Fiesta ST Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mk8/Mk8.5 Order Updates Only

227K views 3K replies 124 participants last post by  KenL 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
As mentioned in a few threads now I ordered a white ST3 at the beginning of April. As we all know delays hit and well delayed from July to August to September and now to October / November :mad::mad:.

This caused me to start thinking about an I 20N and canceling my order. I rang my dealer and was 100% honest about this and said I am 50/50 on canceling as I can get the I20N in late September. Anyway, he said luckily someone just canceled an identical spec white ST3. Basically, std with LED headlamps is my spec. So I am now collecting at the end of September or early October with a little luck. Not bad I thought.

Now the point of all this waffle. He mentioned that my part ex valuation will have gone up and he will also rework the figures. Basically, I agreed on a PCP deal with a maximum 35% deposit. So now instead of giving my old car up and paying another £750 I will be giving my old car up and collecting £500 as well as the new car. My part x has gone up £1200 since April :cool:. I was thinking about this anyway but the dealer brought it up not me. Can't rate the service I have had from them higher so far. Still have to get the car though but I hope it continues. :)

Anyway, any of you out there with old part x valuations and delayed cars should get the dealers to look at the figures again.

I hope this post helps save at least someone some money and sorry it was a little long.

See less See more
#2 ·
That is good news, I have no PX and sold my ST150 last year but don't think it's value would have increased anyway.
Although my Edition was ordered by the dealer end of April or early May as dealer stock with initial delivery for early September. but judging by what you have said i could be Xmas

#6 ·
Just called my dealer for an update on mine.
Ordered in March, was told “may”.
Called in May, Was told “June”
Called in June, was told “build date now august 5th, looking at September”
Called today, “built, chassis number on system, but still in cologne awaiting microchips. Looking at October at the earliest”

my contract ends October 1st and tbh I’m very close to telling them to shove it.

On the upside, when I first ordered my current fiesta’s (ST-line) value was given as £8500

It’s now £11370

#7 ·
Just called my dealer for an update on mine.
Ordered in March, was told “may”.
Called in May, Was told “June”
Called in June, was told “build date now august 5th, looking at September”
Called today, “built, chassis number on system, but still in cologne awaiting microchips. Looking at October at the earliest”

my contract ends October 1st and tbh I’m very close to telling them to shove it.
Hi @Technogamer, it will be worth waiting for but I know it is frustrating when dealerships move the goal posts. I ordered at the end of May 21 and I think my dealership is managing my expectation reasonably well, telling me that I can expect the car sometime in December 21. I figure that when Cologne resume production on 16/08/21 that there may be some news and the delivery date will be bought forward. Good luck with your order, it does sound like it is progressing👍🏻

#8 ·
Annoying yes, but you've come this far @Technogamer and you'd lose out massively if you stopped now.

The chip shortage is not unique to Ford and neither are production stoppages for Covid. If you told Ford to "shove it" and went to look elsewhere you'd a) be at the back of the line again for whichever make you choose b) be paying the relative equivalent of that £3k increase in price.

It's a no-brainer to stay patient and remain playing the waiting game.

Look at it this way, you've 'gained' £3k of value. If they still haven't got your car by the time your existing car goes back you could buy a stop gap runaround for just a few hundred quid to tide you over until it comes... and you'd get some value back from that runaround anyway by selling it on when your ST Line arrives anyway. Failing that £3k could fund a cheap hire car for ages.

In summary, never fold while you have a winning hand, you can't lose.

#10 ·
Annoying yes, but you've come this far @Technogamer and you'd lose out massively if you stopped now.

The chip shortage is not unique to Ford and neither are production stoppages for Covid. If you told Ford to "shove it" and went to look elsewhere you'd a) be at the back of the line again for whichever make you choose b) be paying the relative equivalent of that £3k increase in price.

It's a no-brainer to stay patient and remain playing the waiting game.

Look at it this way, you've 'gained' £3k of value. If they still haven't got your car by the time your existing car goes back you could buy a stop gap runaround for just a few hundred quid to tide you over until it comes... and you'd get some value back from that runaround anyway by selling it on when your ST Line arrives anyway. Failing that £3k could fund a cheap hire car for ages.

In summary, never fold while you have a winning hand, you can't lose.
I know, I know, I’m being impatient.
I guess I’m just extra frustrated because my sister ordered a new ecosport the same day I ordered my fiesta and she’s been driving it for three months! XD

#15 ·
As mentioned in a few threads now. I ordered a white ST3 in the beginning of April. As we all know delays hit and well delayed from July to August to September and now to October / November :mad::mad:.

This caused me to start thinking about an I 20N and cancelling my order. I rang my dealer and was 100% honest about this and said I am 50/50 on cancelling as I can get the I20N late September. Anyway he said luckily somone just cancelled an identical spec white ST3. Basically std with LED headliamps is my spec. So I am now collecting at the end of September or early October with a little luck. Not bad I thought.

Now the point of all this waffle. He mentioned that my part ex valuation will have gone up and he will also rework the figures. Basically I agreed a PCP deal with the maximum 35% deposit. So now instead of giving my old car up and paying another £750 I will be giving my old car up and collecting £500 as well as the new car. My part x has gone up £1200 since April :cool:. I was thinking about this anyway but the dealer brought it up not me. Can't rate the service I have had from them higher so far. Still have to get the car though but I hope it continues. :)

Anyway any of you out there with old part x valuations and delayed cars should get the dealers to look at the figures again.

