Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, did anyone tried to rev standard engine up to 8000rpm? Or upgraded cams and standard retainers on 8000rpm?

Cheers

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
I don't know if this will help but......

The cars running 200bhp over here rev upto 7,500/7,800 but there N/A,not turbo'd or supercharged.

I'm sure for 8,000rpm you need to update them,specially with your car with lots of boost and quite a but more then 200bhp.

I think it's advisable to upgrade them to play safe.you maybe able to rev it that high but I can't see it being to safe.your engine costs ££££ so may aswell change them.

Lee

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I read somwhere that 7,200RPM Is the max you can rev too on Standard Retainer's Etc.
tried that too... 7800 on standard, didnt have balls to push it couple hundreds more

so i asked did anyone else tried...
im thinking of making budget ST turbo...

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
What for your ST or to sell as a Kit ^ ..?

I dont even redline my car In standard form let alone 200+BHP....However this WILL change soon

·
Registered
106 Posts
I would not recommend running any higher than 7750rpm with std. springs. Its not only the speed but also the agressiveness of the cam. Are you looking at changing anything cam wise?

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
if it is budget project, than it is completely stock engine with turbo on its back ;)
If 7500 is safe, that sounds fine ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts