Fiesta ST Forums banner
2401 - 2420 of 2482 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I called into the dealership today as I was passing, to see if there was any update (and I thought there may have been one or two facelift STs to have a nosey at but there weren’t). The estimated build date is now the beginning of August, so in other words no real update, it’s just a rolling estimate.

As the car certainly hasn’t been built yet, am I now in danger of having my order changed to a 5dr? Is this actually confirmed?

Cheers.

I was talking to my dealer yesterday, and although Ford haven't confirmed it by official notice, they are not able to take anymore 2022 orders and 2023 orders only. He did say it looks very likely that if you don't have a chassis number or build slot by now then you'll be looking at a 5dr replacement.

Edit: obviously this is just hear-say so don't take it as final, not even the dealers truly know at the moment

·
Registered
275 Posts
I called into the dealership today as I was passing, to see if there was any update (and I thought there may have been one or two facelift STs to have a nosey at but there weren’t). The estimated build date is now the beginning of August, so in other words no real update, it’s just a rolling estimate.

As the car certainly hasn’t been built yet, am I now in danger of having my order changed to a 5dr? Is this actually confirmed?

Cheers.
It is confirmed 100%. it will have been changed to a 23MY

·
Registered
19 Posts

Cheers.
I was informed this week my 3 dr ST-2, ordered Jan ‘22 , has now been changed by FORD to a 5 dr. Seems like Ford are changing 3 dr orders, like it or lump it. Still unsure if I will have to pay the difference.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I was informed this week my 3 dr ST-2, ordered Jan ‘22 , has now been changed by FORD to a 5 dr. Seems like Ford are changing 3 dr orders, like it or lump it. Still unsure if I will have to pay the difference.
What you will pay (subject to VED & VAT changing, which I doubt) you'll pay whats on your order form, not what you get, unless your spec is changed for the worst, you should get that removed from the price. You have price protection, the only thing this doesn't incorporate is VED bands & VAT amount when you have the car registered.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Thanks to those who’ve replied to my query above. It looks as though I’m going to have cancel my order unfortunately which is a shame. The options are then try and get a roughly equivalent deal on a car in stock (which may be tricky) or go for something else altogether. A third option would be to keep my PE (complete with its rattles and vibrations!) which I’m not against by any means. Hmmm…. 🤔

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
They are asking you to pay more for a car you don't really want?
Surely they should wave the extra like they did with B&0 and winter pack for those who ordered a mk8 but got 8.5.

·
Registered
19 Posts
They are asking you to pay more for a car you don't really want?
Surely they should wave the extra like they did with B&0 and winter pack for those who ordered a mk8 but got 8.5.
I’m still waiting to hear from the dealer to what Ford will do when it comes to the price difference. That might be the deciding factor if I cancel the order. Car was ordered a month before the 3 dr model was pulled . To me it looks like they have run out of 3 dr bodies, so pushing the remainder on to the 5 dr.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Dropping my 2019 Magnetic ST3 off Tuesday and picking up my new Magnetic ST3......at least the seats will be different !
Dealer called 10 days ago and said a cancelled order which was in Dagenham. Was also offered a red ST3 this morning so it appears there are 3 doors to be had due to cancelled orders.

·
Registered
Fiesta ST2 MK 8.5 waiting
93 Posts
ok guys i need your help
those who picking up their mk8.5, have you the spare wheel in the options?
my dealer says this is the reason my order is delaying. and he says those who don't have the spare wheel option in their cars build faster
so i want to know if this is true or not.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Mine was a cancelled order, picking up Tuesday.
No spare wheel was ordered originally so none in it.
I asked the dealer to order me one but he has drawn a blank so I am guessing spare wheels are on a shortage.

While on this what is the spare wheel order number or which one for ST3 18" wheels as i believe there is a 'wrong' one that does not fit over 18" wheel breaks (sorry if diverting off topic in my reply)

·
Registered
Fiesta ST2 MK 8.5 waiting
93 Posts
I asked the dealer to order me one but he has drawn a blank so I am guessing spare wheels are on a shortage.

While on this what is the spare wheel order number or which one for ST3 18" wheels as i believe there is a 'wrong' one that does not fit over 18" wheel breaks (sorry if diverting off topic in my reply)
thank you for your reply, was helping

so now I will wait to see if there are more cars delivered recently without spare wheel

·
Registered
146 Posts
I’m picking mine up this week, hopefully Wednesday. I have spec’d the spare wheel, and according to the ETIS build spec it has it. I’ll find out for sure when I pick it up, but my dealer hasn’t told me anything is missing.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts

No such thing as 18" wheel brakes. ST brakes yes but nothing specific to having 18" wheels.

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
I seem to remember someone mentioning that the spare wheel they had was for a 17" wheel and they had some trouble with it so it was exchanged for an 18" wheel fit ?
The ST needs a15” space saver to fit over the front brakes, non ST fiesta use the 14” spare.

Keithsson bought the correct wheel and kit, try the search to find the thread as it should have the part numbers in it.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Forget 17" and 18" wheels guys, you're right to remember there's a difference but you are giving yourselves three more inches than reality 🍆 😉

The standard space saver spare for a Fiesta is a 14", but that won't fit round our larger brakes, we need the 15" space saver.

The ST needs a15” space saver to fit over the front brakes, non ST fiesta use the 14” spare.

Keithsson bought the correct wheel and kit, try the search to find the thread as it should have the part numbers in it.
'Yer tis'...

The kit concerned with all the part numbers is in post #21

JUST DON'T FORGET
...you need the 15" wheel not the 14" one as it won't clear our bigger brakes otherwise 👍

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Mine has a spare and arrived at the dealers at the start of June.
Double, then triple check it's a 15". It shouldn't happen anymore because it's a factory spec and not a dealer spec now but I was given the 14" by my dealership . If it's the wrong one it's better to find out now than when you have a puncture.

2401 - 2420 of 2482 Posts