I hope this post helps save at least someone some money and sorry it was a little long.
Like you, I have also been thinking about the valuation for my car. I ordered a new ST Focus last December (8 months ago exactly) and of course my valuation was based on a March / April delivery! We all know that second hand prices have shot up so, against my better judgement, yesterday I did a quick WBAC valuation for my car. Wow......it has gone up nearly 3k! Naturally I want more money when my car comes! However, here’s the rub.....updated delivery details are “projected” October build so November/ December delivery. You might say what is the problem with that but of course once the new cars start coming through I fear this enhanced second hand value will drop like a stone.....
Maybe, like Maler, I am fortunate as my dealer will play fair with me when my car arrives so I’m happy to sit back and wait.

#17 ·
Hi @mirast, I ordered a similar time to you and don't expect delivery until November 21. The used market is inflated at present so I agree you should get a premium price for your current car. I am fortunate that I have use of another car whilst I am impatiently waiting, good luck on an earlier delivery date👍🏻

#21 ·
New member and late to the party compared to others. Ordered an ST3 last week and was given end of November as a provisional finger in the air. Dealer said it was based on the latest guidance they'd had from Ford.

Fingers crossed, but prepared to wait longer if necessary. I'd been running a Polo for 18 months, but given the great prices on used cars moved it on and car sharing until I can pick up something cheap as an interim runaround.

Missed my Fiesta(s) and deal was just too good to turn down. This will be my first ST and feel like a kid on Christmas eve.

#22 ·
I phoned my dealer last week - ordered ST3 all options end of April for 1st Sept Delivery. Was told cpl of weeks ago it will be eta end of sept at dealers. Phoned last week and was told build date is 15th Sept so ETA first cpl of weeks in Oct at dealer. On the plus side, the dealer has said that he is going to look at the value of my car again which is an ST3 with all options and will be increasing the amount being offered. So he has stated that the amount i will pay will drop. So looking at the above i am expecting a bit of a jump in px value as mine was valued at end of april

#27 ·
Just discovered some scummy repair practices by my former “regular” dealer so enquired elsewhere about if it is possible to transfer my order (March, delivery date Nov at soonest) over to deal with them. I ended up walking out with a brand new ST Edition expected in about 5 weeks.

so… there’s gonna be a (all but sunroof) fully specced ST-3 in performance blue going spare
In November if your dealer can nab it

#33 ·
So quick update. Had a call from the dealer today. was told couple of weeks ago build had moved to 15th Sept for delivery first cpl of weeks in Oct. Now been told that the Factory has shut down due to a COVID outbreak and build now moved to 6th Oct with delivery early Nov. As my existing car is on PCP and will be 3 years old from 1st Nov they have said that they will pay for the service on it and also MOT. He also said that as the value of my car has gone up - and ive got quotes from Motorway and WBAC, it will reduce the payments and prob wont have to put much in to keep payments approx same
He also said that all dealers have been told not to accept any more orders for Fiestas at all from Sept. They are guaranteeing build of Fiestas ordered pre September but obviously much delayed in build/delivery

#48 ·
Heard back from dealer today. Looks like my car has slipped by about 3 weeks.

Hopefully collect early November. No big deal as I have my ST2 which is fab.

Only slight annoyance is that it needs servicing soon. I have the service contract so no cost, just the inconvenience.

#38 ·
Perhaps they build the 3/5 doors on different lines and they hadn't entirely exhausted the 3dr bucket at the time. Mine is 5dr for the school run. I know what you mean about still being able to build one on the website, but presumably there has to be a transition point at some point and Covid might just have brought their plans ahead and before all the marketing bumf is ready to go on the new one.

I did a Carwow earlier this week and you literally don't get any offers now - so ties in with what you and others have been told too.

As and when I find out other snippets I'll update here.

#39 ·
Or maybe you can order some of the preconfigured cars that have been cancelled by a customer or ordered by dealer. I know I have got a few of those to get quicker delivery. You can configure and change the offer to a certain point so maybe thats the reason some places are still taking orders.

#42 ·
They took 2k as they said the deposit had to cover the options I’d selected or something along those lines, the rest of the finance deal was pretty decent - pay 14k up front and then nothing for 2 years where I’d pay the balance, I’m planning on keeping the car anyway, I could have got away with a small deposit and a monthly payment, but I preferred this option

I basically ticked every option bar the pano sunroof 😂

#49 ·
To be honest I reckon you'd have had a case for them covering the ST2 service cost even if you hadn't got a service contract @KenL

It would've been a cost you weren't expecting because they initially gave an earlier delivery date. In my head that would've been a case of 'its your delay, so you pay' 🤨

#50 ·
To be honest I reckon you'd have had a case for them covering the ST2 service cost even if you hadn't got a service contract @KenL

It would've been a cost you weren't expecting because they initially gave an earlier delivery date. In my head that would've been a case of 'its your delay, so you pay' 🤨
Really? When is a car delivery ever guaranteed?

I could always ask of course but given that I have paid upfront for 3 services I am not too fussed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.