Fiesta ST Forums banner
2361 - 2380 of 2482 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,361 ·
Holy smoke. I started this thread off many moons ago. Who would have thought it would get to page 118!!!!

I have been off the forums for a while now and massively enjoying my ST3. What an amazing car! I hope all you guys waiting for orders get yours really soon and are as happy with it as I am mine.

I still can't get on with those new MK8.5 seats though. I am glad I got in at the end of the MK8's with the Recaro seats.

·
Registered
Fiesta ST-2 Mk8
64 Posts
Holy smoke. I started this thread off many moons ago. Who would have thought it would get to page 118!!!!

I have been off the forums for a while now and massively enjoying my ST3. What an amazing car! I hope all you guys waiting for orders get yours really soon and are as happy with it as I am mine.

I still can't get on with those new MK8.5 seats though. I am glad I got in at the end of the MK8's with the Recaro seats.
When did you get your car in the end?

Can't be bothered trailing back through the whole discussion to find out!

I got my ST-2 (Mk8) in Sep last year and I wonder whether it was one of the last registered... Never seen another 71 plate Mk8 on the road.

·
Registered
Mk8 Frozen White ST3
73 Posts

I got my ST-2 (Mk8) in Sep last year and I wonder whether it was one of the last registered... Never seen another 71 plate Mk8 on the road.
According to this website FORD FIESTA ST-2 TURBO - How Many Left? Only 201 were registered in 2021, down from 2000+ in 2019! Your car is exceptionally rare - only 90 more 2021 ST2s than there are McLaren 720s :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
Fiesta ST-2 Mk8
64 Posts
According to this website FORD FIESTA ST-2 TURBO - How Many Left? Only 201 were registered in 2021, down from 2000+ in 2019! Your car is exceptionally rare - only 90 more 2021 ST2s than there are McLaren 720s :ROFLMAO:
Wow, that's an impressive stat to say the least!

So 201 for the whole of 2021, which means from Sep (71 plate) onwards there's probably significantly less that that.

What I do know is that if I ordered it even a month later, it could well have become a Mk8.5 order instead...

·
Registered
Mk8 Frozen White ST3
73 Posts
Wow, that's an impressive stat to say the least!

So 201 for the whole of 2021, which means from Sep onwards (71 plate) there is probably significantly less that that.
Yup! Interestingly there were about 300 ST3s, I'd have thought the cheaper ST2 would tempt a lot of people but there are more of them. So in total, only 500 STs were registered in 2021 - as a collective, we probably own about 20% or more of the 21 plates on the road today. Crazy to think we wield such power in ST owner's circles :p

·
Registered
Fiesta ST-2 Mk8
64 Posts
Yup! Interestingly there were about 300 ST3s, I'd have thought the cheaper ST2 would tempt a lot of people but there are more of them. So in total, only 500 STs were registered in 2021 - as a collective, we probably own about 20% or more of the 21 plates on the road today. Crazy to think we wield such power in ST owner's circles :p
Might be why I'm getting such a generous trade-in for it (£1500 more than new).

I'm really looking forward to the Mk8.5, as I really find the Recaros too snug.

Also mine doesn't have the PP, so I feel like I'm missing out a little there!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,369 ·

Picked mine up on September the 24th miles away from where I live in a mild panic about being able to get fuel. All turned out fine in the end.

Some amazing facts about the amount of ST's registered last year. The 71 plate ST owner is a rare creature it turns out.

·
Registered
Fiesta ST-2 Mk8
64 Posts
Picked mine up on September the 24th miles away from where I live in a mild panic about being able to get fuel. All turned out fine in the end.

Some amazing facts about the amount of ST's registered last year. The 71 plate ST owner is a rare creature it turns out.
Was 8th Sep for me. Although it sat in Liverpool for 6wks prior to that, due to not being able to get a Transporter to take it up to Scotland.

I was fully expecting the car in July and for it to be a 70 plate as well!

·
Registered
275 Posts
I hope so too!

Although if it's being built in August, then almost certainly be a September pickup.
It will all depend on how quickly they get shipped out, I've seen people waiting weeks for their cars to even leave a factory from Ford, mine was due to be at the dealer at the end of July, and it would've sat there until 1st Sept to get picked up, I'm not even hopeful for a mid-September pick up now tbf, especially with the lottery that is Ford's scheduling with orders into build dates. I'm not so bad with my Dec order, there's people still waiting who have ordered before me, but people put in a fresh order in Jan/Feb and they've had their cars built & collected... which makes zero sense. The 5 door thing for me isn't a deal breaker in the slightest, my past 2 cars have both been 5 doors, the thing that's annoying me so much is the fact I now can't go and pick it up when I want to, have it detailed that same day and then spend the weekend enjoying it!

2361 - 2380 of 2482 Posts