Fiesta ST Forums banner
21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
New member and late to the party compared to others. Ordered an ST3 last week and was given end of November as a provisional finger in the air. Dealer said it was based on the latest guidance they'd had from Ford.

Fingers crossed, but prepared to wait longer if necessary. I'd been running a Polo for 18 months, but given the great prices on used cars moved it on and car sharing until I can pick up something cheap as an interim runaround.

Missed my Fiesta(s) and deal was just too good to turn down. This will be my first ST and feel like a kid on Christmas eve.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I phoned my dealer last week - ordered ST3 all options end of April for 1st Sept Delivery. Was told cpl of weeks ago it will be eta end of sept at dealers. Phoned last week and was told build date is 15th Sept so ETA first cpl of weeks in Oct at dealer. On the plus side, the dealer has said that he is going to look at the value of my car again which is an ST3 with all options and will be increasing the amount being offered. So he has stated that the amount i will pay will drop. So looking at the above i am expecting a bit of a jump in px value as mine was valued at end of april

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ah, just found an article saying they're shutting down for 'at least two weeks' from tomorrow due to the same lack of semiconductors.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just discovered some scummy repair practices by my former “regular” dealer so enquired elsewhere about if it is possible to transfer my order (March, delivery date Nov at soonest) over to deal with them. I ended up walking out with a brand new ST Edition expected in about 5 weeks.

so… there’s gonna be a (all but sunroof) fully specced ST-3 in performance blue going spare
In November if your dealer can nab it

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
Just discovered some scummy repair practices by my former “regular” dealer so enquired elsewhere about if it is possible to transfer my order (March, delivery date Nov at soonest) over to deal with them. I ended up walking out with a brand new ST Edition expected in about 5 weeks.

so… there’s gonna be a (all but sunroof) fully specced ST-3 in performance blue going spare
In November if your dealer can nab it
Oh you will not regret that decision in the slightest! The ST Edition is amazing. Plenty of photos if you look through my threads. The adjustable suspension just gives the ST that final edge it needs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
5 weeks 👀

I'm beginning to think my st Edition is going to be the last built.
I believe this one was ordered sometime ago and was at one point destined for another member of this forum :/ oops.
So that’s me, you, jimble.. at this rate we’ll be able account for all 300 from here alone! XD

·
Registered
83 Posts
So quick update. Had a call from the dealer today. was told couple of weeks ago build had moved to 15th Sept for delivery first cpl of weeks in Oct. Now been told that the Factory has shut down due to a COVID outbreak and build now moved to 6th Oct with delivery early Nov. As my existing car is on PCP and will be 3 years old from 1st Nov they have said that they will pay for the service on it and also MOT. He also said that as the value of my car has gone up - and ive got quotes from Motorway and WBAC, it will reduce the payments and prob wont have to put much in to keep payments approx same
He also said that all dealers have been told not to accept any more orders for Fiestas at all from Sept. They are guaranteeing build of Fiestas ordered pre September but obviously much delayed in build/delivery

·
Registered
7 Posts
So quick update. Had a call from the dealer today. was told couple of weeks ago build had moved to 15th Sept for delivery first cpl of weeks in Oct. Now been told that the Factory has shut down due to a COVID outbreak and build now moved to 6th Oct with delivery early Nov. As my existing car is on PCP and will be 3 years old from 1st Nov they have said that they will pay for the service on it and also MOT. He also said that as the value of my car has gone up - and ive got quotes from Motorway and WBAC, it will reduce the payments and prob wont have to put much in to keep payments approx same
He also said that all dealers have been told not to accept any more orders for Fiestas at all from Sept. They are guaranteeing build of Fiestas ordered pre September but obviously much delayed in build/delivery
They told me I ordered one of the last slots (at least via Evans Halshaw) when I ordered mine the other day, they told me end of Nov delivery but I imagine that will slip considerably

·
Registered
5 Posts
They told me I ordered one of the last slots (at least via Evans Halshaw) when I ordered mine the other day, they told me end of Nov delivery but I imagine that will slip considerably
Sounds like you're exactly the same as me. I ordered mine two weeks ago and the end of November was the same but it always felt like a finger in the air guess. Then last week I found the article stating that Fiesta production was shutting down "for at least two weeks". That will take them up to the middle of next week. So not expecting them starting up again before Monday 20th. Apparently the chips all come from a place in Malaysia and the plant that makes them has had a Covid outbreak.

What date did you order yours? Really interesting that we've got the last slots and wonder if they are totally safe. Ordered mine 23rd August with Trust Ford. I put it to them what would happen if we started to get towards the facelift new model, or the 22 plates. He said that he gets the question a lot and there is always some possibility of that, but that the price on the new model will be higher so that I'd not get the same deal again. It sounds to me though that shutting down orders is their way of catching up and perhaps even closing out the MK8? Have to have faith that the giant that Ford is knows what they are doing.

So who wants the very last one off the line on the 24th December, finishing touches by the work experience kid cos everyone else is down the pub.. :eek:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sounds like you're exactly the same as me. I ordered mine two weeks ago and the end of November was the same but it always felt like a finger in the air guess. Then last week I found the article stating that Fiesta production was shutting down "for at least two weeks". That will take them up to the middle of next week. So not expecting them starting up again before Monday 20th. Apparently the chips all come from a place in Malaysia and the plant that makes them has had a Covid outbreak.

What date did you order yours? Really interesting that we've got the last slots and wonder if they are totally safe. Ordered mine 23rd August with Trust Ford. I put it to them what would happen if we started to get towards the facelift new model, or the 22 plates. He said that he gets the question a lot and there is always some possibility of that, but that the price on the new model will be higher so that I'd not get the same deal again. It sounds to me though that shutting down orders is their way of catching up and perhaps even closing out the MK8? Have to have faith that the giant that Ford is knows what they are doing.

So who wants the very last one off the line on the 24th December, finishing touches by the work experience kid cos everyone else is down the pub.. :eek:
My order was on 2nd Sep, but I was told I only had the option of the 3 door (fine with me, it’s what I wanted anyway), so it made me wonder if I had an order that someone else cancelled (I added a load of options so had to put a deposit of £2k down)

I’m kind of happy to get a current Mk8 rather than facelift either way, but it’ll be interesting if there ends up being overlaps of any kind

I did wonder how much of ‘you’re getting the last one’ was a ploy to get an order that day, mind you - but it must be nearing the last one, however you can still build and place an order for one from the Ford website now

·
Registered
5 Posts
Perhaps they build the 3/5 doors on different lines and they hadn't entirely exhausted the 3dr bucket at the time. Mine is 5dr for the school run. I know what you mean about still being able to build one on the website, but presumably there has to be a transition point at some point and Covid might just have brought their plans ahead and before all the marketing bumf is ready to go on the new one.

I did a Carwow earlier this week and you literally don't get any offers now - so ties in with what you and others have been told too.

As and when I find out other snippets I'll update here.

·
Registered
MK8 Fiesta ST 2018 M235
3,025 Posts
Perhaps they build the 3/5 doors on different lines and they hadn't entirely exhausted the 3dr bucket at the time. Mine is 5dr for the school run. I know what you mean about still being able to build one on the website, but presumably there has to be a transition point at some point and Covid might just have brought their plans ahead and before all the marketing bumf is ready to go on the new one.

I did a Carwow earlier this week and you literally don't get any offers now - so ties in with what you and others have been told too.

As and when I find out other snippets I'll update here.
Or maybe you can order some of the preconfigured cars that have been cancelled by a customer or ordered by dealer. I know I have got a few of those to get quicker delivery. You can configure and change the offer to a certain point so maybe thats the reason some places are still taking orders.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Or maybe you can order some of the preconfigured cars that have been cancelled by a customer or ordered by dealer. I know I have got a few of those to get quicker delivery. You can configure and change the offer to a certain point so maybe thats the reason some places are still taking orders.
I did ask that off the back of Technogamer's earlier post about dropping the ST3 order. The answer I got was that all non-contracted orders have been dropped to prioritise the ones people are waiting for. I suspect therefore that such orders have been absorbed back in to the system by Ford themselves to speed up someone's delivery. It feels like a lot of it is now out of the hands of the dealers.

I think I'm wrong on the Mk8/9 thing too. Just been doing a bit more googling. It's just a facelift/refinement of the current car. MCA (mid cycle action) I believe those in the know call it. Google Fiesta facelift and you'll get an article from Autoexpress showing the new car from two weeks ago - set for late 2021 arrival.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts