end. I think they may say theres been changes to spec to get it to me quicker and if so I won't be taking delivery. Sorry I'm pretty stubborn! I sold my 68 reg ST3 6 weeks ago and have use of another car at the moment.
I ordered July, my last delivery update was 08/01/22
ordered ST3 in magnetic grey with LED lights and wireless charging.

i sold my golf GTD which i wish i didnt also, as driving around in a 1k astra is just awful at the moment

·
Registered
60 Posts
I sold my Polo to get maximum equity so I could come back to Ford. I've just had a very rare discussion with my dealer. Mine is an August order and currently the car is showing as confirmed on the system, still exactly as ordered and has a projected delivery of November but not expected to deliver before the end of January. That sounds to me like they are building as many as they can store and finishing them as the parts become available. He also doesn't think that they'll build them simultaneously. That they will finish all the back orders before beginning the new model with the ETA for them currently end of March / early April. I must say that a single conversation has made a huge difference.

You're right to be stubborn, unless there was a financial incentive should it come to it?

Are you wanting the car as soon as possible or are you quietly hoping you end up with the car you ordered on a 22 plate?
I wouldn't accept a financial incentive. Im happy to take car as soon as possible, its due at dealers first week in Jan. Driving a very comfy Mondeo at the moment but missing the ST already.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I ordered July, my last delivery update was 08/01/22
ordered ST3 in magnetic grey with LED lights and wireless charging.

i sold my golf GTD which i wish i didnt also, as driving around in a 1k astra is just awful at the moment
Ordered 7/6/21 due 1/1/22. ST3 in performance blue, LEDs and spare wheel. 5 door ordered as the 3 door was becoming a pain!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ordered 7/6/21 due 1/1/22. ST3 in performance blue, LEDs and spare wheel. 5 door ordered as the 3 door was becoming a pain!
yeah, i got 5 door to, IMO i think they just look a little better, plus often have parents in also, so easier for them

i am due another delivery update in 6 days, currently looking at s3 quattros and golf r's to scratch an itch if it gets put back further lol

problem is i end up paying more monthly for a used car around the same price i have paid for the ST new!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Haha.. I've got a brown Honda Jazz.. :ROFLMAO:

5 door, performance blue here too. Not gone for the LEDs though. It's funny the lengths we'll go to.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Haha.. I've got a brown Honda Jazz.. :ROFLMAO:

5 door, performance blue here too. Not gone for the LEDs though. It's funny the lengths we'll go to.
i asked on a facebook group and a few said the LED's are a must, i like the fact that allot of the options on other, come as standard on the ST3

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Living in rural Lincolnshire I'm looking forward to the LEDs as my Transit courier headlights are woefully bad, I'd be better off holding a Zippo up out the window.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have a tip off to suggest that the dealers might have had the call today and have information as to which cars will be built as ordered and which are to be moved to the facelift. I'm literally gutted if it's true! :cry:

Check with your dealers tomorrow folks, especially if you were later signing up.

Assuming it is true and at least a few of us are going to be offered like-for-like spec and price on the facelift but without the door modules, what do you intend to do? cancel, take it as offered, fight for a bit more?

I think I'd possibly go for it. On paper it is some car with the upgrades the facelift does have plus the now non-standard options that will presumably be added FoC. Wonder whether there is even the slightest chance they'll attempt to ease the blow by fitting the door modules. Unless I switch to the Puma though, I've missed my last chance to own a car with proper Recaro seats. I got the impression last night that things might be about to get a bit worse in terms of the semiconductor situation when even Apple now appear to have buckled somewhat under the shortages.

The colour situation will be interesting for those of us that ordered performance blue. If we go for a lower priced colour will that be accounted for?.. I've never been in anything like a situation like this.

@mirast You're a few months ahead of me and might get lucky. Let me know if you wanna sell your order?! :D

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have a tip off to suggest that the dealers might have had the call today and have information as to which cars will be built as ordered and which are to be moved to the facelift. I'm literally gutted if it's true! :cry:

Check with your dealers tomorrow folks, especially if you were later signing up.

Assuming it is true and at least a few of us are going to be offered like-for-like spec and price on the facelift but without the door modules, what do you intend to do? cancel, take it as offered, fight for a bit more?

I think I'd possibly go for it. On paper it is some car with the upgrades the facelift does have plus the now non-standard options that will presumably be added FoC. Wonder whether there is even the slightest chance they'll attempt to ease the blow by fitting the door modules. Unless I switch to the Puma though, I've missed my last chance to own a car with proper Recaro seats. I got the impression last night that things might be about to get a bit worse in terms of the semiconductor situation when even Apple now appear to have buckled somewhat under the shortages.

The colour situation will be interesting for those of us that ordered performance blue. If we go for a lower priced colour will that be accounted for?.. I've never been in anything like a situation like this.

@mirast You're a few months ahead of me and might get lucky. Let me know if you wanna sell your order?! :D

Ill update as soon as I get a hold of the dealer.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Normally the manufacturers where throwing the last of the old models out with big discounts to get them sold before any facelifts came out.

This is unheard of.

I have at least been told my car body is built and now painted so not expecting any offers to swap for a facelift model.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Normally the manufacturers where throwing the last of the old models out with big discounts to get them sold before any facelifts came out.

This is unheard of.

I have at least been told my car body is built and now painted so not expecting any offers to swap for a facelift model.
I got one said discount so it'd be bonkers to get the new one for the same price. It's the colours and the door modules that I'm so undecided about.

Having the VIN I'm told is a good sign they've committed to deliver as ordered.

181 - 200 of 266 Posts