Fiesta ST Forums banner
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,716 Posts
A £2k deposit is asking a bit much!
I paid £300 that is returned on taking delivery.

·
Registered
7 Posts
A £2k deposit is asking a bit much!
I paid £300 that is returned on taking delivery.
They took 2k as they said the deposit had to cover the options I’d selected or something along those lines, the rest of the finance deal was pretty decent - pay 14k up front and then nothing for 2 years where I’d pay the balance, I’m planning on keeping the car anyway, I could have got away with a small deposit and a monthly payment, but I preferred this option

I basically ticked every option bar the pano sunroof 😂

·
Registered
15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,716 Posts
My car is due 9 October. Have asked dealer if there is any update.
Heard back from dealer today. Looks like my car has slipped by about 3 weeks.

Hopefully collect early November. No big deal as I have my ST2 which is fab.

Only slight annoyance is that it needs servicing soon. I have the service contract so no cost, just the inconvenience.

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
To be honest I reckon you'd have had a case for them covering the ST2 service cost even if you hadn't got a service contract @KenL

It would've been a cost you weren't expecting because they initially gave an earlier delivery date. In my head that would've been a case of 'its your delay, so you pay' 🤨

·
Premium Member
1,716 Posts
To be honest I reckon you'd have had a case for them covering the ST2 service cost even if you hadn't got a service contract @KenL

It would've been a cost you weren't expecting because they initially gave an earlier delivery date. In my head that would've been a case of 'its your delay, so you pay' 🤨
Really? When is a car delivery ever guaranteed?

I could always ask of course but given that I have paid upfront for 3 services I am not too fussed.

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
As I say, hypothetical in your case.

I'm certain someone on here got something similar recently... if you don't ask you don't get 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
83 Posts
Really? When is a car delivery ever guaranteed?

I could always ask of course but given that I have paid upfront for 3 services I am not too fussed.
My car is also due service at end of October and also MOT. as part of the agreement i signed at back end of April for initial 1st Sept delivery my last service was being rolled over to my new car and therefore my service deal for 3 years on my new car would have been just for 2 services as my last one has rolled over. My car has also slipped for early November delivery and my dealer when they phoned last week said they will service and mot my existing ST3 at no cost to me at all and will also roll over a service so that i only pay for 2 services as part of a 3 year service deal. Hope this helps. I would have a chat to your dealer as the date slipping is not your fault

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Did your delivery slip at all?
Oh yeah it sure did. Ordered right at the start of April for a June delivery. Then late July. Then it was going to be November but I got a little lucky. Somebody at the same dealership cancelled their order. Same spec and colour as mine so I am getting his. Hopefully will be driving it home early October.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts