Fiesta ST Forums banner
1181 - 1200 of 1266 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Just cba waiting if I am honest mate. Going looking at a m140i this weekend
Hi @Andyyyd you will love the M140i, I had an M240i for just over two years until I had a change in luck, best car I have ever owned...Fast, exciting and playful in the damp, unusable in icey weather but just epic!👍🏻

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi @Andyyyd you will love the M140i, I had an M240i for just over two years until I had a change in luck, best car I have ever owned...Fast, exciting and playful in the damp, unusable in icey weather but just epic!👍🏻
Yeah mate I can’t wait if I honest, going testing driving this weekend

·
Premium Member
2,285 Posts
Looks amazing.

On your old car, what happened to cause it to need a new engine? Was it driven with no oil or coolant in it?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Looks amazing.

On your old car, what happened to cause it to need a new engine? Was it driven with no oil or coolant in it?
Oil pressure issues caused by a disintegrating wet belt, blocking the filter over time and some other issues on inspection apparently - it’s been driven with the red oil light on for maybe 6-7 miles (had no choice) but other than that nah - been looked at by two garages as well

supposedly common on the 1.0l eco boost, belt fails earlier than the 100k lifetime, in my case 65k

just horrible luck I think - and also, I think the previous owner did not look after it at all, I’ve had a few problems

·
Registered
26 Posts
Latest supply update:
Okay to buy pushed back one week to 24th January due to headlight supply issues with a number of vehicles being removed from schedule.
Rescheduling plan to be decided
Fresh orders will now be built from June on.
So all in all not good news lads.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Can I add an ST3 Edition update? I was on here in November bemoaning the fact that they weren't going to make my car. The upshot is that after a lot of wrangling and discussion with the senior bod at the dealership head office, I got confirmation in December that it would be going ahead. Currently expecting the car into the UK on 22Jan.
Can I say a huge thank you to everyone here, who not only listened to me moan, but gave really sensible advice and enabled me to go back and argue. I think otherwise I might have just accepted it at face value. Hopefully will be able to collect in early Feb...:)

·
Registered
Fiesta ST2 MK 8.5 waiting
17 Posts
Latest supply update:
Okay to buy pushed back one week to 24th January due to headlight supply issues with a number of vehicles being removed from schedule.
Rescheduling plan to be decided
Fresh orders will now be built from June on.
So all in all not good news lads.
i am thinking if this is only for the new matrix led unit..... for those who waiting the st2 mk8.5 with standart full led headlight are not effected by this supply issue?

·
Premium Member
1,008 Posts
Can I add an ST3 Edition update? I was on here in November bemoaning the fact that they weren't going to make my car. The upshot is that after a lot of wrangling and discussion with the senior bod at the dealership head office, I got confirmation in December that it would be going ahead. Currently expecting the car into the UK on 22Jan.
Can I say a huge thank you to everyone here, who not only listened to me moan, but gave really sensible advice and enabled me to go back and argue. I think otherwise I might have just accepted it at face value. Hopefully will be able to collect in early Feb...:)
Excellent news, possibly be the last Edition to the UK and a very rare 22 registered car, making it worth at least a fiver more 👀
Only a couple others that I know of.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Sounds like it might be here with mine then as mine has just been pushed back to first week in February. If it arrives any later I will wait until March and get it on a new plate.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Had it since 9:15 this morning and am overjoyed with it, awesome car - the puddle lights are a funny addition to me, forgot about them and they gave me a big smile tonight when it got dark 😂

only thing that isn’t quite right is the car registers the rear passenger seatbelt needs to be plugged in or it gives a warning message as if someone is sat there, not a big deal but it will be something I look at or mentioning to the dealer - hopefully an easy fix 😊

·
Premium Member
2,285 Posts
Congrats.

Does the car "bong" because it thinks someone is in the seat? Is it just one of the 3?

Temp fix is of course to plug it in.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Congrats.

Does the car "bong" because it thinks someone is in the seat? Is it just one of the 3?

Temp fix is of course to plug it in.
Correct, yeah - it’s just plugged in now so it just shows the seatbelt as plugged in when starting the car to stop the bongs, no big deal 😊

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
Had it since 9:15 this morning and am overjoyed with it, awesome car - the puddle lights are a funny addition to me, forgot about them and they gave me a big smile tonight when it got dark 😂

only thing that isn’t quite right is the car registers the rear passenger seatbelt needs to be plugged in or it gives a warning message as if someone is sat there, not a big deal but it will be something I look at or mentioning to the dealer - hopefully an easy fix 😊
If you mean the red exclamation mark that comes up for the corrsponding seat position on the dashboard prompt. Our Focus does this periodically, the fix is simple.

The 'female' catch seems to think its still being impregnated by the 'male' clasp. The release just seems to stick randomly.

The simple remedy is three or four rapid presses of the red button to clear it. Job done 👍

·
Registered
70 Posts
If you mean the red exclamation mark that comes up for the corrsponding seat position on the dashboard prompt. Our Focus does this periodically, the fix is simple.

The 'female' catch seems to think its still being impregnated by the 'male' clasp. The release just seems to stick randomly.

The simple remedy is three or four rapid presses of the red button to clear it. Job done 👍
Awesome, cheers mate I’ll try that tomorrow, glad I mentioned it on here now 😊

1181 - 1200 of 1266 Posts