Fiesta ST Forums banner
161 - 180 of 266 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
If the figures are right then I'm going with the Puma. Just need my deposit back. I can't pick between them in terms of the cars, so bottom line my decision has come down to the intolerable rudeness of the dealer.
ha, as if, just looking at Puma ST's now myself lol

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
You must all do what's right for yourselves of course, and each to their own as always. It's just thst viewing from the sidelines it still makes little sense to pass over the chance of a top level hot hatch for a more expensive suped up 'school run Mum' car.

I'm a Ford man, from a Ford family so I get the 'sticking with Ford' thing but an 'apples for apples' swap would surely be more logical wouldn't it... a hot hatch from another manufacturer?

I mean, why place the order for a FiST in the first place?

I wouldn't be surprised if within the year you're not driving your Puma and casting an envious glance at the back end of a Fiesta you can't keep up with in the bends ☹

·
Registered
84 Posts
Crash-qai as Torque puts it.. i'll off an alternative, slightly tweaked name of Trash-qai or just simply what it is, a Kadjar. We've just sent a lease back 6 months early before it bankrupted us in its fourth year. We may have had a pup, but what a useless, flimsy piece of (^*(£^ that car was and I hated every essence of it. I mean it must be me, or we must have been unlucky as there are just so many of em.

So, new Fez, Boundless Blue or Mean Green? ;) Blue is a bit polite and the green a bit shouty... otherwise it's a neutral black.. I'm getting pricing for it with the winter pack & B&O to compare with the Puma.

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
Crash-qai as Torque puts it.. i'll off an alternative, slightly tweaked name of Trash-qai or just simply what it is, a Kadjar. We've just sent a lease back 6 months early before it bankrupted us in its fourth year. We may have had a pup, but what a useless, flimsy piece of (^*(£^ that car was and I hated every essence of it. I mean it must be me, or we must have been unlucky as there are just so many of em.

So, new Fez, Boundless Blue or Mean Green? ;) Blue is a bit polite and the green a bit shouty... otherwise it's a neutral black.. I'm getting pricing for it with the winter pack & B&O to compare with the Puma.
100% Green!

·
Registered
60 Posts

If its any help I was quoted 25,750 in green, B&O, winter pack and spare wheel for ST3

·
Registered
84 Posts
If its any help I was quoted 25,750 in green, B&O, winter pack and spare wheel for ST3
Cheers mirast, that does help thanks. I've just had this through though on the new Fiesta.. "Titanium Vignale, ST Line Vignale, Active Vignale and ST - No heated mirrors, No one-press windows, No power folding mirrors, No puddle lights"

The price for me isn't taking these missing functions in to consideration. I know you said you are expecting your car to be delivered as ordered. Have you any doubts that you are more likely to receive a call with some different options instead? such as the pre-facelift with the same limitations to get them finished and delivered?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Cheers mirast, that does help thanks. I've just had this through though on the new Fiesta.. "Titanium Vignale, ST Line Vignale, Active Vignale and ST - No heated mirrors, No one-press windows, No power folding mirrors, No puddle lights"

The price for me isn't taking these missing functions in to consideration. I know you said you are expecting your car to be delivered as ordered. Have you any doubts that you are more likely to receive a call with some different options instead? such as the pre-facelift with the same limitations to get them finished and delivered?
I'm getting the pre-facelift, ordered it in June. Toyed with the updated model but came down to price in the end. I think they may say theres been changes to spec to get it to me quicker and if so I won't be taking delivery. Sorry I'm pretty stubborn! I sold my 68 reg ST3 6 weeks ago and have use of another car at the moment.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I sold my Polo to get maximum equity so I could come back to Ford. I've just had a very rare discussion with my dealer. Mine is an August order and currently the car is showing as confirmed on the system, still exactly as ordered and has a projected delivery of November but not expected to deliver before the end of January. That sounds to me like they are building as many as they can store and finishing them as the parts become available. He also doesn't think that they'll build them simultaneously. That they will finish all the back orders before beginning the new model with the ETA for them currently end of March / early April. I must say that a single conversation has made a huge difference.

You're right to be stubborn, unless there was a financial incentive should it come to it?

Are you wanting the car as soon as possible or are you quietly hoping you end up with the car you ordered on a 22 plate?

161 - 180 of 266 Posts