Fiesta ST Forums banner
141 - 160 of 266 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
I think it's the same for Ford though isn't it on the Focus and Puma? They're still knocking them out ok.

If anyone gets a call in the next two weeks asking if they'd like to switch to the new car then please let us know on here. I'll be the last to know from the dealer. If they were to offer and match the spec I'm warming to the new car a little bit. The loss of a blue colour that I love and the seats I think are my remaining sticking points. Maybe black, and just get over the seats!? :cool: then let myself enthuse about the extra torque and digital cluster as a bonus. Still think it's off they've not got the new car on the website yet.

I'd be wanting to push it to March earliest though to get a 22 plate..

·
Registered
254 Posts
My mate is waiting on a new BMW. Ordered about 3 months ago, car is built and on its way to the dealer.

Not a moments delay.
A friend of mine has just ordered a new Mini CooperS due to the inflated price of his 18 month old CooperS and has been told the end of Jan/Feb at best, he said in the past Mini has been 6-8 weeks! so I guess some are lucky and some are not?

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Its not it's shallow superficial form, it's deeper than that, I don't like what one becomes when one owns one @KenL ...and I speak from experience 😔

See also all the other models in the 'worst cars on the roads' thread... Audi and Strange Rovers etc. It engenders a misplaced sense of superiority, a belief of entitlement, a status it doesn't merit.

A super car can write those cheques and cash them, a middle of the road sales rep car does not... yet the driver mindset is that they are some sort of Saudi Prince in a gold plated Ferrari.

Stuff that, I grew up, I didn't like what I'd become, I now drive a Ford Fiesta.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
I've driven plenty of BMWs old and new, 1.6 TD to M3 and M4 and various hot versions in between. A place I used to work had them as company cars and various friends and family have had them and keep telling me "they are different now, you'll love it"

I don't like the driving position at all it maybe because I'm tall but can never get comfortable, are all German people short?

I don't find anything looks wise offensive in or out, apart from the latest front grill, but they are a little bit dull not Golf GTi dull but Audi dull.

Also the hyped "German engineering" is over used and out of date. Build quality is still good but their reliability is falling fast on the JD power survey.

I'd sooner go Japanese than German (brand) for reliability, quality and customer service.
But here I am with a Ford 😂
"No one does a scrappy hot hatch like Ford!" Chris Harris Top Gear

·
Registered
84 Posts
That post Twiddle entirely covers why I got rid of the Polo and hated hit. All the ingredients are there for a great car.. decent build, ok looks, nice gadgets, drives ok.. and then the last thing they did at the factory was to skim off every single drop of charisma. The best German car we've ever had was a Bora TDI. I don't know anything about BMW and have never been tempted. As we mention Top Gear - I remember the time they put a BMW badge on a dog turd many a year ago and wrongly that image has stuck in my mind.

I'm back to Ford - originally I was selling it myself based on the 0% for two years and was in for a Puma Vignale. Then a bit of finger wandering on the carwow app actually told me I could get the Fiesta ST for less. I'd always wanted one and being a family man thought the day had passed. But a 5-door ST is a good compromise for a 2nd car in the family so I can still have something that I will love.

My very first brand new car was an Impreza and I've had little Hondas too with that wonderful vtec engine.. So I too love my Japanese cars. The GR would be my I've won the lottery run around, but to me at the moment the ST is the next best thing. It's just a shame that things are so up in the air, and despite having ordered I don't know what I'll end up with and when.

Trying the Puma ST this lunch time cos I'm still curious. Even though the Puma WRC will essentially still be a Fiesta in a marketing disguise, the draw of the WRC is in my mind too.

·
Registered
153 Posts
That post Twiddle entirely covers why I got rid of the Polo and hated hit. All the ingredients are there for a great car.. decent build, ok looks, nice gadgets, drives ok.. and then the last thing they did at the factory was to skim off every single drop of charisma. The best German car we've ever had was a Bora TDI. I don't know anything about BMW and have never been tempted. As we mention Top Gear - I remember the time they put a BMW badge on a dog turd many a year ago and wrongly that image has stuck in my mind.

I'm back to Ford - originally I was selling it myself based on the 0% for two years and was in for a Puma Vignale. Then a bit of finger wandering on the carwow app actually told me I could get the Fiesta ST for less. I'd always wanted one and being a family man thought the day had passed. But a 5-door ST is a good compromise for a 2nd car in the family so I can still have something that I will love.

My very first brand new car was an Impreza and I've had little Hondas too with that wonderful vtec engine.. So I too love my Japanese cars. The GR would be my I've won the lottery run around, but to me at the moment the ST is the next best thing. It's just a shame that things are so up in the air, and despite having ordered I don't know what I'll end up with and when.

Trying the Puma ST this lunch time cos I'm still curious. Even though the Puma WRC will essentially still be a Fiesta in a marketing disguise, the draw of the WRC is in my mind too.
Hello Bluecat
I had a Mk8 Fiesta ST3 for 2 half years and just handed it back to my dealer with loads of equity in it.
I've placed a order the end of August for a Ford Puma ST and have a build date of October 30th for delivery to my dealer 4th December.
I fancied a change and loved the test drive.

·
Premium Member
1,811 Posts
I've driven plenty of BMWs old and new, 1.6 TD to M3 and M4 and various hot versions in between. A place I used to work had them as company cars and various friends and family have had them and keep telling me "they are different now, you'll love it"

I don't like the driving position at all it maybe because I'm tall but can never get comfortable, are all German people short?

I don't find anything looks wise offensive in or out, apart from the latest front grill, but they are a little bit dull not Golf GTi dull but Audi dull.

Also the hyped "German engineering" is over used and out of date. Build quality is still good but their reliability is falling fast on the JD power survey.

I'd sooner go Japanese than German for reliability, quality and customer service.
But here I am with a Ford 😂
"No one does a scrappy hot hatch like Ford!" Chris Harris Top Gear
Your ST is German. 😉

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hello Bluecat
I had a Mk8 Fiesta ST3 for 2 half years and just handed it back to my dealer with loads of equity in it.
I've placed a order the end of August for a Ford Puma ST and have a build date of October 30th for delivery to my dealer 4th December.
I fancied a change and loved the test drive.
Oh my.. now I have a decision on my hands.. I absolutely loved that and now want the Puma. What's the beef with cancelling orders and getting deposits back? are they likely to put up much of a fight with the delays and uncertainty?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have absolutely no clue which way to go.. The Puma was really nice, but it's a lot more money.. on the other hand, the Fiesta is very much a when/if - but it is cheaper and as a second car I'm not needing it to be practical, it will potentially just a be little more raw fun. I could sit tight with the Fiesta and just put up with a terrible dealer, or I could take them on and fight for my deposit back.

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
I do like the Puma. Funky looking car. 👍
But its an SUV. It could look as funky as heck but it still doesn't make chalk into cheese.

It depends what you are looking for of course but comparing to or swapping from a gnarly hot hatch is like swapping silk boxers for hessian y-fronts.

I've found it increasingly bizarre just how many posters recently are prepared to take a poor substitute for what they really want... just so they can get it quicker.

Surely one either wants a hot hatch or one doesn't 🤔

Something is as good as a Fiesta ST is worth the investment of infinite patience is it not?

·
Registered
84 Posts
But its an SUV. It could look as funky as heck but it still doesn't make chalk into cheese.

It depends what you are looking for of course but comparing to or swapping from a gnarly hot hatch is like swapping silk boxers for hessian y-fronts.

I've found it increasingly bizarre just how many posters recently are prepared to take a poor substitute for what they really want... just so they can get it quicker.

Surely one either wants a hot hatch or one doesn't 🤔

Something is as good as a Fiesta ST is worth the investment of infinite patience is it not?
I absolutely know what you mean, but the Puma ST is no typical SUV either. You're spot on right that the Fiesta will be the raw drivers car still, but I was pleasantly surprised by the Puma too. My thing is a little more complex than just timescales. I think if someone could officially confirm that I will eventually definitely get the ST-3 I've ordered then my brain wouldn't be scattered about it and I'd just wait as long as it takes.

The Fiesta is actually the 'sensible' option cos of the costs associated with the uplift to the Puma. My order of preference would be 1. The ST-3 I ordered 2. Puma ST 3. Facelift ST-3

141 - 160 of 266 Posts