Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my car a couple of weeks now 2016 ST-2 it has a very loud Cobra exhaust and I’ve noticed it doesn’t boost over 5 psi
It’s nippy but has never felt fast
I have no idea what has been done to it except the exhaust and that symposer delete thing. 45k miles on clock
Any ideas?

·
Registered
67 Posts
could be a leak in the vac lines, especially if you have a boost gauge.
if there isnt a reference adapter for the boost gauge it would be tapped directly in vac line, which isnt a problem if done correctly.

if there is a BOV fitted the spring and valve on it be stuck open a tiny bit which is allowing boost to escape?

5 psi is an extremely low amount of boost,

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hood Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design

the refrence adapter would be here and look like this ,if there is no adapter then its tapped to the vac lines

Light Product Automotive tire Camera accessory Automotive wheel system

if check engine lights are appearing then take that BACK! ASAP
getting a good st180 that hasnt been ragged is difficult .

·
Registered
197 Posts
The garage said “your boost gauge starts at -15 so when it goes to 5 you are getting 20psi of boost”
That's because it is under vacuum when the turbo hasn't spooled yet. My boost gauge goes from -7psi to +26psi but it doesn't mean that the turbo has 33psi of boost..it will go kaboom

I'd get a cheap code reader and see what the individual issue is. If you can jack the car up, check all the jubilee clamps from the turbo to the intercooler and intercooler to the inlet manifold as these are the most prone to cause boost leaks

You can try to simulate the issue too by driving under 2.5k revs and if the engine light does not come on then it can be a boost related issue

·
Premium Member
2,493 Posts
The garage is now saying it’s an after market boost gauge so it isn’t reliable! And the car is fine!
I’ve never known mechanical boost gauges to fail
Take the boost gauge out of line, make sure where ever the gauge was getting pressure from is bunged up properly then have the car datalogged.

The garage said “your boost gauge starts at -15 so when it goes to 5 you are getting 20psi of boost”
Oh and take it to a different garage, take it to a place which is familiar with the ST180.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts