Fiesta ST Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mk8/Mk8.5 Order Updates Only

228K views 3K replies 124 participants last post by  KenL 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
As mentioned in a few threads now I ordered a white ST3 at the beginning of April. As we all know delays hit and well delayed from July to August to September and now to October / November :mad::mad:.

This caused me to start thinking about an I 20N and canceling my order. I rang my dealer and was 100% honest about this and said I am 50/50 on canceling as I can get the I20N in late September. Anyway, he said luckily someone just canceled an identical spec white ST3. Basically, std with LED headlamps is my spec. So I am now collecting at the end of September or early October with a little luck. Not bad I thought.

Now the point of all this waffle. He mentioned that my part ex valuation will have gone up and he will also rework the figures. Basically, I agreed on a PCP deal with a maximum 35% deposit. So now instead of giving my old car up and paying another £750 I will be giving my old car up and collecting £500 as well as the new car. My part x has gone up £1200 since April :cool:. I was thinking about this anyway but the dealer brought it up not me. Can't rate the service I have had from them higher so far. Still have to get the car though but I hope it continues. :)

Anyway, any of you out there with old part x valuations and delayed cars should get the dealers to look at the figures again.

I hope this post helps save at least someone some money and sorry it was a little long.

See less See more
#111 ·
According to the articles, not even the Focus which is built at the same plant is having quite the same problems. Whether that is the diversion of chips towards the Focus and Puma or if they just use different chips, dunno. Maybe from a corporate standpoint, diverting all your stocks to the higher priced models to keep production running there makes business sense. Maybe the 5000 or so that work on the Fiesta is less than those that work on the Focus so less people are affected etc. Thinking generally in terms of any spec in the respective lines, if you were Ford would you want to provide the 20 or so chips needed to complete a car and draw down the money from a £24k Focus or an £18k Fiesta?

Apart from the wait time and all the patience I need to find (I'm terrible at patience :) ) - I do find it quite interesting what will be going on in the background. What decisions are being made etc. What happens when they really have to start building the new Fiesta, will they fulfil every single order of the old shape, will the last ones drop as 22 plates which will make them quite desirable too.

The irony is too, I can't get a single piece of information out of my dealer - but the dealer I nearly went with I can have an interesting e-mail conversation with about the ins and outs of what's going on even though at this point it looks like he doesn't stand to gain anything. Just goes to show that there is no need for blatant rudeness - the review at the end of this is gonna stink for my chosen dealer.

#112 ·
Just to throw my experience into the mix, I ordered an ST3 in May and the estimated delivery has moved from October to roughly the end of the year. My dealer has been proactive though - fortnightly calls without any prompting from me, and never over promising (in fact, he's always said he's hesitant to give me a specific date as it's so changeable).

If it's any use to anyone, I brought up the potential issue of my contract finishing before I get the new car (which seems likely to happen now) and he said my monthly payments would just continue as they are - a way of Ford owning up to the problem. I'm not sure of the specifics so I think I'll get in touch with Ford Credit next week to find out exactly what's going to happen.

I might also bring up the part-ex value of the current car, which I assume has increased. Perhaps I can get them to knock off the remaining £500 deposit payment or something...

#113 ·
Just to throw my experience into the mix, I ordered an ST3 in May and the estimated delivery has moved from October to roughly the end of the year. My dealer has been proactive though - fortnightly calls without any prompting from me, and never over promising (in fact, he's always said he's hesitant to give me a specific date as it's so changeable).

If it's any use to anyone, I brought up the potential issue of my contract finishing before I get the new car (which seems likely to happen now) and he said my monthly payments would just continue as they are - a way of Ford owning up to the problem. I'm not sure of the specifics so I think I'll get in touch with Ford Credit next week to find out exactly what's going to happen.

I might also bring up the part-ex value of the current car, which I assume has increased. Perhaps I can get them to knock off the remaining £500 deposit payment or something...
Yeah, your PX should be a good bit better at the moment. Your dealer seems fairly assured you will get your car as order at some stage then? No doubts of them trying to sell you the new one instead?

#115 ·
My dealer has come back with a price for new model and has been great at answering my questions over the last couple of days. I am going to stick with the pre facelift just because of the price difference and hope it arrives in the early new year. I got rid of my 68 reg ST3 a month ago just because of the trade in value and I have use of another car until the new one arrives.

#116 ·
Hi all, new user here, just wanted to share my recent ordering experience in these uncertain times 😬

So, before being aware of all those part shortage and delays, and right before learning of the new facelift, I ordered a moonlight silver ST on august 27th. Talk about bad timing !
But last monday, the dealer phoned me with a bit of bad but also good news : it turned out he couldn't place the order because in my country Ford apparently retroactively stopped taking order for the pre-facelift model on the 25th of august (I live in France btw so it may be different in the UK or anywhere else for that matter), two days before I signed for mine. That was the bad news, but the good one is that he would switch my order to the facelift one, for the same price since it was Ford's fault that mine couldn't be ordered, and putting all the various options back in : I had taken the diff which is now standard, rear camera, etc, so basically he will put the B&O system and heating seats back on the new one, among other things. Totally fine by me since I was actually contemplating phoning him to switch anyway !

One thing I very much doubt though, is the color : he said he would order it in moonlight silver but the 22 model doesn't seem to have that color available, at least in the UK, can't see why it would be in France... 🧐 I'll phone him on monday to see if everything went as he said, otherwise I'll be perfectly happy switching to magnetic gray or even the new green which look absolutely fantastic at least in the promo pictures.

March delivery though. The long wait ahead sucks a little, but it is what it is. One last bit of info he gave me was that the production of the new facelift model would start on november 22nd, which is oddly specific, and on a monday, so probably a real info he got from his bosses at Ford. Anyway, if that's the case, I hope my little ST will be among the first to enter production since the initial order was two days after they stopped taking order for the previous model... one can dream, hey ! 😃 But anyway, March would be reasonably fine since I don't fancy getting a brand new car in the middle of winter... 😨

#123 ·
I got rid of my Polo just after doing the deal for mine, similarly to get the highly inflated price for it. After they'd taken a copy of the V5 for the dealer deposit promo. I'm therefore no longer eligible for that discount if I do another deal, and for that reason the Puma ST when compared with the deal I've done comes in at £70 per month more. I don't think the new Fiesta will be a million miles off the Puma price once you add the bits back on. I've bought a little banger to run around in, so 4 months to be eligible for the discount again takes me to mid January. If there's no sign on my order coming by then, I'll start doing some price comparisons then if they still have that offer on.

#126 ·
Ive been talking with my dealer about changing my Mk8 ST3 as the pcp is up in Jan. Im currently paying £277 a month. They can put me in an identical spec as mine ( they have several on order for Nov delivery)for £250 a month or the facelift in green with winter pack for £305 a month, expected delivery in March/April.
Ive decided to stay with what i have. Ive done a couple of bits to it including a map and some hardware so would have to buy the map again again and sod about swapping the hardware over.
I didnt see the point of going from one ST3 to another one and for me the extra £25 a month for a digital dash and matrix lights wasn't worthwhile. I have LED on mine and im happy with them.
I tested a Puma ST as i was curious and wanted to see the new dash and it just wasnt good enough to make the swap.
Im struggling to find anything to change into as the ST is just so good and well suited to my needs. And with 253hp its no slouch either!

#131 ·
I asked my dealer for an update on my early September order and they still believe it will be before Christmas - based on some of the other updates from people with much earlier orders I’m not convinced - but they said they had tracked other outstanding orders as well

Time will tell I guess

#132 ·
Christmas is quite short!

Normally they start the production again at the end of October!

#137 ·
I've made the other dealer aware of my actions as well so if they want to apply pressure from their side they can do. I either want to lift and shift my order as is, or if not then permit me to transfer the proof of having a car for 4 months (I sold the Polo). If they'll allow me to do the latter then I'll cancel my order and re-order a Puma ST with the other dealer.

#138 ·
Right, bit of an update.. I went to the manager of my existing dealer in a bit of a grump to finally have it confirmed that my August order ST3 in Performance Blue is now not expected before the end of January. "Nothing has changed on your date in some time". So it obviously slipped from Nov to Jan a while ago and the sales guy that thinks I ought to be in the dark just didn't want the conversation.

I'm increasingly under the impression (Nothing official) that there will be a call at some point soon on whether or not they will satisfy the later orders or switch them over to the new car.

I'm taking a Puma ST for a spin on Saturday, so I might have to hang up my keyboard on this forum at some stage. :unsure:

#141 ·
I think it's the same for Ford though isn't it on the Focus and Puma? They're still knocking them out ok.

If anyone gets a call in the next two weeks asking if they'd like to switch to the new car then please let us know on here. I'll be the last to know from the dealer. If they were to offer and match the spec I'm warming to the new car a little bit. The loss of a blue colour that I love and the seats I think are my remaining sticking points. Maybe black, and just get over the seats!? :cool: then let myself enthuse about the extra torque and digital cluster as a bonus. Still think it's off they've not got the new car on the website yet.

I'd be wanting to push it to March earliest though to get a 22 plate..

#146 · (Edited)
Its not it's shallow superficial form, it's deeper than that, I don't like what one becomes when one owns one @KenL ...and I speak from experience 😔

See also all the other models in the 'worst cars on the roads' thread... Audi and Strange Rovers etc. It engenders a misplaced sense of superiority, a belief of entitlement, a status it doesn't merit.

A super car can write those cheques and cash them, a middle of the road sales rep car does not... yet the driver mindset is that they are some sort of Saudi Prince in a gold plated Ferrari.

Stuff that, I grew up, I didn't like what I'd become, I now drive a Ford Fiesta.

#147 · (Edited)
I've driven plenty of BMWs old and new, 1.6 TD to M3 and M4 and various hot versions in between. A place I used to work had them as company cars and various friends and family have had them and keep telling me "they are different now, you'll love it"

I don't like the driving position at all it maybe because I'm tall but can never get comfortable, are all German people short?

I don't find anything looks wise offensive in or out, apart from the latest front grill, but they are a little bit dull not Golf GTi dull but Audi dull.

Also the hyped "German engineering" is over used and out of date. Build quality is still good but their reliability is falling fast on the JD power survey.

I'd sooner go Japanese than German (brand) for reliability, quality and customer service.
But here I am with a Ford 😂
"No one does a scrappy hot hatch like Ford!" Chris Harris Top Gear

#151 ·
I've driven plenty of BMWs old and new, 1.6 TD to M3 and M4 and various hot versions in between. A place I used to work had them as company cars and various friends and family have had them and keep telling me "they are different now, you'll love it"

I don't like the driving position at all it maybe because I'm tall but can never get comfortable, are all German people short?

I don't find anything looks wise offensive in or out, apart from the latest front grill, but they are a little bit dull not Golf GTi dull but Audi dull.

Also the hyped "German engineering" is over used and out of date. Build quality is still good but their reliability is falling fast on the JD power survey.

I'd sooner go Japanese than German for reliability, quality and customer service.
But here I am with a Ford 😂
"No one does a scrappy hot hatch like Ford!" Chris Harris Top Gear
Your ST is German. 😉

#148 ·
That post Twiddle entirely covers why I got rid of the Polo and hated hit. All the ingredients are there for a great car.. decent build, ok looks, nice gadgets, drives ok.. and then the last thing they did at the factory was to skim off every single drop of charisma. The best German car we've ever had was a Bora TDI. I don't know anything about BMW and have never been tempted. As we mention Top Gear - I remember the time they put a BMW badge on a dog turd many a year ago and wrongly that image has stuck in my mind.

I'm back to Ford - originally I was selling it myself based on the 0% for two years and was in for a Puma Vignale. Then a bit of finger wandering on the carwow app actually told me I could get the Fiesta ST for less. I'd always wanted one and being a family man thought the day had passed. But a 5-door ST is a good compromise for a 2nd car in the family so I can still have something that I will love.

My very first brand new car was an Impreza and I've had little Hondas too with that wonderful vtec engine.. So I too love my Japanese cars. The GR would be my I've won the lottery run around, but to me at the moment the ST is the next best thing. It's just a shame that things are so up in the air, and despite having ordered I don't know what I'll end up with and when.

Trying the Puma ST this lunch time cos I'm still curious. Even though the Puma WRC will essentially still be a Fiesta in a marketing disguise, the draw of the WRC is in my mind too.

#158 · (Edited)
But its an SUV. It could look as funky as heck but it still doesn't make chalk into cheese.

It depends what you are looking for of course but comparing to or swapping from a gnarly hot hatch is like swapping silk boxers for hessian y-fronts.

I've found it increasingly bizarre just how many posters recently are prepared to take a poor substitute for what they really want... just so they can get it quicker.

Surely one either wants a hot hatch or one doesn't 🤔

Something is as good as a Fiesta ST is worth the investment of infinite patience is it not?

#157 ·
I have absolutely no clue which way to go.. The Puma was really nice, but it's a lot more money.. on the other hand, the Fiesta is very much a when/if - but it is cheaper and as a second car I'm not needing it to be practical, it will potentially just a be little more raw fun. I could sit tight with the Fiesta and just put up with a terrible dealer, or I could take them on and fight for my deposit back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.